Carry luggage on?

mom2eli

You can carry your own luggage onto the ship - IF it will fit into the small x-ray machine they use for carry-on luggage, which is about 11"x17". It could be done, but that might be a lotta small pieces of luggage to have to carry.:rolleyes:

If I might ask - why would you not want to check your luggage?

Yes, you can. But you probably don't want to, unless you are a very light packer going on a very short cruise. You probably won't be able to go to your cabin until 1:30, so if you are planning to board early, you will be stuck carting your stuff to lunch and anywhere else you want to go. It's a lot easier to just take a small carryon with you and wait for the rest of your stuff to show up later. You're on vacation -- enjoy it!

So I know you can choose to carry your own luggage off the ship, but i am wondering if you can carry your own luggage on too???

I don't know if I would want to bring it on, and look for my cabin. The first 2 days on a ship people just stop they are so lost. Taking it off is nice. Its very fast.

• 2 months later...

Here is another and even better reason to carry-on luggage. Carnival has an amazing ability to beat the daylights out of suitcases. We always see numerous people at the pursors desk making luggage claims for damaged bags. We have also experienced it. Ours looked like they ran a forklift fork right through it !!!!

You can carry your own luggage onto the ship - IF it will fit into the small x-ray machine they use for carry-on luggage, which is about 11"x17"

Its actually 24"x 16"

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Since the delivery of checked bags may take some time to reach your stateroom, you may elect to bring your own bags on board if they do not exceed 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Additionally, we highly recommend that guests personally carry any boarding documentation (passports, visas, I.D.), valuables, medications, and items which require special handling on and off the vessel. This advantage will ensure prompt and easy access to your baggage. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on baggage.

1. It might be lost

2. You will have immediate access to it

Not a bad idea, actually. Check the the suitcase with the alcohol in it and carry on everything else. :) If/when I do a 3 or 4 day cruise, I might just do that..

It's not carnival killing the luggage, it's union port workers....

I tipped well and still had a wheel snapped off a suitcase, I didn't bother with a claim since I just accept it as part of traveling but it will be kind of a pain flying this week until I replace it.

I guess I should be grateful , this will be our 13th cruise and we have NEVER had a luggage issue, no dammage, no lost luggage, infact our luggage has usually been there way before 1st seating for dinner. Now we have learnt to carry on a bag with meds, jewlery and bathing suits, brush, sun lotions and a change (nice but light wear) so that in case the luggage is NOT there by dinner time we have someting to change into and we then have our bathing suits to enjoy the hot tubs and pools before dinner and before the boat even leaves the dock!!! At the very least our bags have always been there by the time we got back from dinner!

last cruise in October on the Inspiration our bags were there just 1 hour after we got on the ship, and we got on early! So....I guess we have been blessed by the luggage angels thus far...........hope it continues!

It's not carnival killing the luggage, it's union port workers....

I tipped well and still had a wheel snapped off a suitcase, I didn't bother with a claim since I just accept it as part of traveling but it will be kind of a pain flying this week until I replace it.

I don't think it would matter if it was Carnival employees or "union port workers" porting luggage. There is no good way to gently stack luggage filled with alcohol in an 8 foot tall bin. And for every port worker who stacks that luggage, there is a Carnival employee who un-stacks it, then stacks it on a luggage cart and delivers it to your cabin. At the end of the cruise, of course, the reverse occurs.

Archived