No Complaint Thread

refman

22 years ago, I hired a young couple from Mexico, who became citizens, bought a house, started a business of their own and put their child through collage. This spring I was able to help them with a cruise to Mexico,(10-29-06 NCL Star). This is their first trip, they had never been on a vacation or stayed in a hotel. They called me Sunday as the ship was leaving L.A. and where already have the time of their life. I think they are a true example of the American dream.

We leave on our first RCI cruise one month from tomorrow! We have had ocean view rooms on all cruises except on the Norwegian Sun last Dec. we had a balcony. Got a great deal on upcoming RCI Rhapsody cruise & have a balcony again for what about what we usually pay for an ocean view! We've been on 5 Carnival and Norwegian cruises & had a great time on all of them. We'd go on all of the ships again in a heartbeat. Cruising is the best!!

Love this thread, too.

We've been on the Dawn 3 times and booked for Sept. '07 11 night CA/NE .. just love the Dawn.

Came back from the PoAm Oct. 14 and although she's not the Dawn, we absolutely loved the cruise, ship, itinerary, service ... and of course Hawaii.

I was on the Crown on the 15th brought 2 bottles of wine on carry on was caught at the X-Ray and reported to the higher up. Made the form to charge our room $15 each :( and got the sticker on the bottles. When we got our final bill this was never charged, thank you NCL Crown.:D

it appears that there is an unusually high number of threads tonite with a lot of negative tone in them, complaints about everything or it could be me so this thread is for positive feedback only, no complaining at all. if it`s not nice then please don`t reply, thanks.

We have totally enjoyed our cruises on the Sunward II, the Norway, the Crown, the Spirit, and we are looking forward to the Pearl in 2007. I think I forgot somebody.

For us, there is no such thing as a bad cruise; some are better than others. The most important thing is to roll with the punches. We leave in a few weeks for our first HAL cruise (not our first, but it has been so many years it seems like the firs) we are going to have a blast. Of course things have changed, but one person's bad experience may be just a bump in the road for everyone else. Life is too short to worry about the food not being quite as good as you had hoped, or you cabin wasn't cleaned ti noon, etc.

My biggest complaint right now is, I don't know when I will get to do another NCL cruise. I hope within the next 6 months. Oh, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!NMnita

Geez. What has the world come to.

I THOUGHT I logged on to Cruise Critic.

Critic: One who criticizes!

All I see is this namby-pampy mushy-wushy the-sky-isn't-falling no-complaints lovey-dovey stuff!

Is there a supplementary charge for the balanced opinion section??

I also think that someone who posted earlier had fewer than 10,000 posts. Must be a newbie troll.

By the time they get to 10,000 posts, I'm SURE they'll find SOMETHING to complain about!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Especially for Derf: I especially like the last one.... http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:critic&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Oh yeah....in order to have a Post Scriptum, I guess I need a scriptum. Here's one...better late than never:

Stephen

HEY this is suppose to be a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Thread! No complaining! Oh sorry was this a complaint? Newbie-yes Troll? Thats ugly!!!

Well I am happy happy happy with my cruising life right now. Took our honeymoon cruise out of New Orleans on the Sun a few weeks ago and had a fantastic time. As soon as we got back, got an unbelievable deal on an RSSC cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Their boat is all-suite, all-balcony (which was my favorite thing about our Sun cruise). What can I say? I'm now addicted to cruising! :D

SHHHH!!!! We can't talk about trolls, we'll get in trouble!!! (But what do I know... I'm still a newbie troll ;))

What positive to say... suffering from cruise withdraw... oh! I signed up for a scuba diving course, so on my next cruise I get to scuba wherever I go!

Alaska?????:D :D :D

Only 170 days until our next cruise with a new knee to boot. Oh happy days will be here next week, no pain in knee. There are no complaints from this cruiser.

13 days until I leave for Hawaii. 16 days until I board Norwegian Wind. I don't care if the ship is smaller, there are lines for restaurants, mediocre food, if it's raining or windy or anything else. I don't have to cook. I don't have to clean. I don't have to go to work. It will be at least 50 degrees warmer than home. I'll have a drink in my hand and a smile on my face! :p

Alaska?????:D :D :D

Only 170 days until our next cruise with a new knee to boot. Oh happy days will be here next week, no pain in knee. There are no complaints from this cruiser.

You have 3 knees now? COOL. Can you walk faster? ;)

I've never been on NCL...

Will be in 12 days

I have to work....to earn those cruises.....

Won't be working in 12 days

I have to prepare: go shopping; take down suit cases; pick out my outfits; pick out jewlery to match outfits; put clothes in hanging bag, etc., etc.....

Drive to dock and give those bags to the porter

Figure out which is the left/right/front/back of the ship and in relationship to that; where is my cabin?

Life is for living; enjoying the vistas and open seas of a cruise ship. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing.....other than spending time with my grandchildren! :p

Geez. What has the world come to.

I THOUGHT I logged on to Cruise Critic.

Critic: One who criticizes!

All I see is this namby-pampy mushy-wushy the-sky-isn't-falling no-complaints lovey-dovey stuff!

Is there a supplementary charge for the balanced opinion section??

I also think that someone who posted earlier had fewer than 10,000 posts. Must be a newbie troll.

By the time they get to 10,000 posts, I'm SURE they'll find SOMETHING to complain about!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Especially for Derf: I especially like the last one.... http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:critic&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Oh yeah....in order to have a Post Scriptum, I guess I need a scriptum. Here's one...better late than never:

Stephen

yeah, how about positive criticism on cruise critic, i knew there would be atleast one to spoil a good effort

Thanks for starting this thread. I was reading the posts last night too and feel very much as you did. This was a good step in reminding people to look at the good and maybe, just maybe, be grateful for all the blessings we do have. Sometimes the real issue is how one observes (the old "is it half empty or is it HALF FULL?")

Have a good evening and thank you again!

Ciao,

W A W W

Archived