RCCL Cabin ? From a Newbie

Hi all, taking my first cruise over Thanksgiving - one of the many things for which I need to give thanks is this board!

My travel agent messed up - I am traveling with 2 teenagers, and we are booked in an interior cabin. I am concerned that it will be far too small. The agent tells me the ship (Majesty) is 100% booked. Does anybody know how/if I can inquire about cancellations or upgrades?

I will continue to review the FAQ - thanks for any information!

Go to the website RCCL.com and pretend book your cruise to see availablity. You should try to check everyday.

If nothing shows up before then inquire at checkin if any upgrades are available, but you will need to be there early to have a chance to snag one and you will pay the going rate.

Good luck!

Sue

See if your TA will put you on a wait list for an upgraded cabin. You will more than likely have to pay for this, but I have to agree an inside cabin on this ship is too small for 3 people. It can be done with a little creativity and I'd probably not cancel because of it, but I'd advise you to pack light, very light.

If you choose to cancel, do so soon, you are in the 50% cancel fee range now, if you wait a couple more weeks, you will forfeit the whole cruise.

Hi all, taking my first cruise over Thanksgiving - one of the many things for which I need to give thanks is this board!

My travel agent messed up - I am traveling with 2 teenagers, and we are booked in an interior cabin. I am concerned that it will be far too small. The agent tells me the ship (Majesty) is 100% booked. Does anybody know how/if I can inquire about cancellations or upgrades?

Your travel agent messed up...your travel agent should help you get you an upgrade if another cabin becomes available. If you call RCCL direct, they will not give you any information on your booking if you're working with an agent. All changes have to be made through your travel agent. The cabins are very small on the Majesty. I would not cancel if you cannot get an upgrade, but you'll definitely be tight. I love the Majesty!

Maybe I'm missing something... but from a pure size point of view, the inside cabins aren't any smaller than the outside cabins unless you are going for a significantly higher class of cabin (119 sq ft for inside, 122 sq ft for outside).

You need a superior room or suite before the size gets substantially different.

Good luck.

Anything except a suite will be too small for 2 adult and 2 teens, IMO! You won't have room to walk at the same time! Only 1 bathroom--not an optimal vacation experience there! Tell you TA to book another inside! Your sanity will thank you!

My wife and I stayed in an interior cabin ONCE on the Majesty (sister ship). :eek: It was too small for the two of us, and my wife weighs 100 and I weigh 170. We are not big people. Four small kids might be able to fit in one of those cabins. I would definitely have my TA pursue securing something else.

If nothing else can be attained, just prepare yourself for some "close" family time.:)

If it's the 11/20 sailing I did see there are only cabins for two available, superior ocean view, ocean view and inside. If you stick with the inside for three bring an over the door shoe hanger for storage space. It will come in handy with such little space. Put your empty suitcases inside one another and store them under the bed. If you are willing to pay the price maybe you could get two F1 (window) which is actually $10 less than an inside. Maybe you will luck out and get a cabin for three from a cancellation. Good luck. You will have a good time regardless!

Let me tell you some really good info!

First off - you're definitely right - it is going to be super tight. Those Majesty cabins are SOO unbelievably small.

Second...other ppl have suggested checking to see if other rooms open up - SUPER IDEA!

Third...if you're going on Majesty I'm going to assume that your cruise is probably a shorter one (4 nights?) and you'll be in the Caribbean/Bahamas. If you have a port everyday, don't worry about the room you're in. You aren't going to spending the time in your room - especially if you have kids. There is SO much to do in the ports and on the ship that it is unlikely you will be wanting to just "hang out" in your cabin. My friend and I thought we needed a bigger room too but we hardly were ever actually in the room except to change and sleep/shower. Your money spent on an upgrade (if one becomes available) might be better spent on the excursions!

Hope this helps. I know it sounds crazy that you're not in your room much, but it's really true. There is just soo much to do.

When you say your travel agent messed up, do you mean she gave you bad advice( telling you 3 can fit comfortably in a Majesty inside) , or she booked you the wrong cabin?

If she actually booked you the wrong cabin, I would press her/him to fix it for you. I wonder if they would let you switch ships if nothing is available on your Majesty sailing? If it truly is the TA's mistake, I would go over their heads and talk to RC directly, explaining the situation.

If you just trusted the TA's bad advice, don't let it ruin your vacation.

It may be tight, but you really don't spend all that much time in your cabin anyways!

If the teenagers are boys, it won't be that bad!

If they are girls, just get ready first and get out of their way!!:D :D

Have fun!!

Archived