Can you upgrade at port from 2 cabins to one?

kpgclark

I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade at the port if you have two interior cabins (they adjoin and we four all need to be together) to one of another type such as a balcony room? Can you go from 2 cabins to 1 like that?

I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade at the port if you have two interior cabins (they adjoin and we four all need to be together) to one of another type such as a balcony room? Can you go from 2 cabins to 1 like that?

If Royal Caribbean is making More $$$$ out of the deal, they are all for it!

Jimbo:)

Even a regular balcony room is going to be really tight with 4 in one room--unless you move up to a JS or larger. (I think even the JS would be tight!!) You're better off with separate space--2 baths, and then there's the privacy issue....

CB's correct - it can be (and has been) done in a regular oceanview or balcony but it'll be *really*tight if the 3rd & 4th are teenagers or older.

The really big rooms (Royal Family Suite & Family Oceanview) would be great but from what I've heard, you need a minimum of 5 people on most sailings to get one of those. (My brother had the Royal Family Suite on Jewel last March - basically a very large 2br suite. They had 6: 2 adults, a 17 y.o., a 14 y.o. and two 8 year olds in there with no problem.)

You might want to stick with the original plan for this Thanksgiving and have a look at the rooms when on board for your next cruise (unless you can upgrade to a family suite). As an alternative, have a look for photographs of upper berths and that'll give you a better idea.

M

Archived