Movie Theatre On Board ?

Does it make sense to anyone that they have a movie theatre on board and only show the daily movie twice a day. On recent Nav. cruise they showed the movie at 10:00 and 4:00. Granted we don't cruise to go to the movies, but it seems since they have the room, they should/could just run movies 4 - 5 x/day for people who want to go but 10:00 and 4:00 isn't a good time due to excursions, etc. Perhaps if they sold popcorn and could make a few bucks they'd show more flicks.

Last year on the Navigator we left the pool area to go to the movie theater. Needless to say after about 5 mins in that dark room I couldn't take it any more. They really need to have something there to keep you there--popcorn might work for me!! I probably won't go back. I haven't been on Princess but I like the idea of watching movies outside under the stars!

Third deck - forward -- gotta really search for it though - it's not very big.

They held a meeting there for the loyalty ambassador to show upcoming cruises and new ships and new ports they are sailing to on the first sea day. Then they showed a movie twice a day on other days.

I only went there once while DW was getting a spa treatment.

They held a meeting there for the loyalty ambassador to show upcoming cruises and new ships and new ports they are sailing to on the first sea day. Then they showed a movie twice a day on other days.

when DH and I were on HAL last thanksgiving we went to the movies 3 times. They were showing movies that we had not had the chance to see at home and now we could see for free (war of the worlds, crash and batman begins) plus they had a popcorn machine outside the theatre giving free popcorn as you enter. It was really nice. Don't see why RCI can't do that?:confused:

It only took 2 hours out of our day. Still had plenty of time for many other things to do. We just like being together, wherever doing whatever:p

Does anyone know if Brilliance has a Theater?

And I also would love the popcorn!! yum, yum,

I never could understand how come they don't have Nachos, and popcorn around on cruises???

That sounds so good sometimes instead of all that sweet stuff.....:confused:

Don't go to the movies at home--why in the world would I go on a cruise????

we'd like to go to the movies more often at home, don't usually get to do because of busy schedules, so a relaxing cruise can be a perfect chance to do so, particularly on a day at sea. The disney ships have a better theater IMHO, and the movies include mature flicks as well as family fare(I saw the Royal Tenanbaums and one of M. Night Shymalan's (sp?) films on board DCL). So I can't answer why on earth you would or would not go see a movie, butI've never been alone in a theater, on either DCL or RCI, so some of us do take the opportunity to relax with a movie during a cruise.

Does it make sense to anyone that they have a movie theatre on board and only show the daily movie twice a day. On recent Nav. cruise they showed the movie at 10:00 and 4:00. Granted we don't cruise to go to the movies, but it seems since they have the room, they should/could just run movies 4 - 5 x/day for people who want to go but 10:00 and 4:00 isn't a good time due to excursions, etc. Perhaps if they sold popcorn and could make a few bucks they'd show more flicks.

That sounds like an improvement to me. On some of the ships that I have been on they would show the movies in the evening during dinner or the show.

The idea of a movie as an entertainment choice in the evenings sounds great! Not everyone enjoys dancing/bar scene and with a 3 year old at home and the hassle and expense of a babysitter, setting it up well ahead of time, etc etc; a movie or two on vacation is a nice treat for us!

Archived