11 night cruise - How many dress nights?

gambler

Just got our docs for 11 nt Brilliance of Seas Panama cruise.

The docs say 2 formals and 3 smart casual nights.

The website says 2 formals and 2 smart casual nights.

On our last 11 night Grandeur we had 3 formals and 2 smart casuals.

What has been your experience? It seems they change there minds from sailing to sailing??

You will probably have 2 formal nights. The rest of the evenings, except for the 1st night, expect almost everyone to be dressed to impress! Not formal, by any means, but lookin' good! Even on casual nights, with very few exceptions, the women really took it to the next level- the men, not so much. Dockers, collared polo shirts, for the most part.

Enjoy!

I find it a good idea to get dressed every night! Otherwise people will stare or, in my case, run screaming from the room!!!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Sometimes my weird sense of humor just takes over my whole being.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise (fully dressed)!!!

The rest of the evenings, except for the 1st night, expect almost everyone to be dressed to impress! Not formal, by any means, but lookin' good!

What ship were you on as this has not been my experience as of late. On the RCI cruises that I have been on lately there are more and more people dressing down. The number of people wearings shorts or jeans to the dining room is on the rise. Except on formal nights it seems like no one really cares what they're wearing. I certainly have not seen anyone "dressed to impress".

We went on the Brilliance in January. Our documents said 2 formal nights and that is what we had. But posts here indicated that previous cruises had 3 formal nights so that is what we packed for, better to be prepared. I just wore the dress (short) for one of the smart casual nights as it seemed many other ladies did.

Bev

I did a four night on Legend of the Seas in August in Europe and the first night was VERY casual:eek: (not me as I like to make an effort). Formal night people made a real effort but the other two nights which were casual, everyone looked fabulous. Their confidence grew I think as the cruise went on. Ignore the dress code of casual.... you will not look out of place dressed to the nines on other nights either ladies!(not tuxs for men though on other nights, if you get my drift:eek: Hollyanna

Archived