Freedom - has anyone had a room under the cantilevered whirlpools?

masonpips

We booked for Liberty and noticed that our room (GS 1560) looks to be directly under the whirlpool. I don't want the feeling of something blocking the light/hanging over us. Has anyone stayed in one of these and can offer an opinion?

There are a few GS further forward available and we're waitlisted for a more mid-ship location (our favorite) so I might move us up for now and hope for a mid-ship cabin as well.

Also, I pulled this photo from Webshots - is the balcony on these staterooms NOT glass? It looks yellow/opaque in the picture. Thanks!

2697407810050360393yKUKYk_th.jpg

Larger shot here:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2608295780050360393InfFmw

Since the tubs are cantilevered, it stands to reason that there will be an overhang above you! I would be wondering about water overflowing the tubs and "raining down" just outside my balcony!!!!

There's no way water can 'rain down' outside the balcony! There is a grated area for excess water to drain into, first of all. And then there are windows that are encasing the entire whirlpool. :rolleyes:

I was just forward of that room in 1544. The jacuzzi does stick out about 12 feet, so you will have an overhang above you.

As far as the balconies, the glass is slightly tinted. It has a green look from the outside, but just a slight tint from inside. The balconies are the best I've seen on RCI yet.

As far as water dripping down, it's not possible. The jacuzzi is completely encased.

Check out my photos below. I took some pics of the jacuzzi from my balcony.

Thanks so much for the pictures. It looks like the balconies are a little bowed out which results in some extra space but I really think I'd rather be forward a bit like you were rather than directly under it.

It does look like 1560 is only 4 rooms back from your 1544 and based on what partitions I can count in your photo, we might still be in front of it. I'll keep a watch as cabins come up - thanks again!

I was on deck 8 below the cantilevered whirlpool on FOS. The balcony is larger due to the fact that it is bowed out. The glass is yellowish and mirrored on the bottom railing. I would have preferred clear but loved the size of the balcony.

Hi,

We were just on the freedom and we were right below the hot tubs. The hot tubs didn't block any light. As a matter of fact you would never know they were there if you didn't look up. We never had a problem with water "raining" down on us. Our balcony did bow out a bit just like the hot tubs so we were able to see both sides of the ship. The plexiglass is kind of weird. The outside as a yellow look to it but when you are on the balcony you can see thru the plexiglass and it just looks tinted. As it got dark the plexiglass acted as a bit of a mirror if you had the lights on in the cabin. All in all our room was great and I would book this room again.

Happy Sailing!

Archived