Anyone ever see any celebrities on cruises?

Lorianna

meant a celeb on a cruise, but I look a lot like Gil Grissom, played by actor William Petersen on the original CSI. I had several pics taken of me by "fans" on the Carnival Glory, back when CSI was real popular, it took me a day or two to figure out why these strangers were taking pics of me. LOL:p

• 7 months later...

On a RCCL cruise to Alaska, Jim Nabors was onboard as one night's entertainment. I was jogging the next morning and was startled to hear "Gomer's" voice asking one of the attendants a question. Later that night my husband I were having a cocktail when he excused himself to use the facilities. He didn't come back, and didn't come back, and didn't come back. When he finally showed up he said he had run into Mr. Nabor's outside the men's room and they had a very pleasant conversation. My reply was 1) Did you prevent him from any necessary duties? and 2) Why didn't you invite him to have a drink with us!!!!

HGTV has this new show called Hometown Rescue or something like that. There is this guy called Billy B who is restoring homes from his small hometown in Mississippi. In the intro of the show you are told he was a Hollywood makeup artist.

Anyway, he sure looks like a Billy we meant on HAL Zuiderdam in 2010 but that Billy claimed he was attorney who lived in FL. This was a memorable fellow with his mannerisms and he talked non stop-I believe this is the same guy. They sure look alike and and act alike. Not sure why the Billy we meant said he was an attorney-unless he just likes to spin tales-UNLESS this Billy is the other Billy's long lost twin brother.

Our friend's daughter was a guest on Cupcake Wars. She was the assistant to the baker that won the game on that show. They worked together in a bakery/coffee shop and tried out for the show together.

back in the 90's i took a couple of 1 day cruises out of palm beach florida. they started at 6 a.m. and went to freeport for a few hours and got back at midnight. one of the times the entertainer was tiny tim. it was strange. i don't remember the name of the ship and it's not one of the ones i have listed.

I cannot remember names but I very seldom forget a face - hey I'm a cop :p Last month on an Arctic cruise I spot this woman I swear I've seen before. I don't want to go up to her and say "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" So I go up to her travelling companion and explain the situation and her companion, who ends up being her daughter, says "People are always mistaking her for Diane Keaton." The funny thing was that her first name was Diana - close :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

on my first cruise I happened to book on a Christian music cruise.

This was completely by accident, but ended up meeting Michael Smith, Amy Grant and a band called delirious.

Amy was the only one I had heard of (baby baby was huge in Australia in the early 90's). I ate with her husband one day for lunch who is supposed to be pretty big in e industry himself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gianni Russo, the actor that played Carlo in the Godfather was our neighbor on the star a few weeks ago!

69 years old & looked absolutely amazing!:p

Charming, flamboyant, full of stories - from the rat pack to his 12 children with 10 moms....He made the cruise double fun and exciting!

• 9 months later...
Marvin Van Peebles with family was on our Carnival cruise to the Mexican Riviera a few years ago.

That's funny, last year 2hrs before boarding my ncl cruise, I met and took a pic with his father at the morning star cafe in NYC! He looked good for his age(was 80 then)and said he jogs every morning. He had his shirt open showing his chess like he was 21 LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Oasis of the Seas a couple of years ago with James Brolin, Dean Cain and some others who were filming "mini movies" for the cruise line. We watched a lot of the filming, which was cool, one of our friends got to be in one of the scenes, etc. Dean Cain was very nice, but no one was allowed to get near James Brolin.

We were on the Oasis of the Seas a couple of years ago with James Brolin, Dean Cain and some others who were filming "mini movies" for the cruise line. We watched a lot of the filming, which was cool, one of our friends got to be in one of the scenes, etc. Dean Cain was very nice, but no one was allowed to get near James Brolin.

James Brolin is not a big name anymore, he's a hasbeen, but his wife is-I imagine that is why.

WOW that's kinda harsh

I did not mean to be harsh but how would you phrase it? His wife is Barbra Streisand a diva I would compare to a female Elvis or the Beatles.

James Brolin, well he was on Doctor Welby 30 plus years ago and on some occasional TV movies. Dean Cain is known for "Lois and Clark" from the mid 90's so he is not really famous anymore either. Both guys are the types they would choose for "Dancing with the Stars" or Lifetime TV movies. One you could talk to and the other you could not get near. If anything I would see Dean Cain as more famous, at least more recently famous, so it has to be because of whom James Brolin 's wife is.

I did not mean to be harsh but how would you phrase it? His wife is Barbra Streisand a diva I would compare to a female Elvis or the Beatles.

James Brolin, well he was on Doctor Welby 30 plus years ago and on some occasional TV movies. Dean Cain is known for "Lois and Clark" from the mid 90's so he is not really famous anymore either. Both guys are the types they would choose for "Dancing with the Stars" or Lifetime TV movies. One you could talk to and the other you could not get near. If anything I would see Dean Cain as more famous, at least more recently famous, so it has to be because of whom James Brolin 's wife is.

I would maybe phrase it like this, James Brolin: retired actor, former A list actor, popular actor in the 80's. As for the diva you are probably 100% on mark with that statement.

:p

I would maybe phrase it like this, James Brolin: retired actor, former A list actor, popular actor in the 80's. As for the diva you are probably 100% on mark with that statement.

I would add this caveat to those making statements about dead careers:

George Burns, of Vaudeville, Radio, TV , and Film, had a long hiatus in his performing career, followed by a very popular run in the "Oh, God!" film series and a rather productive return to the limelight. They're not washed up until they've been pushing up daisies for a decade, and then there are revivals.....

Some of us think quality is more important than what's currently being shoved in our faces.:p

Edited by capncarp

:p

I would add this caveat to those making statements about dead careers:

George Burns, of Vaudeville, Radio, TV , and Film, had a long hiatus in his performing career, followed by a very popular run in the "Oh, God!" film series and a rather productive return to the limelight. They're not washed up until they've been pushing up daisies for a decade, and then there are revivals.....

Some of us think quality is more important than what's currently being shoved in our faces.:p

How is a guy who was on a TV show 30 plus years ago and who has done some TV movies compare to George Burns? BTW are you saying George Burns is a hasbeen since he has been pushing up daises over 10 years?

Barbra Streisand may be retired but I still feel her hubby is a hasbeen who thinks too much of his importance if he thought he was too good to talk to fans. Dean Cain may still have a career because he does NOT take that attitude.

How is a guy who was on a TV show 30 plus years ago and who has done some TV movies compare to George Burns? BTW are you saying George Burns is a hasbeen since he has been pushing up daises over 10 years?

Barbra Streisand may be retired but I still feel her hubby is a hasbeen who thinks too much of his importance if he thought he was too good to talk to fans. Dean Cain may still have a career because he does NOT take that attitude.

Funny, I feel the same way about Streisand shes is a has been or better yet a never been in my book