LIVE From 10/15 Freedom of the Seas "Crown & Anchor" Cruise

LauraS

Oh my gosh Laura, I can already feel the excitement in your posts. This is going to be a GREAT blog! I look forward to reading your nightly updates, and wish you all a very safe and FUN cruise.

PS: If you would . . . please tell PBTom I said "hello".

BON VOYAGE!!!!

Island Annie<---- hopes to cruise with your group sometime soon;-)

Laura it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I can hardly wait to read all of your posts.

Thanks for letting us know about dining. I know we all were very worried about the 9:00 changed. Good to hear that it is back to 8:30.

We stayed at the Marriott downtown and used my Marriott Points. It was pretty nice and they have a shuttle to the terminal for $5 per person.

Happy Sailing!

Jen

Hi Jenny !

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise so far! It's so exciting reading these live reports , thank you (and all the gang!) for sharing your trip with us!

We are also staying at the Marriott using points on our April Freedom cruise.We paid the $25 upgrade fee for a bayview room-after reading your post I'm glad we did!

How was the $5 shuttle to the pier? Long lines? What time did you head to the ship? Did they give you some kind of "reservation" when you checked in? This sounds like an awesome deal!

Greetings from FOS. It’s so nice to be on a ship again. Since posting from the ship can be costly, I’m going to type before logging on so if I’m redundant with some of the other posters, I apologize.

Laura was right....the embarkation process was very long today but we just kept talking and laughing and waving to others with pink boas....and AFTER ALL....we were getting on a ship!!!!! How could you not be excited??? There are some very nice things about Freedom. I LOVE our cabin! I think the spaciousness of our cabin and balcony are wonderful and the fabrics and décor are one of the nicest cabins we’ve been in (we’re in 8378 on the starboard side of the ship). The photography of wild animals found throughout the ship is terrific as is the beautiful glass sculpture in a lounge area that was unmarked. The three story dining room is beautiful and classic. Haven't noticed the lines once on the ship....in fact the Viking Crown (which they call Olive and Twist on the ship) was empty when we went for our pre dinner drink last night. What a beautiful spot.

Time to go check out breakfast and then off to our M&M...hoping for a huge turnout! Both meals we ate yesterday (lunch in Windjammer and dinner in the dining room) were both very good.

I’ll check in later. Have a great day!

Patrick and I watched the muster and the ship leave the beautiful Miami port...so many memories! For each and everyone, relish every second as it goes by all too quickly. I had wanted to do room service but never got around to it.

Emmy, Rick, Carol, Bob, Rick, Diana, Chris or Kathy, please post and let us know about the Sexy Legs contest; inquiring minds want to know all the down and dirty details. GOOD luck all you brave participants!

Janice

Good morning to all from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas.. a very very special hello to all my Original Pink Boa Society friends and family..hi Maddi too..

What a first day it was... my tablemates Chris (Huntster) & Kathy, Eddiesmom (Roberta) and her friends Tina and Jennifer, Carol (Flames) & B.O.B :) and Susan (AKSusan) & her mom Pat had a big surprise for me at the dinner table... they all arrived and Chris made a little speech to say how honoured he was to be sailing with me and then they all took off there shirts/blouses to reveal underneath HoT pink Tshirts that said

"I Sailed With Emmy" it was a riot...and then they had a tshirt for DH Rick that said "I'm With Emmy" and of course mine said "I'M Emmy'

We all sat at dinner with these bright Pink tshirts and then Roberta presented me with a tiara with pink boa feathers on it.. so needless to say we attracted MUCH attention... at dinner and as we made our way around the ship for the pub crawl

We all wore the tshirts at our pub crawl which was so much fun...everyone with boas.

Notes to table 314 from Freedom June 4... we have JOHN as our headwaiter and he greeted Carol and I with a kiss.. also many remember the PBS from the first sailing...Patrick..as I was boarding with me Pink Boa one of the crew said "I remember you' you had that guy with the boa at the Sexy Legs" you are indeed famous :)

On anther note Chris and I did make our visit to 'our shrine' Ode to Freedom..shed a few tears..took some pictures..and left pink boa feathers on the corners of the frame...good news... they are still there this morning:)

Right next to where Ode hangs is the office of "Cruise Director' Ken Rush... we also left pink boa feathers in the corners of his office sign and in his door...

Met Ken last night before the parade and we reconnected and are on track for the interview in the promenade at 12:15...

Seabirds (Rick) is busy documenting this cruise via pictures..way to go Rick :)

Meet & Mingle is in about 1 hour so will see if we hit the record for attendance...

Having lots of fun... and many remember the PBS...

Will report in after the big moment 'Sexy Legs Contest"

Wish you were all here

Okay where are all my cruisemates... sleeping in after our pubcrawl...

Okay not sure if this has been on the boards..we did see Grandeur return to Miami about 2:30 yesterday afternoon..rumour was she was damaged somehow..anybody know any info..it was strange to see a RCI ship coming into port at that time of day..

With this internet being sooo slow I am only going to this thread..

Patrick...Mary and PBS.. I neglected to thank you for officially registering the name Pink Boa Society... we are now officially

www.pinkboasociety.com :) I am so thrilled about that and look forward to starting up the website.

Renee..thank you for the treats, Mary thanks for the beverage :) and Teri the chocolate covered strawberries are past tense now..yummy

You are all here in spirit.. walking those steps to board Freedom was very emotional for me.. you were right there with me..I felt you here and still do

Okay off to take some sun before we 'meet & Mingle'

Okay not sure if this has been on the boards..we did see Grandeur return to Miami about 2:30 yesterday afternoon..rumour was she was damaged somehow..anybody know any info..it was strange to see a RCI ship coming into port at that time of day..

Emmy, just found this on another thread. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info! This is actually a little bit amusing. Emmy (and many others apparently) don't realize that Grandeur makes Miami a port of call, not a turnaround home port. :)

She sailed from Baltimore on the 13th. I used the sail dates (since that is what everyone knows in their head) to label each cruise.

Good Morning Crew !

Well, it sounds like all has gotten off to an amazing start, and hopefully all the "pub crawlers" are up and rarin' to go. :p

Em - your posts have rendered me a blubbering mess - crying and laughing at the same time.

The tears are flowing, my eyes are stinging {that's probably the mascara}, and I have somehow been transported from my office to poolside with a "foo foo" drink in hand and my pink boa flowing in the breeze, as I sit anxiously awaiting the Sexy Legs Contest to begin.

Your dinner last night sounds absolutely outstanding and if our PINK IMPRESSION could have been taken to the next level in the galaxy, then it surely has been. Looking forward to pictures of a line-up of pink T-shirts with "I'm Emmy" at the end....what a hoot. :p And, kudos to Chris, Roberta, and the rest of your table mates for pulling off what must have been one helluva surprise...Chris, now I know what you were talking about in your message to me last week...way to go !!

I'm thrilled that you and Chris found our beautiful "Ode to Freedom" masterpiece, and I can't wait to see it in all it's glory hanging there with little pink feathers adorning it. Okay, Niagara Falls has officially started pouring down my cheeks.

Em - please give our love to Rick, Chris & Kat, Carol & Bob, Roberta, et al, and a BIG PBS HELLO, to CD Ken, and HW John, two fellows, who in their own special ways, made our Maiden Voyage on Freedom, so memorable.

Enjoy your week everyone, and keep the posts coming...really enjoying them at this end.

Much PINK love to you all,

Teri & Tony (Terfer & Advocat)

Second Seating timing -- last night it wa 8:45 but tonight (and I'm assuming from here on out) it's 8:30

M&M was great! LOTS AND LOTS of people.

Lunch time....will be back!

That is outstanding news!!! I hope it does stay at 8:30 I would just hate it if they changed it to 9:00 PM.

Hello to all the Freedom cruisers!

Emmy, I can't wait to see the pics of your pink tee shirt dinner! That is so funny!

It is 12:30PM here, so the Mr. Sexy Legs contest will be underway soon! I will be thinking of you all, and especially Chris and Emmy! :)

Emmy,

You sound like you guys have had quite a cruise so far and it's only Monday. Right about now, the "Sexy Legs Contest" is occurring and we are all dying to know how it goes. I am sure Chris will do us all proud. Since you will only be posting here, I will put you posts on our other threads for you. If I could get it on the front page of Cruise Critic, I would...

Tell Chris "good job" on the shirts. That was a wonderful idea. He should market them, Janice and I would buy a couple.

One last thing..I just want to say a big "You're Welcome" regarding the web site. I will forward the links you need to get started.

Patrick and Janice

Intothevoid, and all other future FOS Cruisers, this is the response I received from RCI this morning from my note emailed about the change of dining to 9 PM. It proves it is good to write down your opinions.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The second seating dining time of 9:00 pm on the Freedom of the Seas was a test and has now been changed back to the original time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative"

Enjoy your cruise this week. Just love reading all of your on-board posts.

Intothevoid, and all other future FOS Cruisers, this is the response I received from RCI this morning from my note emailed about the change of dining to 9 PM. It proves it is good to write down your opinions.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The second seating dining time of 9:00 pm on the Freedom of the Seas was a test and has now been changed back to the original time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative"

Enjoy your cruise this week. Just love reading all of your on-board posts.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I guess all the phone calls and emails worked!!!!

This is great news!!!

Hey Emmy!!!

Just thought I's stop bye and say howdy..lol those shirts are too much...remember when we were talking about that same thing way back after the Caribbean Princess..what an awesome surprise..

Have a great cruise, we are planning a repeat sailing on the emerald in Jan 05, 2008, a 10 day out of FLA. with an awesome itinerary..would love to see you and Rick again..

Have a great cruise..tell "hang ten" Rick howdy..talk to you soon..

Sheryl and Michael~ we've sailed with the infamous Rick and Emmy:cool:

Okay where are all my cruisemates... sleeping in after our pubcrawl...

With this internet being sooo slow I am only going to this thread..

Patrick...Mary and PBS.. I neglected to thank you for officially registering the name Pink Boa Society... we are now officially

www.pinkboasociety.com :) I am so thrilled about that and look forward to starting up the website.

Renee..thank you for the treats, Mary thanks for the beverage :) and Teri the chocolate covered strawberries are past tense now..yummy

You are all here in spirit.. walking those steps to board Freedom was very emotional for me.. you were right there with me..I felt you here and still do

Okay off to take some sun before we 'meet & Mingle'

Emmy this is so great.....keep the posts coming, when you have time.....looking forward to hearing more when you get home too.

Fran in Toronto

I am forwarding this post for Emmy....apparently the connection on the Freedom is somewhat lacking.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Chris (Huntster) for his triumph in the "Sexy Legs" contest! The PBS now possesses two medals...more to come?

Mr. Sexy Flamingo Legs

Hello Gang...all I can say is WOW... our sexy legs contestant did the PBS so proud..I was so pleased and proud of Chris..awesome routine.. video and pictures later.. all I have to say is... I never never expected to see that Pink Speedo on that 'bum' of his..:) Patrick you sly one!What a charmer handing out pink roses to the judges!

Chris Rocks!

He was a great sport... and rewarded..

Patrick and Jan..I have the books for you..art and Freedom

This internet sucks... way slower than June 4...RCI do something..oh yes Live interview with Ken went well..and our Meet & Mingle had about 200 + or so..never saw so many pink boa feathers in my life... you all would have been amazed and overwhelmed... it is truly magical

Gotta run and get ready for formal night..

Emmy jogal.gif

Original Member Freedom's Pink Boa Society :p

Freedom of the Seas Oct. 15, 2006 Crown & Anchor Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2006;10;15;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Click Here for October 15 Freedom Family Album

200704281700_101.gif

Freedom of the Seas (Inaugural Voyage) ~ June 2006

Coral Princess ~ April 2006

Sapphire Princess ~ Oct 2005

Jewel of the Seas ~ April 2005

Caribbean Princess ~ October 2004

Mariner of the Seas ~ May 2004

Navigator of the Seas ~ May 2003

Sun Princess ~ April 2002

Enchantment of the Seas ~ April 2000

Nordic Empress ~ May 1998

Splendour of the Seas ~ April 1997

Star Princess ~ February 1995

A big hello to Emmy and Rick from your family in Sault Ste. Marie. I wasn't able to watch sailaway as Doug and I went for dinner at his mother's house. However, I did look at my watch at 5:00 and think of you and all your fellow cruisers leaving Miami port on board the fabulous Freedom of the Seas. I even wore pink in honour of the PBS.

Just wanted to let you know that Doug's surgery scheduled for 12:15 today was cancelled. We arrived at the hospital at 10:00 and waited there until 3:00 when we were informed that his surgery was not happening today. What a waste of time!

I have enjoyed reading all the posts. It sounds like everyone is having a great time. I would also like to congratulate Chris on his big victory this afternoon! Emmy, can't wait to hear all about your Freedom experience and to see all your photos when you get home.

Say hello to Roberta, Tina, Susan and Pat.

Happy cruising to all!

Love Maddi (Emmy's sister)

Archived