Crown and Anchor Stuff (merged)

sakegato

questions for you guys-

1. i got 99 off my balcony for next yr mariner oct 07 for booking last june- special early booking offer- now a crown and anchor coupon came in the mail for that sailing under gold status......we just became platinum- can i use the c and a coupon that came in the mail and can i get platinum amt off? we just returned this past sun. from 5th cruise......

2. - we are on a cruise in 19 days- can i call to get the platinum balcony discount now or do i wait a week or so til our last cruise gets put into the system? does my ta have to make this call or can i do it....

thanks for any input

the coupon amts are different for each level ( gold, platinum, diamond......)

are the coupon books different amts that we get in cabin upon boarding also? anyone know what the platinum cabin value coupon booklets are like- same items better discounts or about the same.....

thanks again

That answers my question because I am gold until after my cruise in Dec then I will be Platinum...so I have to look forward of higher coupon amounts thats great to know...

Thanks for letting me know that...

questions for you guys-

1. i got 99 off my balcony for next yr mariner oct 07 for booking last june- special early booking offer- now a crown and anchor coupon came in the mail for that sailing under gold status......we just became platinum- can i use the c and a coupon that came in the mail and can i get platinum amt off? we just returned this past sun. from 5th cruise......

2. - we are on a cruise in 19 days- can i call to get the platinum balcony discount now or do i wait a week or so til our last cruise gets put into the system? does my ta have to make this call or can i do it....

thanks for any input

the coupon amts are different for each level ( gold, platinum, diamond......)

are the coupon books different amts that we get in cabin upon boarding also? anyone know what the platinum cabin value coupon booklets are like- same items better discounts or about the same.....thanks again

Being that you are cruising so soon after the one that made you Platinum, have your TA call RCCL and see if they can speed up the process of getting you in their system so you can get the higher discount. It can take 90 days. I was told that 3 times, from 3 different RCCL people, when I called and emailed to ask where my cruise credits are from my September B2B's.

It has already been 30 days since we cruised and no upgrade yet.

Coupon books are a slightly higher value, but about the same coupon items.

August 2007; both.

There are no Monarch coupons listed at all.

What membership level are you. Gold, Platinum or Diamond?

My coupons are for Platinum member so these discounts are higher than Gold members. I believe my codes are different also.

August 31, 2007 there is a 9 - night New England Cruise.

$75 USD/inside

$150.00 USD/outside & above

What's the last day for using the latest mailed coupons to book? Isn't this crazy to have 2 different sets of discounts & put us all thru this nonsense? What we won't do to save us & our CC buddies a mere $150-250! LOL. It's only been a month since I requested my mailings. :(

What's the last day for using the latest mailed coupons to book? Isn't this crazy to have 2 different sets of discounts & put us all thru this nonsense? What we won't do to save us & our CC buddies a mere $150-250! LOL. It's only been a month since I requested my mailings. :(

I agree. The mailed are so much better than the website.

When I requested the mailed ones, I did not receive them until the next mailing of coupons. I don't know how long it takes now. :confused:

Now that it's a new month, I checked for new coupons on the C&A section of the RCI web site. I see that they have a coupon for a cruise I have already booked. I would like to use the coupon, but I believe it is for new bookings only. Since the price has gone up more than the coupon value since I booked, I wouldn't want to cancel and re-book. Any advice on how to use the coupon with the best chance of it getting applied?

Thanks!

I booked my cruise thru a TA, and I forwarded my coupon to them and they did all the work getting RCCL to honor my coupon. I saved $50 and then my cruise has done nothing but climb. It is now $160 more pp that I paid without the C&A coupon :) !

Good Luck & Happy Sails:p

Now that it's a new month, I checked for new coupons on the C&A section of the RCI web site. I see that they have a coupon for a cruise I have already booked. I would like to use the coupon, but I believe it is for new bookings only. Since the price has gone up more than the coupon value since I booked, I wouldn't want to cancel and re-book. Any advice on how to use the coupon with the best chance of it getting applied?

Thanks!

I just tried to do this for a cruise I have booked for the spring. RCI absolutely would not apply the coupon. Since the price has risen $150 per person since I originally booked, cancelling and rebooking would cost me more than the coupon is worth, so I just have to be satisfied with what I got.

Now don't give up if you've had a discount and have a coupon after you have booked the cruise...because my cruise in Sept. o7 I had recieved the $99 off for early booking...and then a coupon came out in the mail for the cruise for $125. for balcony or higher and I did get the discount also for the coupon...now it took me to fax the coupon and after 2 weeks I then email crown and anchor and asking what was taking so long...and with in a day was taken off...so good luck to anyone else.....

I would also agree I am glad we've got online for my crown and anchor and my dh is mail coupons because they are different coupons...

I am now in the same situation as you. Do you suggest I just go ahead and fax in the coupon, and then follow up if it doesn't get applied? Do you also list your booking number? I have three numbers for three cabins, and would like the coupon applied to all three.

Thanks!

We are Diamond and are booked on the Serenade next Oct for 14 days. I have faxed my coupon that was on the internet twice and it has not been applied. I am going to e-mail Crown and Anchor. I have never had a problem with RCCL crediting my coupons right away--we always book direct with RCCL. It has always been that if you book by the last day on the coupon you would be credited. If they are going to change the policy they are going to have alot of unhappy customers--

I am now in the same situation as you. Do you suggest I just go ahead and fax in the coupon, and then follow up if it doesn't get applied? Do you also list your booking number? I have three numbers for three cabins, and would like the coupon applied to all three.

Thanks!

You can try, but I don't think they will do it for you. The internet coupons come to individuals now, not 1 per couple anymore. Mom and her friend are joining us on their first cruise in May. I don't know how it will work onboard. DH and I split the cabins, with each of us paired with new cruiser, then we had to cancel & rebook into the same cabins to satisfy the booking date requirements, at that point we were eligible to use 2 of the internet coupons, one in his name, 1 in mine, we also were able to apply the diamond balcony discount to each cabin.

It was a lot of work, and if the cabin price has gone up....it won't work at all. C&A is receiving a lot of complaints about the new booking restrictions, but unless we take our business elsewhere, I don't think it will matter. We are also receiving the mailers now, they are slightly better.....mailed has both our names on it. :)

Patti: Are you saying you get the mailed & net coupons? DH gets the net & I called to have my name on mailing list over a mo. ago because of hints here. I've read it's one or the other, not both in one name. I've understood coupons were "per cabin" & yet you used your 2 for one cabin? What a confusing mess this has turned into! Too bad the CSRs aren't even consistant. :(

Yes, I had heard it was one or the other, too. Either mailed or internet. I signed Bill up for mailed, and I thought I would keep internet, but it has worked out that we still have access to both. First mailing had Bill's name. The most recent mailed coupons have BOTH of our names on it, and we still have access online. I don't know what the story is.:confused:

Not 2 coupons for 1 cabin. 2 coupons for 2 cabins. The coupons were declined twice because of the new restrictions. They weren't going to let us use the coupon at all, because we booked in July, and the internet coupon was for Sept bookings. I said, FINE, no price change...cancel & rebook us into the same cabins. Bill has C&A internet account, I have C&A internet account. I rebooked myself and Mom into one cabin, and Bill & Mom's friend into the other cabin, so each cabin would be eligible for a coupon discount of $150. + the balcony discount. We have never traveled with "family" before LOL. :D If mom & friend don't get passports, I told her she is not going on this trip either!:)

Am a gold member (only 1 cruise), and I never get any mail from C&A at all. On the website, I can log on using my C&A number, but when I click on the links for coupons, forums, etc...I get a message that the page is no longer available. We were looking at Mariner for 10/14/07. Have two kids who have never cruised & want to do DisneyWorld again. Husband & I know they would have a blast on a cruise.

Archived