Empress OTS Balcony ???

Coralc

I am a little confused by Empress OTS balconies and pricing. For some reason I was under the impression that Empress only has balconies in the JS and higher categories. Is that correct? I see on the website that D1 (balcony) and JS have the exact same description of 214 sq. ft. cabin and 48 sq.ft. balcony??? Also the photos seem to be inverted...D1 shows a balcony cabin and Deluxe/Suite shows an oceanview. ?? So I am confused. Can anyone who has sailed on Empress confirm that both the D-1's and JS are balconies? Or just the JS? Thanks.:D

Junior Suites and any suite above that level (Owner's Suite, etc) have balconies. The largest oceanview rooms (window, no balcony) are superior oceanviews--there are only a few of those and personally, I don't think it is worth all the extra money just for a few extra feet of space (compared to a regular ocean view).

Thanks. I know the Junior Suites have balconies......but what is the situation with the D1's, do they also have balconies??? The online description is identical to a Junior Suite. Or maybe I don't understand your reply?

D1 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Deck(s): Deck Seven

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, and a private bathroom. (214 sq. ft., balcony 46 sq. ft.)

Standard Rate 1st or 2nd Guest Stateroom Total

*$2,099.00 USD *$4,198.00 USD

Junior Suite

Deck(s): Deck Nine

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, and a private bathroom. Junior Suites located on Deck 9 (except Room #9684) include a sitting area. (214 sq. ft., balcony 46 sq. ft.)

Standard Rate 1st or 2nd Guest Stateroom Total

*$2,199.00 USD *$4,398.00 USD

Yes those D1's have balconies. What happened is they reclassified those cabins on the aft. They all used to be Category JS but I think people complained because those cabins on the aft are much smaller then those Category JS on deck 9, thus they changed the Category in those cabins and lowered the price of them.

Cabins in general are smaller on that ship because it's an older ship, If I was you and you wanted a JS cabin I would stick with one of the JS's on deck 9 midship and pass on any of the Category D1's on the aft.

You have to remember this ship is smaller and if you have rough seas it can be rocky back there.

Jimbo:)

Archived