Mariner Shower Only

Corvette

Last time we were on the Mariner it was a combo.

Nothing wrong with it. Just had to step in.

If they have changed some of the cabins to just showers will make us happy.

Now on the Voyager we had seperate bath and shower. That was nice except I wish the shower was just a little bigger. Not bad but slightly larger would have been more comfortable. (huge compared to the shower we had on Norwegian Dream). Now that was tiny!!

I gotta tell you....you made my dreams come true!!! We had a penthouse, shower only for our upcoming March cruise, and reading the posts yesterday I decided to crawl around the Regent site and lo and behold, there was a couple of Horizons with shower only. Yep. We're in a Horizon with shower only!!!! How good is this going to be!!!!!!! Tubs are fine, but my short, stubby legs have trouble getting in and out!!!!!!

Thanks!

Esther

I'm a tub person and was disappointed that we had a Category C with shower only on our South America trip.....BUT I quickly grew to LOVE it! It's oversized with the bench, large shower head with great water pressure. I would get another shower only in a heartbeat! Now, If they would just get rid of the mirror when you walk in...scary!

We stayed in a shower only cabin on Mariner and were quite pleased. The shower was large and fairly new. It was tiled with marble or some other "high end" stone. Although I enjoy a bath now and then, I didn't miss a tub at all. If our shower was switched out for a tub/shower combo, I suspect that the former bathtub was not all that big.

Honeymooner2006 has me worried. I love to soak and have chosen a bath/shower combo for our 2007 cruise. I was assured that the tubs were full sized, both in debth & lenghth. If this is not so , please tell me as I will try and change to a new shower. Would prefer a decent size shower to a small bath. Thanks.

Honeymooner2006 has me worried. I love to soak and have chosen a bath/shower combo for our 2007 cruise. I was assured that the tubs were full sized, both in debth & lenghth. If this is not so , please tell me as I will try and change to a new shower. Would prefer a decent size shower to a small bath. Thanks.

The baths in Mariner are full size and ordinarily the shower is over the bath, which is fine if you are like us; I prefer a shower and my wife is adamant for a bath.

As I said before, the Mariner (as originally built) had only one defect that most of us could find. With the original tub-shower combo, the bathroom floor was raised about 5" above the suite floor, and then the tub was set on another 5" rise. As the suite itself has only 7' tall celings (common to every ship we've been on), this left only 6'2" headroom for those standing in the tub and taking a shower. Since many guests are 6'2" tall or taller, this was a bit of a problem for them! Even for short little shrimps like me (5'10") it was a nuisance, as I would be constantly hitting my hand on the ceiling while washing my hair. The conversion to shower-only suites (at least some of them) was a move to offer some correction of this problem.

So, in chosing between shower-tub suites and shower only suites on the Mariner, the question is, are you tall? If so, I would recommend shower only.

Thanks,

Richard

As I said before, the Mariner (as originally built) had only one defect that most of us could find. With the original tub-shower combo, the bathroom floor was raised about 5" above the suite floor, and then the tub was set on another 5" rise. As the suite itself has only 7' tall celings (common to every ship we've been on), this left only 6'2" headroom for those standing in the tub and taking a shower. Since many guests are 6'2" tall or taller, this was a bit of a problem for them! Even for short little shrimps like me (5'10") it was a nuisance, as I would be constantly hitting my hand on the ceiling while washing my hair. The conversion to shower-only suites (at least some of them) was a move to offer some correction of this problem.

So, in chosing between shower-tub suites and shower only suites on the Mariner, the question is, are you tall? If so, I would recommend shower only.

Thanks,

Richard

Or if you have short, stubby legs that find it hard to climb in/out of a tub:D

Esther

Thanks OrpingtonT and Dolebludger for your comments. Oh dear! I'm 5'10" and DH is 6'2''. I do so like to soak while on holidays and have the time :) however, don't want DH constantly bumping his head . :mad:

Perhaps we will toss for it and if he wins try and change our cabin.

Jim B:

Actually, I've been a bit tied up, as my wife was running for State Legislature. She didn't win. Her party is in the minority in her district, so it was to be expected. However, her party DID win the US Congress and Senate. So you might say that we lost the battle but won the war!:) :)

Esther:

I have bad feet -- literally an "old war injury." With the tub floor 5" above the bathroom floor, I had some problems intering and exiting. As my mobility impairments are only in the mild/moderate range, I suspect somebody with more severe impairments in their legs or feet would do well to select a shower-only suite.

piri:

Sounds like you two would prefer a shower-only suite also. Before our Mariner cruise, I had read complaints about the tub-shower headroom. So I brought a small tape measurer along. The 6'2" headroom is from my actual measurement.

Thanks,

Richard

For the elderly, there is no question that the shower wins. No stepping in and out of a tub in rough seas. We loved it on MUSH and would book a shower suite again on Mariner in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...

I'm about 6'4" tall and I've read here that the Mariner tub/shower is only 6'2". Oops :eek:

Currently, we have a suite with a tub/shower that is somewhat removed from the laundrette and so any noise from it should not be an issue. Unfortunately, the shower-only cabins of the same category are almost right across from the laundrette entrances.

Any concerns about noise/traffic from the laundrettes on Mariner?

Archived