Anyone ever see any celebrities on cruises?

Lorianna

• 11 months later...

We were on the Westerdam a couple of years ago, and had met up with this group of people, so we were in one of their rooms for a pre-dinner Halloween cocktail party, and I'm talking to this guy in a pirates outfit, and he looks really familiar....We end up talking about 10 minutes when it suddenly hits me that it's Barry Williams of Brady Bunch fame....:p

He was traveling with his girlfriend a large group from Orlando...so we ended up hanging out with him for the week....

You guys know Ephraim who posts here? I have never met him in person, but he was on an episode of HGTV's "Get it Sold." He owns and runs a B & B in Montreal, Quebec. He sold a smaller B & B, in order to buy a larger one.

So, I have psoted to a celebrity-LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
You guys know Ephraim who posts here? I have never met him in person, but he was on an episode of HGTV's "Get it Sold." He owns and runs a B & B in Montreal, Quebec. He sold a smaller B & B, in order to buy a larger one.

So, I have psoted to a celebrity-LOL!

Actually, it was an episode of "Buy Me". But wow... first time someone has called little ol' me a celebrity. Of course, now you have been "quoted" by a celebrity (teehee!)

In the two years since, I have received one "love" note, someone recognized me on the street and now I've been called a celebrity. Wow... how life has changed. :)

Edited by Ephraim

Actually, it was an episode of "Buy Me". But wow... first time someone has called little ol' me a celebrity. Of course, now you have been "quoted" by a celebrity (teehee!)

In the two years since, I have received one "love" note, someone recognized me on the street and now I've been called a celebrity. Wow... how life has changed. :)

Has it been 2 years since you recorded that episode? Boy, they took along time to put it on air. Has many people booked your B & B because of that episode?

You know I met the Roloffs on a cruise in October 2005 on Mariner of the seas. So I met them and I have posted to you-so two connections with reality TV.

Has it been 2 years since you recorded that episode? Boy, they took along time to put it on air. Has many people booked your B & B because of that episode?

You know I met the Roloffs on a cruise in October 2005 on Mariner of the seas. So I met them and I have posted to you-so two connections with reality TV.

Yes, it sat quite a bit in the can. We filmed from January to April of 2008.

I don't think anyone has actually booked because of that episode. I think it has aired twice in Canada and once in the US so far.

Yes, it sat quite a bit in the can. We filmed from January to April of 2008.

I don't think anyone has actually booked because of that episode. I think it has aired twice in Canada and once in the US so far.

The fact that your B & B is in Montreal, I would think that perhaps people cruising HAL Massdam may would stay at your B & B. That ship does 7 day one ways between Boston and Montreal. One week it begins in Boston, the next week it reverses and begins in Montreal.

Our next big cruise will probably be in the med. We are supposed to go with friends in 2011, but we do hope to do the Canada/ New England cruise at some point, and we like the 7 day one way itineraries, very nice ports.

The fact that your B & B is in Montreal, I would think that perhaps people cruising HAL Massdam may would stay at your B & B. That ship does 7 day one ways between Boston and Montreal. One week it begins in Boston, the next week it reverses and begins in Montreal.

Our next big cruise will probably be in the med. We are supposed to go with friends in 2011, but we do hope to do the Canada/ New England cruise at some point, and we like the 7 day one way itineraries, very nice ports.

We have had a few cruisers stay with us. Sometimes leaving from Montreal and sometimes from Quebec City with Montreal on the way.

Our new B&B is doing very well and people have to book very far in advance for many dates. (I already have limited availability for some of June/July)

I, of course, have a lot more sympathy for the crews on the ship... since I also work 7 days a week, now.

As far as the cruises, only Crystal and Holland America seem to make it to Montreal regularly. (The ships are often too tall to get under the bridge at Trois-Rivieres.)

The important part is to make sure that your cruise does at least Quebec City and some time up the Saguenay fjord and the Maritime park. The whales are fantastic to see. And for a laugh, ask everyone to say "seal" in French. (phoque)

We have had a few cruisers stay with us. Sometimes leaving from Montreal and sometimes from Quebec City with Montreal on the way.

Our new B&B is doing very well and people have to book very far in advance for many dates. (I already have limited availability for some of June/July)

I, of course, have a lot more sympathy for the crews on the ship... since I also work 7 days a week, now.

As far as the cruises, only Crystal and Holland America seem to make it to Montreal regularly. (The ships are often too tall to get under the bridge at Trois-Rivieres.)

The important part is to make sure that your cruise does at least Quebec City and some time up the Saguenay fjord and the Maritime park. The whales are fantastic to see. And for a laugh, ask everyone to say "seal" in French. (phoque)

The Maasdam goes to Quebec. I liked the Massdam itinerary better than the round trip cruises (10 day) that go to Quebec, because they only went as far as Quebec city and not to Montreal.

I do wish Princess or Celebrity went there-but now I understand why-HAL still has their older, smaller, ships-the Maasdam only holds 1200 PAX.

The Maasdam goes to Quebec. I liked the Massdam itinerary better than the round trip cruises (10 day) that go to Quebec, because they only went as far as Quebec city and not to Montreal.

I do wish Princess or Celebrity went there-but now I understand why-HAL still has their older, smaller, ships-the Maasdam only holds 1200 PAX.

Princess has done the Montreal run, with the Royal Princess. Last time was about two years ago. I don't think that Celebrity has a ship that can make it under the bridge anymore. Most of the ships that come to Montreal are container ships, which aren't built as tall. It's not the width, it's the height. And we aren't about to replace billion dollar bridges. :)

Princess has done the Montreal run, with the Royal Princess. Last time was about two years ago. I don't think that Celebrity has a ship that can make it under the bridge anymore. Most of the ships that come to Montreal are container ships, which aren't built as tall. It's not the width, it's the height. And we aren't about to replace billion dollar bridges. :)

I would love to do the Royal, Ocean, or the new Pacific Princess. I have noticed though, that these ships' cruises are much higher in price. Their cost compare more with Amazara and Oceania. Even though they are under the Princess label, I doubt these ships are anything like the other Princess ships. I am surprised Princess does not do like Celebrity, who markets their smaller ships under the Amazara label.

If I do ever get to do this itinerary-I will probably book the Massdam. At a $1000 per PAX, it is more affordable than the smaller Princess ships.

I would love to do the Royal, Ocean, or the new Pacific Princess. I have noticed though, that these ships' cruises are much higher in price. Their cost compare more with Amazara and Oceania. Even though they are under the Princess label, I doubt these ships are anything like the other Princess ships. I am surprised Princess does not do like Celebrity, who markets their smaller ships under the Amazara label.

If I do ever get to do this itinerary-I will probably book the Massdam. At a $1000 per PAX, it is more affordable than the smaller Princess ships.

Look for the last minute pricing in May... it often goes down quite under 60 day.

• 1 month later...

Kevin Costner's stunt double was on Rhapsody of the Seas Mexican Riviera out of LA 1998.

Ben Vereen (can't remember the year or cruise destination) was the entertainment the one evening and then he was later on the deck just chillin'. Took pictures with us in the Centrum area before dinner the one night. I'd post the picture, but, it was before my digital camera days.

My parents were moving to Italy and sailed on the SS Constitution with Grace Kelly and her bridesmaids and family as they sailed from New York to Monaco for her wedding.

I've seen Charo - who was entertaining on Voyager of the Seas in that ship's maiden year.

Apparently I look like someone on a soap and get approached all the time for autographs and pics by mostly old people. Maybe it's the bad eyesight... not really sure. Anyway, on our last cruise a very old lady in the showroom just could not believe that I wasn't whosherface from whatever show. At the end of the show she leaned over and whispered that she'd keep my identity secret so I could enjoy the rest of my vacation. My husband laughed all the way back to our cabin over that one.

Apparently I look like someone on a soap and get approached all the time for autographs and pics by mostly old people. Maybe it's the bad eyesight... not really sure. Anyway, on our last cruise a very old lady in the showroom just could not believe that I wasn't whosherface from whatever show. At the end of the show she leaned over and whispered that she'd keep my identity secret so I could enjoy the rest of my vacation. My husband laughed all the way back to our cabin over that one.

Please. You have no need to worry, your identity is safe with us. After all, you're among friends.;)