New RCCL Visa Bank of America Question

biomedbob

During the initial changeover from the old RCCL Visa to the Bank of American brand there was a tutorial on how how to use the new, improved version.

Part of that showed how to access your Royal Points to see your credits.

Somehow I haven’t been able to do this. Can anyone lead me through the steps to access this area of BOA website?

A Bank of America rep was at my employer. I have been displeased with the transition. I have my ATM with Bank of America and now I have to sign in on my ATM to view my credit card. Plus the statement is not the same as the old web page. She assured me this was a work in progress and inhancements are being added daily....so my advice is keep checking.

I was a B of A customer, use their website daily, so in general I don't have that gripe. But I, too, onloy ever knew how to see my Royal Bonus points by seeing the bottom of the statement and now the statement does not appear in the same manner. So thanks to all for the info posted here, I'm in the same boat (sorry for the pun) with others it appears.

When your card reaches its closing date, your statement is posted for viewing or downloading (online), just like on the MBNA site. If you select the view and print option you will get a pdf file to open that will show you the complete statement that is mailed to you. Near the bottom of the statement you can see your Royal Points, just like we always did with MBNA.

Something I found out was, if you intend to download to Quicken, and you are a Credit Card customer only, you can't go to the statement first and then download. When you first open up the window for your account, you will see the current months statement and pending charges. Above and to the right of that list is a download link that is underlined, click there and then you will be transferred to your statement that just closed and you will be able to download from there.

Hypo

Count me in as another who's displeased with the transition. I used to be able to log onto the computer and see how many points I had . . . now I can't.

However, I will say this for the RCCI VISA card: if you can ever talk to a human being, they take good care of you. We had to cancel our cruise because of illness (it was only days before we were set to sail, so it was especially heartbreaking). I'd used points to buy onboard credits -- $200 worth -- and because I called before the cruise sailed, they were able to credit those points back to my account so that I can use them in the future. Finding a human being is difficult, but I was pleasantly surprised at their service once I spoke to someone.

I just got my card this month, and logged onto their site and setup my online access. Now, I'll just wait for the first statement to see if the bonus for first purchase is applied. Is there a chart somewhere for how to use the points? I've heard how most of you do, but not the specific amount of points are good for what.

After posting, I found this -http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do

However, I will say this for the RCCI VISA card: if you can ever talk to a human being, they take good care of you. We had to cancel our cruise because of illness (it was only days before we were set to sail, so it was especially heartbreaking). I'd used points to buy onboard credits -- $200 worth -- and because I called before the cruise sailed, they were able to credit those points back to my account so that I can use them in the future. Finding a human being is difficult, but I was pleasantly surprised at their service once I spoke to someone.

I had to talk to someone this last week about the points I was trying to use & WHAT a MESS. The woman was absolutely fantastic and was very apologetic. Seems there have been some glitches, but she said it really went smoothly when considering how large a merger this was. She was very sympathetic with the hassles we are having to go through to access our accounts on-line as she had to go through the same ones to change her accounts. Just a little different system and set-up. It is frustrating trying to get a live voice tho. I told her I had to wait up to 25 or so minutes (before she called and I had her direct number) and she said that was NOTHING. ouch So wonder what benefit it will be to us with the merger?!! :confused:

I'm with Eagles. On my statement I just received, I got 2,000 less points than I charged.

Glad you mentioned it happened on a couple of statements. I just checked my last statement and received 400 points less.

So, Eagles, how did you handle? did you just call them and then get credited on your next statement?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you have a BofA card that is not the RCI one, if they will change it to that for you?

What teh customer service woman told me the other day was that we the MBNA folks' Visa's expire, they will send us new cards from BofA. She said the icon on the front is a little different (not sure how).

and they have added current points to the call. So everyday I know how many & how much.

Now if only B of A would put the additional warranty year to any purchase of a year or less as AMEX has. Amazing that they have joined Mastercard & Discover with no warranty for purchases.

I'm with Eagles. On my statement I just received, I got 2,000 less points than I charged.

Glad you mentioned it happened on a couple of statements. I just checked my last statement and received 400 points less.

So, Eagles, how did you handle? did you just call them and then get credited on your next statement?

Thanks.

OK I have called and they have added my points.I checked back for a whole year and started in Sept when the switch over was starting. They have given me back my 1283 Pt's.They tell me the problem is when I use smart safe.It does not add those Pt's yet.

:o Sorry to ask but this will be the first time I will redeem points and was wondering who do I call to get my certificates? Thank you and sorry for the question that has been asked alot !

don't be sorry, even if you call who you are supposed to call sometimes they don't know becasue it gets rolled over to someone else, especially lately. 1-800-421-2110. You need to ask for specific coupons-like what you want to use them for. ALSO, they are good for only 6 months and the other day I was told by the person who manages the program, that you have to sail within those 2 months!!!!!

Good luck.

BTW, Eagles, what is smartsafe?

don't be sorry, even if you call who you are supposed to call sometimes they don't know becasue it gets rolled over to someone else, especially lately. 1-800-421-2110. You need to ask for specific coupons-like what you want to use them for. ALSO, they are good for only 6 months and the other day I was told by the person who manages the program, that you have to sail within those 2 months!!!!!

Good luck.

BTW, Eagles, what is smartsafe?

YOU ARE AWESOME AND THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!

Archived