Hotels/Motels in Galveston

BunnyHoppin

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay the night before our cruise departs? This is our first cruise, and first time to Galveston, and we are planning on arriving early..I was hoping to get a place close to the ship, but I don't even know where to start looking! It's the NYE cruise, and I'm afraid if we don't book something now, they may not have a room when we get there...

Thanks

The best recommendation I can give you right now is to click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414 for the North American Homeports - Gulf Coast Departures Forum. You will find lots of threads there about Galveston to help you with your research.

Wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay the night before our cruise departs? This is our first cruise, and first time to Galveston, and we are planning on arriving early..I was hoping to get a place close to the ship, but I don't even know where to start looking! It's the NYE cruise, and I'm afraid if we don't book something now, they may not have a room when we get there...

Thanks

Hola,

I've seen good reviews on the Harbor House, Galvez and the San Luis is fantastic if you are well heeled, but my personal favorite is the Holiday Inn on the Beach. They have free cruise parking and a complimentary shuttle service. Their prices are a little steep unless you go in the off season. Then the rooms run around $100. Best Western Beachfront is good, but they don't have a shuttle service, but you could use EZPark for parking and shuttle. All are within a mile or two of the cruise terminal.

There are lots of great and good choices in Galveston, but do not stay at the Flagship Hotel! I've heard too many horror stories about it. We've had great stays in Galveston, but my DH's criteria is a little quirky - he wants a hotel that has the breakfast where you can make your own Belgian waffles..... Goofy thing is that we own one of those waffle irons and he never uses it. Go figure.....

We are staying here prior to our Thanksgiving cruise and were able to reserve a room with 2 king beds. The rate for the room is $75 + taxes. They have free cruise parking and breakfast. We have to take a taxi to the terminal though as they do not have a shuttle.

Archived