Stolen Hubcaps

kingfish78734

Hi All,

Just returned from Ecstacy cruise today. Parked at EZCruise in Galveston. Returned to lot to get my car and the hubcaps had been stolen. Spoke to the owner on our shuttle driver's cell phone and was told to call the police and get a police report. I then asked how they were going to compensate me for the hubcaps stolen from their supposedly "secure" lot and was told "that's what your insurance is for". I couldn't BELIEVE this response!!!! I said "no, that's what lawyers are for" and said goodbye. I then spoke to two different employees of theirs and they told me that they have been trying to get the owner to hire a security guard to no avail and that the "24 hour security system" consists of two cameras....HA!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm only mildly upset about the hubcaps...they could have been stolen anywhere. But the fact that EZCruise's website assures safety and security, I believe that the company assumes liability, and certainly, if nothing else, a better attitude towards customer service and satisfaction. (I have not yet begun to fight!!!! and I'll continue to update the results.) Thanks for listening and I would recommend to ALL to use a lot OTHER than EZCruise in Galveston.

Sorry to hear about your problem but since they have two cameras can they look at the tape to see if they can find the culprit. Not that this is a high priority crime but you never know what can come of it.

Sorry to hear about your problem but since they have two cameras can they look at the tape to see if they can find the culprit. Not that this is a high priority crime but you never know what can come of it.

The police came out and filled out a report. (Officer Rojas was very helpful and informative, by the way.) But, I certainly didn't expect them to call out the SWAT team to go hunting for my stolen hubcaps :) . I am not very upset about my hubcaps (albeit this will dig into my wallet about $400 and my deductible is $500 so I won't be calling my insurance company). I am incredulous (to put it mildly) at the stance taken by this business owner. You see, good word of mouth is PRICELESS....but BAD word of mouth can be VERY PRICEY.

The police came out and filled out a report. (Officer Rojas was very helpful and informative, by the way.) But, I certainly didn't expect them to call out the SWAT team to go hunting for my stolen hubcaps :) . I am not very upset about my hubcaps (albeit this will dig into my wallet about $400 and my deductible is $500 so I won't be calling my insurance company). I am incredulous (to put it mildly) at the stance taken by this business owner. You see, good word of mouth is PRICELESS....but BAD word of mouth can be VERY PRICEY.

I am glad you got a good response from the police and I just want to suggest to try EBAY for the hubcaps. I have had to get them and they were very reasonable. Many different styles from super fancy to generic.

I also would be mad that the business owner totally ignored your problem. In addtion to posting here I would file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau to possibly get more action.

Buyer beware. What more can you say? Do you expect them to pay off every victim on their lot (no, just you, right?)... maybe they should invest in guard dogs...

Some things are just part of life. And, by the way, having $400 hubcaps is part of the problem!!!

So... are you trying to tell everyone to Beware of EZCruise Parking in Galveston...?

No, ya think? Figure that all by yourself or did you have help? Man, you're pretty quick on the uptake........er, sorry, ......really,.....kneejerk response....please forgive me.

Buyer beware. What more can you say? Do you expect them to pay off every victim on their lot (no, just you, right?)... maybe they should invest in guard dogs...

Some things are just part of life. And, by the way, having $400 hubcaps is part of the problem!!!

Well, Salty, my stolen hubcaps were only 1 step up from stock equipment from Dodge when I bought my car...so they're not really fancy or "bling bling" or mirror shiny or anything flashy at all. They're just VERY slightly better than run of the mill, standard hubcaps.

And yes, I do expect something....at the very least a sorry and maybe an offer to give back my $35 that I paid to park there. You seemed to have missed my point: It's not about the money!!!....or the stinkin' hubcaps. It's about how to treat people who do business with you. And in this instance, someone who CHOOSES to do business with YOUR business rather than a competitor.

I simply expected of this business, as with any business, to stand behind the image they project, and also the statements they make, with all customers, not JUST me. I CHOSE to do business with EZCruise instead of somewhere else, based, in part, (although a substantial part) on their assurances, where on the HOME page they say Quote: So enjoy your trip with the peace of mind that your vehicle will be safe and secure. Endquote. Yet when something happens on their "safe and secure" lot, they don't even have the common decency to say so much as "We're Sorry, our lot is usually very secure. How about next time we give you covered parking for the price of uncovered?" etc. Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ Man...SOMETHING!!! Am I expecting too much? Am I? (rhetorical)

Hi All,

Just returned from Ecstacy cruise today. Parked at EZCruise in Galveston. Returned to lot to get my car and the hubcaps had been stolen. Spoke to the owner on our shuttle driver's cell phone and was told to call the police and get a police report. I then asked how they were going to compensate me for the hubcaps stolen from their supposedly "secure" lot and was told "that's what your insurance is for". I couldn't BELIEVE this response!!!! I said "no, that's what lawyers are for" and said goodbye. I then spoke to two different employees of theirs and they told me that they have been trying to get the owner to hire a security guard to no avail and that the "24 hour security system" consists of two cameras....HA!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm only mildly upset about the hubcaps...they could have been stolen anywhere. But the fact that EZCruise's website assures safety and security, I believe that the company assumes liability, and certainly, if nothing else, a better attitude towards customer service and satisfaction. (I have not yet begun to fight!!!! and I'll continue to update the results.) Thanks for listening and I would recommend to ALL to use a lot OTHER than EZCruise in Galveston.

The Bailment Law, might be something to look into, and BTW, I don't care if they were $10,000.00 hubcaps, the problem.. is the criminal, NEVER the victim.

Good Luck

-Mike

I would do the following if in your shoes:

1. Write the owner of the lot a very nice letter informing him that you will see him in small claims court.

2. Report him to the Better Business Bureau and the Cruise Ship lines.

3. Post your complaint on every Cruise ship page on Cruise critic to warn others of this cheap creep.

4. File suit against him in small claims court even if it means missing a day of work.

The above are just my thoughts and what I would do. I can't stand having people be abused by low lifes that think they can get away with false and misleading advertising.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

I noticed on the terms of my agreement with a Miami parking lot for our upcoming cruise it says they are not responsible for theft/damage to my vehicle even though it's a "secure" lot. Kinda like parking at the mall if you ask me. Tough luck, atleast it was only hubcaps.

$400 for wheel covers? Your kidding right? Before you go buy new ones, consider some killer custom wheels with locks. They can be had for as little as a few hundred more than your wheel covers and you'll look like pimp-daddy cruising around town. Personally, I'd like some chrome nekkid lady spinners on mine too. Begin your search for bling here.

http://www.tiresdelivered.com/advancedSearch.php? I can highly recommend these folks. Just bought some chrome wheels for my wifes Lexus and they had super fast shipping and absolutely the best CS I've ever gotten from ANYONE period.

http://eurotechwheels.com/ These folks are great too if you have a European car. Got some chrome wheels for an old Mercedes 500 SEL project car and they were fast too with good CS.

I noticed on the terms of my agreement with a Miami parking lot for our upcoming cruise it says they are not responsible for theft/damage to my vehicle even though it's a "secure" lot. Kinda like parking at the mall if you ask me. Tough luck, atleast it was only hubcaps.

Once again, I'll repeat this for those who have "never really been intuh dat dere BOOK lernin' stuff".... the hubcaps are NOT the issue here.

I for one Thank You for posting! We will be in Galveston in November and were worried about leaving our car at the Hotel's lot. BUT, if EZ cruise is no better, might as well save my buck!

Once again, thanks! and sorry to hear about your hubcaps.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened!!! It is a sad day when we can't even go on vacation anymore, isn't it? :(

We are going on the Conquest at the end of the month and you have officially made my mind up on where to park! Thank you!!! It isn't just about the theft, but it is about honor in my opinion. I do not want to support a person like that, period! We too were worried about parking in a hotel parking lot and were thinking of parking at EZ just for the added "security" that they advertise. Frankly, if it is just 2 cameras... that isn't worth the $50 to me!

So, this is a "your loss is our gain" kind of situation. I am sorry that it happened, tho. BTW, how was the cruise????

Cindy (counting down the days until we are in Heaven on the 'Quest!)

~ please ignore spelling... I'm dyslexic ~

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!! Way to smash some SOONERS boys!!!! :D :D :D

Which lot were you in? They have the main lot right next to the dock and lot 2 that is a little fenced in area in a neighborhood. We've parked at lot 1 and never gave it a 2nd thought, but last time they moved us to lot 2 and I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car there.

Thank you for posting your experience with EZ-Cruise. I parked my vehicle in a Hotel parking lot last summer and I wondered if it would be safer in a "secure" parking area. Your experience tells me that I might as well save the money and park in the hotel parking lot again for my March cruise.

Hi All,

Thanks for listening and I would recommend to ALL to use a lot OTHER than EZCruise in Galveston.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to use EZCruise this coming March. I will look for another establishment that, at least carries some type of liability insurance.

Archived