Torn Between Two Cabins

Navigator of the Seas: D1 1690 or E1 7688.

I do know that the cabin in a D1 has the couch and the E1 has the loveseat. However, which would you choose when it comes to balconies?

The price difference is only a total of $100.

I am so torn with this decision, I could really use some help! :rolleyes:

Thanks! :)

I do know that the cabin in a D1 has the couch and the E1 has the loveseat. However, which would you choose when it comes to balconies?

Is this a cabin for two? Or do you have a third passenger with you?

If it's just two of you, go for 7688. The balcony is almost as large as the cabin.........it's like having a two-room suite.

We had a very similar decision to make for our upcoming Explorer 12/17 cruise. I didn't ponder long when an E1, aft 7688, showed as available though I was booked in a center hump D1 on deck 9. Grabbed it in a hearbeat after looking at Bonnie Voyager's collection of Voyager class aft cabin pictures. The balcony is huge, and includes shade as well as sun.

There are 3 of us but since my grown sons are sharing a PR cabin, I suspect my 13 year old, booked in our cabin, will spend quite a bit of time with his brothers.

I'll know better of course once I've given it a try. But my gut, and many cruisecritic posters, tell me I'm right.

There are only two of us, DH and myself.

Bonnie Voyager's pictures look so great. I must admit, I'm tempted to try 7388/7688. I realize that the Voyager Class ships have that metal construction in the aft but I'm just afraid that it will be so much worse on deck 7 than deck 10.

You know how it goes, I have a great cabin booked, 1690, I'm afraid if I switched, down the road I'll feel I've made a mistake!

As one posted mentioned, and as the song goes, "torn between two cabins, feeling like a fool, loving both of them is breaking all the rules, ......":rolleyes:

Bonnie Voyager, where are you? I think you may have stayed in both of these great cabins. What would you do?

The larger cabin will only be a little more than $14 a night difference. To us, the extra cabin space makes a difference and for that small amount, we would go for it.

I did notice the Windjammer is above the cabins on deck 10, aft. Never having been on this ship, can anyone answer if this is a problem?

Personally, I will always take the 10th deck if available on the Voyager class and above.

There are so many suites on that deck, that there are far less people in general. (more cabins = more passengers)

It was evident right at the pier when our line to check in was unbelievably shorter than all the others.

Also, we used the stairs alot , rather than waiting for crowded elevators, because we were only 1 floor below the windjammer, kids clubs, sports decks etc...

We never heard any noise from the Windjammer.

Something to keep in mind- if your on a 10th deck AFT balcony, and you lean against the railing, people sitting in the Windjammer can look directly down on you.

I only mention this because being alone on a balcony at sea with someone you love is very romantic!!!!You never know what will happen!:D

Torn between two cabins,

Feeling like a fool,

Loving both of you,

Is breaking all the rules

Couldn't resist, I'm back in the 70's again!:D

Dirtgirl,

Way funny.... I signed in to respond to this thread when I say "Torn between two cabins"....I was signing the whole song and then I hit the button to respond and there you were....you beat me to the punch.

Great minds think alike:D

I'll be on the Explorer in 3 weeks in cabin 7688.....can't wait!

I'll be on the Explorer in 3 weeks in cabin 7688.....can't wait!

JMAT, would you be so kind as to come back after your cruise and let me know what you thought???

Everyone is sooo helpful. I appreciate all these comments, songs, etc, sooo much. I'm taking it all in and its helping me a great deal! :)

THANK YOU!!

Dirtgirl,

Way funny.... I signed in to respond to this thread when I say "Torn between two cabins"....I was signing the whole song and then I hit the button to respond and there you were....you beat me to the punch.

Great minds think alike:D

I was trying to remember the second verse, but I wasn't sure. I think I have it now, though. I don't think I've heard that song for almost 30 years. It's funny how they just pop back into your head!:)

I was recently in 7388 on the Mariner (mirror image of 7688), and the balcony was huge! We had 3 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs, and 2 tables with plenty of extra space. The balcony was so wonderful, it didn't matter what the cabin was like. You do have a bit of an obstructed view looking straight back, but the view off the side is straight down onto the water.

There are only two of us, DH and myself.

Bonnie Voyager's pictures look so great. I must admit, I'm tempted to try 7388/7688. I realize that the Voyager Class ships have that metal construction in the aft but I'm just afraid that it will be so much worse on deck 7 than deck 10.

You know how it goes, I have a great cabin booked, 1690, I'm afraid if I switched, down the road I'll feel I've made a mistake!

As one posted mentioned, and as the song goes, "torn between two cabins, feeling like a fool, loving both of them is breaking all the rules, ......":rolleyes:

Bonnie Voyager, where are you? I think you may have stayed in both of these great cabins. What would you do?

This is truly a win/win situation you've got here! I have not stayed in either cabin (I always select 1688), but I have been inside both cabins that you are comparing and can attest first-hand to the fact that these are both wonderful choices! Now, while I have to admit, I would also be tempted by the HUGE balcony of 7688, for only $100 difference I would select the larger cabin 1690 which still has a very large balcony with an unobstructed view. Yes, you can be seen from above when standing at the railing, but only if someone is also standing in the Windjammer specifically looking down at you. Most of the time the folks in the Windjammer are minding their own business, eating their meal and enjoying the view of the wake. I almost always sail aft and have never been bothered by on-lookers from above. In the late evening the Windjammer is closed so no one is looking down anyway. 1690 is a very nice, large cabin and the balcony is a very nice size. 7688 is a very nice balcony but I find the cabin size to be a bit too close for my own comfort. I'd take it in a heartbeat though if the deck 10 aft cabins were not available or within reach financially. But, in your case, 1690 is available and only $100 more than 7688, so if it were me, I'd stick with 1690 and have no regrets at all! Good luck deciding! Just remember that they are both terrific choices! You won't be sorry either way!

I don't know if they will book 7688 for just 2. It has a pullman and we have been in it 7388, the mirror image 4 times on the mairiner and once one the Voyager. We have always had our daughter with us. I was setting up a cruise on board last week and they were checking for the cabin and it did not come up when using 2 passengers, just 3. In the past we were told we could not book the cabin for 2, but things change.

I don't know if they will book 7688 for just 2. It has a pullman and we have been in it 7388, the mirror image 4 times on the mairiner and once one the Voyager. We have always had our daughter with us. I was setting up a cruise on board last week and they were checking for the cabin and it did not come up when using 2 passengers, just 3. In the past we were told we could not book the cabin for 2, but things change.

Later, yes, in this case, they will book 7688/7388 with 2 people. It has something to do with the number of people already booked for that particular cruise.

Bonnie Voyager, thanks so much for your opinion. You are a wealth of information and I agree totally with what you said. My DH has given his vote, and its to stay where we are (1690), especially since there are only 2 of us. We agree that 1690 has a great balcony for 2!! :p

Thanks to everyone for their help. Decision is made for this voyage, 1690 is the winner!!! :)

Archived