Inside cabin

Meltiphil

Okay you cruisers, this is my first cruise as many of you already know. I'm wanting to know how good/bad is a cabin on the 3rd deck or whatever they call it. We will be on Vision of the Seas in June of 07. They tell me this is an larger inside cabin, so tell me what it is like. Can you hear the water splashing on the ship at night or not? Can you hear your neighbors at night, or what is going on elsewhere on the ship can you hear it while in your room? :rolleyes: Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but just needing to know what to expect. Thanks, Meltiphil

No you do not hear water splashing. It is also unlikely you will ehar much form your neighbors...certainly when they pass your door or when they close their door. Expect to be suprised by the darkness...maybe some light will "leak" in around the hall door but nice a dark otherwise (day or night).

You've not been on a cruise before? Be ready to expect a small space. Many first cruisers expect a hotel-like room but they are much smaller. Expect about 9 feet by 17 feet including the bathroom (a whopping 3 by 4 or so). There are shelves and cabinets arranged to make teh most of limited space.

You cabin is likely to be very quiet.

3rd deck is good...you are one or two below the main activities deck but several below the pool and sun decks. Not bad.

Keep your mind open on having a good time.

An inside cabin is like a walk-in closet with furniture in it. They are VERY small. Don't expect for both of you to be able to walk around at the same time! As for noise, there shouldn't be any. The staterooms are very well insulated--you won't be disturbed by much of anything!

We won't sail in anything smaller than a JS. It's closer to the size of a regular hotel room. When I'm on vacation, I truly want to be comfortable! If you don't mind the closeness of the room, you'll be fine!

Don't worry... inside cabins are wonderful (they beat the heck out of being at work). Just make sure your cabin isn't too near something that might make a bit of extra noise.

As mentioned, prepare for a smaller room (more like a small guest room than a broom closet) and plan on spending as much time on deck as possible.

I've had an inside cabin on the Vision and had no complaints. Enjoy yourself.

Okay you cruisers, this is my first cruise as many of you already know. I'm wanting to know how good/bad is a cabin on the 3rd deck or whatever they call it. We will be on Vision of the Seas in June of 07. They tell me this is an larger inside cabin, so tell me what it is like. Can you hear the water splashing on the ship at night or not? Can you hear your neighbors at night, or what is going on elsewhere on the ship can you hear it while in your room? :rolleyes: Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but just needing to know what to expect. Thanks, Meltiphil
I was on the Vision 2 years ago inside deck 2 #2457, it was so quiet it was great. the cabin is small, but we found the layout good for two people. The Vision is a great ship.

I don't think insides are that small. They just seem like it because there's no window. If the beds are twin (against the walls), then you have more room to move around, because there's a space the width of the two side-by-side nightstands in between. A little hiccup with a loveseat, little round coffee table, vanity/desk with mirrors, and the hallway with the closet on one side, and teeny bathroom on the other side at the entrance to the hallway.

We keep the light on in the bathroom all night for the nightlight effect.

To keep most hallway noise out, open the closet doors. They make a decent barrier, and cut most sound from the hallway.

Use the wake-up call on the telephone; you'll sleep forever in the dark!

Have a great time, too!

I loved the Vision, and we had and inside on her, too.

We book insides. I like the price and would rather cruise more often. Personal decision. I like how great I really sleep in an inside. DH says the same. The darkness with a slight bit of rocking is better than any sleeping pill.

The cabins are small, but comfortably laid out. They've made the most with the size in terms of storage. There's a little loveseat which is nice to have and a vanity with storage. As long as you don't expect a hotel size room you won't be disappointed. You should feel less movement the further down in the ship you are.

I don't think insides are that small. They just seem like it because there's no window. If the beds are twin (against the walls), then you have more room to move around, because there's a space the width of the two side-by-side nightstands in between. A little hiccup with a loveseat, little round coffee table, vanity/desk with mirrors, and the hallway with the closet on one side, and teeny bathroom on the other side at the entrance to the hallway.

We keep the light on in the bathroom all night for the nightlight effect.

To keep most hallway noise out, open the closet doors. They make a decent barrier, and cut most sound from the hallway.

Use the wake-up call on the telephone; you'll sleep forever in the dark!

Have a great time, too!

I loved the Vision, and we had and inside on her, too.

Thanks for sharing the idea about keeping the closet door open to cut down on the hall noise! Wish I had known about that earlier. Definately will try this out on our next cruise.

My first cruise wasn't until 1993 on a small 750 passenger ship cruising the Mediterannean. I still think back to it as the best cruise I've ever been on. We had an inside cabin. That room was like a little cocoon to us and we loved returning there every day. Wherever you are on the ship, it will become your home. Enjoy your first cruise. May it be the first of many! :)

We love the inside rooms - Elvis rooms to us - because they are so dark. Great for an afternoon nap if you can squeeze one in. You sleep, shower and change clothes in your room and then back up on deck for all the great views.

We take small flashlights to keep beside the bed for getting up during the night and to have available should the power fail, which happened briefly our first night on Voyager.

Look for lots of hidden space in cabinets, drawers, behind mirrors. Suitcases that collapse will slide under your beds. Take time to unpack and organize as soon as you can and keep things tidy to help you know where things are when you are in for a quick shower and change of clothes.

If you look at the square footage - inside rms are ususally about the same size as outside rms with a view and those with a balcony until you move up to a suite. Noise has not been a problem.

Just think of all the money you will save by going inside! You'll be half way to your next cruise before you know it.

Attitude makes all the difference!

I've always had inside rooms and never cared to stray until recently (just booked my first balcony), and I only am straying out of sheer curiosity!! Insides are fine in my opinion. They're nice and dark and sometimes when you wake up you momentarily freak out thinking that you might have slept through breakfast, lunch, and dinner....:eek: . We booked an inside on the Vision but were upgraded to an outside (same size room though) and it was fine for 3 females, believe it or not!! It was my friends first cruise and she liked it and thought the size was fine, but grew irritated w/the window because she could never sleep. (we stayed out late, er, early the next morning a few times.) and said she would prefer an inside in the future. So ya never know! Go w/the inside and you'll be fine, and if you decide that you'd like to venture into the other categories you could check them out in the future too, but the difference in cost of insides vs balconies is pretty big and sometimes it's tempting to book two cruises on an inside rather than a balcony....

Just my random thoughts!

Laura

We're just off the Mariner in an Interior room and took a CC member's idea to turn the TV to the RCI channel that has the outside camera on the front of the ship. When you wake up the next morning, you can see what the weather's like outside. Worked out pretty good for us.

We just got off the Vision a couple of weeks ago. While some in our party had JS's, others had an inside. We had drinks with one couple in their inside cabin. It was actually quite nice. While not terribly roomy, it certainly wasn't awful. More cozy, really, with the space nicely laid out. This couple hadn't had anything but a balcony previously, but an inside was all they could get when they decided at the last minute to join us on the cruise. They actually enjoyed the inside cabin and said they'd definitely book an inside again, as opposed to simply missing out on taking a cruise!

I love a balcony but I also don't mind an inside. We bring a digital alarm clock and usually set the numbers on bright. The illumination from the clock is enough of a night light for us. I like to know what time it is when I wake up and this helps. I can tell you I probably slept the best in an inside state room just because it is so quiet. We probably did go out onto the pool decks more but hey that is ok too!

Been on two cruises...had inside cabins on both. The price is great...you can save major $$$ on an inside and spend that saved money on other things! Well worth it.

As stated...it is totally dark in the inside..which is fine with me, since I have room darking shades at home and my DH calls me a 'vampire' since I hate to sleep with any type of light filtering in the room. If you need some sort of light to see by to get to the bathroom at night..as suggested, bring a nightlight.

I would like to have a balcony cabin one day...ONLY because I think it would be lovely to sit outside and have breakfast/cocktails. But then again..I don't think I would sleep as well as having an inside cabin. I have problems with sleeping in hotel rooms cause of the light that filters through the curtains. So I guess I will just stick to an inside cabin and have that extra money for other fun things!

:) Happy Cruising!:)

Archived