No rooms Available Feb 3rd FLL?

Spurscorner

We've booked a cruise departing on February 4th and planned to go down a day early. Little did we realize the Super Bowl was the 4th.

We only found one room so far at $300 (Ocean Sky).

All the major chains are saying none available. They can't really be booked can they? The teams haven't even been decided yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Rooms have been sold out for months now. Those that are not sold out are selling for way beyond rack rate with 2-3 day minimums. They're sold out the week before and days after. Many cruisers are looking to Orlando and Ft Myers for their pre-cruise stays and renting a car for the 3-4 hour drive to the port. Good luck. Flights to MIA and FLL will be difficult to obtain as well that weekend.

///////

We've booked a cruise departing on February 4th and planned to go down a day early. Little did we realize the Super Bowl was the 4th.

We only found one room so far at $300 (Ocean Sky).

All the major chains are saying none available. They can't really be booked can they? The teams haven't even been decided yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Hi, the teams who play in the game really have no affect

on what hotels are available. The hotels who host the NFL

Big Wigs and teams are totally separate from the "regular public".

But the cities are booked 5-6 years ahead for the game and

as soon as hotels are taking reservations they book up

in a heartbeat.

In other words, the Superbowl cities from now till about 2012 are

already planned.

As for your situation with finding a reasonably priced room

for Superbowl weekend, you are going to have a problem

doing it.

You might want to look northwest....I agree with Bequia,

everything on the eastcoast for at least a 3 hour drive north

will be booked or VERY exepensive.

Good luck with your search!

a week ago, or so, in response to a similar post I checked the hampton inn, port st. lucie, at exit 121 of I-95, so much farther south than some of the other locations (I believe port everglades is exit 25 from I-95, so less than 100 miles), and found $149 rooms. Have not re-checked today, but give it a look to see what is available--a lot closer than Orlando. Good luck.

We were about to book for a Feb 4th cruise too..........if we do what about hotel inland?? How far would we have to go? Is Miami all booked up too??

Any suggestions.........we haven't tried to book a flight yet..........Dear, dear:(

We were about to book for a Feb 4th cruise too..........if we do what about hotel inland?? How far would we have to go? Is Miami all booked up too??

You would have to go all the way to the west coast and look around Napleas, Ft Myers.

Any suggestions.........we haven't tried to book a flight yet..........Dear, dear:(

Flights are going to be difficult as well.

You may be better off flying into Orlando spend the night there, rent a car and drive to the port the following day. Your best option though would be to cancel and reschedule your cruise a couple weeks earlier or later.

the superbowl is in Miami...

We are on the Star Princess January 20th because the rates were good...and are staying at the Best Western Oakland Park...

We were thankful we will be out of the area before the Superbowl rush heads in....

Good luck...

Is held at Pro-Player Stadium, formally Joe Robbie Stadium and

it is literally at the county Line between Dade and Broward Counties.

So it is not "Miami Proper" but very North Dade County...and South

Broward County.

Just an FYI for all wondering where the stadium is located;)

Last week, I was able to find a room at Best Western Sunny Isles on Travelocity for about 150 a night for Feb 2 checking out on 3rd... Travelocity shows nothing available now but You may want to try to call travelocity to see if they have anything that is not showing on the internet... also, there is a Best Western in Florida City/Homestead about 35 miles south of Miami for $127 with AAA ... good luck

I called a place in FLL and he told me to try West Palm Beach or Naples.

I did luck out and found a little B&B resort for around $200 after taxes..but now they're sold out

Be sure to try all the different resevation sites...travelocity, orbitz, expedia, hotels.com... some of the smaller places may use a certain site or sites

Last week, I was able to find a room at Best Western Sunny Isles on Travelocity for about 150 a night for Feb 2 checking out on 3rd... Travelocity shows nothing available now but You may want to try to call travelocity to see if they have anything that is not showing on the internet... also, there is a Best Western in Florida City/Homestead about 35 miles south of Miami for $127 with AAA ... good luck

The Florida City/Homestead idea is excellent.

The Florida City/Homestead idea is excellent.

It's worth a try but I'd be surprised if they weren't all pre-booked/sold out. The Hamptonn Inn and Holida Inn Express are sold out, the few mom and pop motels may have availability. Just too close to Miami to be overlooked.

My husband and I are flying into Orlando on 2/3/07 and staying the night there. We plan on renting a car and driving down to Fort Lauderdale on 2/4/07. Friends of ours did this last year and said the drive wasn't bad.

We decided that we didn't want to spend all our savings (from the cruise price) on a hotel room around Fort Lauderdale (if we could find one).

We are cruising out of Miami on Feb 3rd no rooms anywhere unless want to pay $1300. for a Motel 6 type place.:( We are coming from Seattle area so we need to come in the day before. We are flying into Tampa and staying the night,then flying into Miami in the morning. It's only a 1 hour flight and we can catch a cab and be at the pier by 11:30. Hopefully it will take some stress out of the trip. We thought about flying in to Ft. Myers but it is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive and the flights were a lot more. Debbie

There may still be some availability in "non-chain" hotels and motels. We are on the Radiance out of FLL on Feb 3rd and were able to book at Wright by the Sea in Delray Beach, which is about 45 miles north of FLL. Granted, we did this some time ago, but there are a lot of smaller places like this in the area.

Don't forget about booking rental cars too. Their availability could be limited. We booked ours at the same time we did the hotel, back in April.

Good luck!!

It is estimated that approximately 120,000 visitors will converge on the Super Bowl host city. Dolphin Stadium is anticipated to have a Super Bowl capacity of 75,000. Past host cities and the NFL estimates indicate that a minimum of 40,000 non-game ticket holders visit Super Bowl cities each year to be a part of the festivities.

The NFL holds the biggest block of Super Bowl rooms -- the Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach tourism bureaus reserved 17,000 rooms for the league as part of its bid for the 2007 game.

League officials will dole out those rooms to sponsors, media, NFL staff, team owners and other VIPs.

Most hotels have rooms to sell for the weekend (for a price) , and the NFL is expected to release a chunk of its block later this year.

Expect to pay the rack rate or more, with a minimum stay of 3 to 7 days isn't uncommon either. Best bet, look north to Orlando or west to Ft Meyers. ;)

What about condos for rent? Do any do that by the night?:confused:

Sometimes they rent with a one week minimum during the off season. During the high season the norm is by the month. You'll be hard pressed to find a daily rental in a condo, a condo hotel maybe but not during Superbowl week. :cool:

Naples is a short 1 1/2 hr. directly across to Pier in Fort Launderdale on Highway 75 (Alligator Alley). Note: there are no hotels/motels on the I-75 between Fort Launderdale and Naples.

We got caught in the same situation in Feb. 1999 and ended up in an older motel in Deerfield Beach which turned out fine (I believe it was called the Colonial Motel). Now we have a place in Naples so getting to a cruise is really easy.

Best of Luck

Archived