***Live from the Jewel 10/26***

dzboss1

I just wanted to give everybody a warning. I posted a link to this wonderful thread on my Roll Call for the Jewel. A few people have reported getting a virus when they pulled up the link to the pictures.

I just wanted to give everybody a warning. I posted a link to this wonderful thread on my Roll Call for the Jewel. A few people have reported getting a virus when they pulled up the link to the pictures.

Wrona, I hope to upload my pics to Webshots over the weekend if that helps :)

###

OH no!! I can't imagine why...its just a CC link and the pictures are just from photobucket.. Hmmmmmmm. Hope that was just a freak thing.

The shower is round with a door--not a curtain. There were complaints that the curtain stuck to your legs. This is like a capsule--self contained showering capsule!!!

Also didn't really notice that the music was aprobelm. We went to bed early--it was a cold New England Cruiise. Itis soft background style music--not disco.

Hello All!

It was great to meet a lot of you in the Schooner Bar the first day on the ship. Nice to put peoples faces with their screen names.

dz: thanks for the great pictures of the ship. You had quite a few that I didn't take myself. I saved them to our vacation file. I printed 224 pictures from the trip today and need to get them in a Jewell of the Seas photo album! The ship was elegant with all the beautiful woodwork and we really enjoyed her. I do agree with you on missing the Promanade on the Explorer class ships. That just gives us more options for future cruises! If you have a chance, could you e-mail the group picture you mentioned from our "meet & greet" in the Schooner bar to us?

I’m excited to report that the first night at sea I hit a Royal Flush on the progressive video poker machine and hit the jackpot for $1,500! Too much fun! We were amazed at the beautiful beaches on Bermuda and loved Fort Hamilton with its tropical garden moat. We even learned a new drink from Bermuda – a Dark N Stormy. It’s Ginger beer and dark rum. Reminds me of cream soda. Delicious! I haven’t been able to find Ginger beer here in Ohio yet, but we’re still looking. The rough seas didn’t slow us down too much thank heavens, we thought it was really impressive on how the pool tables were engineered to moved up, down and sideways with the waves. The balls stayed in their exact location on the table! We even video taped the pool tables. Lol! I was lucky enough to have the Solarium pool & hot tub all to myself for about a half hour the one night! I got to enjoy thermal suite (spa steam room, sauna, aromatherapy room, heated reclined beds, tropical showers etc.) on our second day at sea. I had an all day pass for only $15! When we got off the ship, we stopped at Fenille Park (spelling?) in Boston and walked some of the Freedom Trail. Coming from a little town in Ohio, we felt miniature in Boston and just loved walking around the city! Take care all – it was an amazing 5 day trip – now it’s time to start planning next years cruise!

Kathy & Ron (wahoo)

Ohio

Kathy ~~~ Oh I am so glad to hear from you and was so happy to meet you! How exciting to hit that Royal Flush!!! Sounds like you had a great time! Happy to hear the rough seas didn't sideline you. I lost 2 nights on the ship unfortunately due to that. If you tell me your email addy I will send you the pictures.

Archived