***Live from the Jewel 10/26***

dzboss1

Denice, you have made this weekend so much fun!!! I cannot wait 'til our b2b in December. The food sounds great and you're making it very easy for us to decide what we'll have for each dinner -- along with knowing we have to leave plenty of room for the oatmeal raisin cookies (yummy!!!)

and if your menu in Chops is the same one I just looked at -- OMG how did you decide which one not to eat?:confused:

I do have one question - what's your trick for use of internet? I'm planning on taking my laptop (due to business, unfortunately) but am curious what you're doing.

Have a great Sunday - and have a cup of coffee and a cookie for me.:D

M and M ~~~ Hi!! I feel like we are friends already!!! lol You are just going to love this ship!!! You can get the cybercabin hookups, but it is dial up and I personally think it is too slow. We have the wifi. My hubby uses his laptop alot on board for business also, and just takes it to the "hot spots" to use it. It doesn't work in the room. I have been using the conceriege club to do this most times, or I just take his laptop to the hot spots...the library, in front of the conceriege (nice sitting area that anyone can sit at) etc. So many wonderful places to go on this ship!!

I got the filet in Chops...OMG!!!!!!! Thats all I can say. Well I will throw in more thing. I got the passion fruit mousse dessert and I swear I almost blacked out from the incredible taste of it. (I took a picture of it so when I do the pictures I will show you)

Tonight we are going to Portofinos for dinner. In the dining room the menu is....

Appetizers:

Sun riped pineapple

citrus cured salmon

creamed wild mushrooms in puff pastry

cream of asparagus soup

double duck consomme

roasted peach soup

entrees:

new england bay scallops

fisherman's plate

primes rib

thai bbq chicken

Today I am doing a dance class and bingo and meeting sme people we met on board for pre dinner drinks and then Portofinos and then the Battle of the Sexes show and then the Quest and then dancing in the Vortex. So not sure I will be able to post again today..unless I can between something.

Oh I decorated my door today for Halloween. Getting into the spirit. I am really unhappy that its almost over. Ok, more than unhappy......MAD AS HELL!!! Whoever has my room on the 31st might not be happy to see me still sitting there when they arrive, but oh well!!

Hey, Denice, what's happening "girlfriend:D " - hope you're having a great day. But you must take time for a cup of coffee and a cookie;)

Glad "we're" doing Portofino's tonight -DR menu doesn't excite me very much:eek: Guess I overdid in Chops last night.:D

hope you have smoother seas on the return trip -- seems that Grandeur has hit some pretty rough waters around Miami.

Whoopee - in just 42 more days I'll be trying to stay calm and cool, mature and "acting my age" - NOT - when the whole time actually, I'll be so excited and feeling like a little kid in a candy store. Just doesn't matter how many cruises we've taken, I always get very excited. It's just driving up to the port, looking up and seeing that ship for the first time.;)

Denice...where are you...? I'm craving my daily JEWEL fix!!! Only a handful of days until I sail her, and I'm suffering from withdrawl. I need your positive and entertaining updates...

Seriously, we hope everything is going well for you, and we look forward to your next post. :)

Hello all

This is DZ's husband giving a quick report. Dz was sidelined for a while as the Jewel was playing passenger pinball due to very high seas. It has only recently become better and Dz is again venturing out of her cabin...We had 20-25 foot seas and 35-55 mph winds....The good news is that everyone seems ready for the halloween party tonight, although I can't understand why everyone is using the same green face makeup????

Hi all!! Sorry for the absence. As my hubby told you, we hit some pretty bad weather and seas...worse I’ve seen on all my cruises. They closed off last night and today the pool deck, the solarium, and all access to deck 5. Its been tough, but hey, part of cruising. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you hit this kind of stuff.

Let,s go back to last night. We went to Portofinos for dinner. The couple we got friendly with mentioned we should ask for Richard as our waiter, but we had forgot that…until our hysterical waiter approached us and began entertaining us for our entire meal….it was Richard!! He was sooooo funny and wonderful. Candice is the manager and I want her to come be my next door neighbor and best friend. She was such a sweetie. We talked so much!! WE ended up with filet again (hey, I know it is an Italian restaurant but he recommended it!!) It was soooo delicious. They make the Caesar salad to order at the table and I thought about licking the plate (ok not really but trying to make a point). It was just an amazing meal!!

The ship is all decorated for Halloween and looks awesome!! My decorated door is a hit…everyone is commenting on it…and I thought doing it might be stupid. No way!! Bingo is at 4, there is a haunted house showing at 5 and 10, farewell cocktail party at 5:15, dinner at 6, farewell show at 9, and a Halloween Monster bash at 10:30…50s and 60s music.

I just love the crew on this ship. They love to talk and we have gotten close of them. I don’t think I will find the time to post again till my return, but I will post it lengthy and with pictures then.

DENICE: Glad that you are feeling better!!!! I was wondering what had happened to you! Your enthusiasm has made this a wonderful virtual tour for those of us at home. Thank you for letting us share it with you .....now if we could only have some of the food from Portofino...

Hello all

This is DZ's husband giving a quick report. Dz was sidelined for a while as the Jewel was playing passenger pinball due to very high seas. It has only recently become better and Dz is again venturing out of her cabin...We had 20-25 foot seas and 35-55 mph winds....The good news is that everyone seems ready for the halloween party tonight, although I can't understand why everyone is using the same green face makeup????

Sure hope you're feeling better - that can be the longest roller coaster ride a human can ride -- never ending, for sure.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your trip. It has been a fun few days for sure.

Have a great time at the Halloween party and a safe trip home. Here's hoping that you have nothing but smooth seas tonight and blue skies for returning home.

For those 2 posters who asked about 9578--we usually get a JS or above--but needed to scale down for this cruise. I choose this cabin as it has a great location-especially if you are able to use the Concierge Club--just one flight up.

The central location helps at each port and if you get lost--just look for the centrium.

The first day or so--people can't seem to figure out the elevators--go for the stairs!!! Yes--you can hear music from the Centrium in the cabin--but unless you go to bed at 10 PM--it is not an issue. Besides-it is usually "Strings". I never recall hearing people talking or doors slamming.

The balcony is a bit tri-angular in shape--it has 2 chairs and a table. Good view.

Bathroom is a shower capsule--not the curtain. Storage in there behind one mirror. Decent closet space. A full size couch, table.

HI all!! I just walked in the house, and you all know all that I have to do....unpack (9 suitcases!!!), laundry. supermarket, catch up on emails, download the pictures (I have about 400), etc. I will be posting later today. Can't wait to share it all with you...the Jewel is awesome!!! Talk to all later this afternoon!!

Oh I can add now since I am sure that the people leaving on the 31st are at the pier, or heading there, the return trip was really bad. I knew when I heard about the storm back home that we were in trouble. Ok, more later.

Ok, I am doing this kind of backwards. I only loaded one disc from my digital and decided to just send some of the pictures as I am doing it. I will send more later and more in the way of comments, but at least you are seeing some of the pictures now. The size of them is giving me a problem, so it is slow going.

Denice...

OH MY GOODNESS!!

Love your door... love, love those elevators... and that dessert at Portofino's... YUM-O!!! I swear I can taste it already. Only more 12 days to go!

I can't believe you are posting pics already, but thank you so much for doing so! :) I'm lovin' it!!

Stitches ~~~ Oh I am so glad you are enjoying them!! I will have lots more later. I was ignoring (maybe on purpose??!!) the things I really need to get done in the house to get a few up. I will have lots more later after I get more organized and get back from the supermarket. But glad you are getting excted, because you should be. What a treat you are in for!!!!

Archived