Odd annoying behavior

stbmom

People who take more food tan they can eat just because it is included in the cruise fare.

We were on a cruise in 04 and sat next to a Jewish woman that took a pile of bacon and said out loud that "we don't eat this stuff, but I took it because it was there".

Do not flame me as I am Jewish and was appauled by her comment.

I agree wholeheartedly about the elevator problems, but my DH looks otherwise healthy and has a knee replacement that doesn't do well on stairs (especially going DOWN). We would ride one floor. So, looks may be deceiving.

I was thinking the same thing. I look healthy but I have two knee replacements and it is very hard to walk down stairs and at times to walk up stairs too. I'm sure people think I am just lazy, but that isn't the case.

Katie

I was thinking the same thing. I look healthy but I have two knee replacements and it is very hard to walk down stairs and at times to walk up stairs too. I'm sure people think I am just lazy, but that isn't the case.

Katie

You don't have to justify elevator use. They are there for a reason...to be used!

Some people just can't mind their own business!

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise!

D.

Forget the farters and one floor users. If I didn't love the ships so much, I would never go back to RCI. We feel so sorry for the orphans that RCI employ to go up and down all day in the glass elevators. These kids seem to work about 14 hours a day and most of them are obviously too tired to give us anything but a bemused look when we tip them.

Alan

Excellent!, Love that one!!!!:) :) :)

My pet peeve are people who try to get by the hand gel dispensers without using them, like they are cleaner than everyone else.

Just because someone walks by the gel dispensers doesn't mean their hands are dirty. Perhaps they used it moments earlier, maybe they just washed their hands with soap & water. I never realized there was a rule that stated you must always use the gel dispenser when walking by one.

Personally, I won't use them because the chemicals/alcohol in those products bothers my skin. And if someone made a comment or gave me a dirty look for not using it I would have no problem telling them to mind their own business and stop being judgemental.

People who get on an elevator (those mind you in apparent good health I might add) and go up or down ONE FLOOR...........we had an epedimic of that on our last cruise.

Keep in mind that looks can be deceiving. Just because someone appears to be healthy doesn't always mean it is the case.

My complaint is people who insist on complaining about EVERYTHING. On our last cruise we were in the theatre and had a woman complain for twenty minutes about how her Carnival cruise was so much better because they made announcements for everything. Apparently this woman missed the sailaway party because it wasn't announced and missed some other event on the ship earlier in the day for the same reason.

At breakfast in the dining room we were seated at a huge table. An older woman complained how her bacon wasn't crispy enough. The waiter apologized and brought her a big plate of bacon that was more crispy than what she originally had - of course she now complained loudly that she didn't want an entire plate and how it still wasn't crispy enough. After another 10 minutes of her going on about the damn bacon, I told her that perhaps she should ask for burned bacon because that is obviously what she wanted. Needless to say she got the hint and shut up to allow everyone else to enjoy their breakfast.

Katie

I have absolutely no opinion about others using elevators for one floor as I realize health or safety issues for individuals are not always visible to the eye. Kind of like the person with emphysema or other lung or heart problems that qualify for handicapped parking spaces. Not all handicaps are visible and people need to curb thier criticism if they truly don't know.

I use the stairs because I can and I'm very thankful for that. I'll do so as long as I can and leave the elevators for those who can't manage, for one reason or another. I don't even care if it's for no reason other than a person is too lazy for the stairs, it's really none of my business!

I just wanted you to know there are a lot of people like me out in public areas, so don't worry about the busybodies who take so much time and effort to concern themselves with what you are doing.

Come on folks. The purpose of this thread is to complain about odd/annoying behavior, not defend it. I will admit that I once farted in the elevator.:o I will never do that again, because my wife almost killed me. She got even that night with a "covered wagon" fart in bed. I learned my lesson and will never do it again.

I laughed when I read that post. But, I'm not going to yell at the the guy who posted it.:)

Here's a vote for unruly, unsupervised children. Last summer on the Norwegian Dawn there were seemingly hundreds of children under age 10 who continually ran up and down and around everywhere bumping into people with no apologies. After several days of this I'd had enough so when a group of three children ran into my 84 year old husband who uses a walker I stopped them and scolded them myself.

The experience made me realize we need to schedule cruises for times when children aren't on holiday.

Come on folks. The purpose of this thread is to complain about odd/annoying behavior, not defend it. I will admit that I once farted in the elevator.:o I will never do that again, because my wife almost killed me. She got even that night with a "covered wagon" fart in bed. I learned my lesson and will never do it again.

I laughed when I read that post. But, I'm not going to yell at the the guy who posted it.:)

You are right!;) What is annoying to some, is perfectly acceptable to others, and we all have the right to our opinions.

And the fact that you remember the ship/date/time of an elevator fart, is, well, fascinating!:eek: You sound like someone who is fun to cruise with!

But, what I find intolerable is mistreatment of the staff and crew to get what some think they are entitled to. I've witnessed it on almost every cruise I've been on, while waiting in line at the Guest Relation desk. Why people think they have to yell or present their issue with an attitude is so far from what you need to do to rectify most situations. I'm guilty of reading between the lines here on CC when people report they got yelled at by so and so employee of the ship. I have to wonder just how they approached the employee in the first place :confused: :rolleyes: .

I know what you mean that really annoys me too. whenever i go to guest relations or wherever i would rather keep what i have to say between me and whoever i am tlking to and not broadcast it to the whole world and embarras myself by shouting

i work in the travel industry and am amazed at how many people love to shout out their complaint and let everyone else hear them but it makes me smile when others who hear them come up and tell me what an idiots they think these people are

I love it when people intentionally sit in the wrong seat and then play dumb when you bring it to their attention.....:mad:

OVer the years, I have seen more than a few times where the airlines print two boarding passes for the same seat. It can be fun to watch. It usually happens when a plane is full. The only time it happened to me was when the plane was full, the other person with the same seat beat me to it. I was forced to move to a center seat (LA to Ohio) between two obest people who already had teh aisle and window and were both spilling into the center seat. Add to that I was carrying a peice of electronic test equpment that could not be checked and the overheads were full so it had to go under the seat in front of me. (I'm 6'2) To make everything perfect as soon as we were airborn, the kid in the seat in front of me reclined all the way for the entire trip.

What annoys me is the dirty looks I've gotten on almost every cruise just for being a young person out in public (I'm 21). I've never associated with persons on a cruise who act unruly nor do I act that way myself. I apologize if it offends some people that I'm out sipping a Bud Lite at a bar, walking back to my room, or riding an empty or near empty elevator from Deck 3 up to some activity on Deck 11... just because I'm not of some elevated stature that certain older individuals claim for themselves.

Just to be clear, while this has happened on almost every cruise I've been on does not mean that the majority of people act that way. In fact, most people are exceedingly friendly to young people who are acting responsibly. Please though, if you're one of those people, get OVER yourselves!!!:rolleyes:

That's what really annoys me. Those people who want to tell you how much they make, how much their house cost, how important they are ect... I don't know these people and dont care. Why do they feel impelled to tell these intimate details to a total stranger?? It baffles and annoys me to no end.

And it seems like they continue it EVERY NIGHT at dinner. We also had a very nice young man at our table that wore his baseball cap almost every night.

On our last cruise on the Mariner - we were sitting with another family - we live in North Carolina and they were from South Carolina. There was grandma/grandpa mum and two kids from their family and we had mum/dad, nana and two kids. My mother and I are Canadians. The first night Grampa went on and on about what the nationality of the waiter was. He was from Turkey and was so nice and always pleasant to all of us. He finally came out and said - look here are you from one of those terrorist countries? Our waiter just smiled and said I am from Turkey. A couple of nights later Gramps went on and on about how he hated Canadians (and how stupid they are when they come to Myrtle Beach and swim in the winter time). My sweet, twelve year old - looked at him and said you know sir - you should be careful of what you say - you never know who you are sitting with. (by the way he didn't say it rudely at all) He said to my son - What do you mean my that? My son smiled and said my mum and Nana are Canadians. Gramps mouth dropped and was pretty quiet for the rest of the meal. So what irritates me? Rude people.:(

OVer the years, I have seen more than a few times where the airlines print two boarding passes for the same seat. It can be fun to watch. It usually happens when a plane is full. The only time it happened to me was when the plane was full, the other person with the same seat beat me to it. I was forced to move to a center seat (LA to Ohio) between two obest people who already had teh aisle and window and were both spilling into the center seat. Add to that I was carrying a peice of electronic test equpment that could not be checked and the overheads were full so it had to go under the seat in front of me. (I'm 6'2) To make everything perfect as soon as we were airborn, the kid in the seat in front of me reclined all the way for the entire trip.

Oh, Bill, I've never seen that....

The two people on my plane did not have duplicate boarding passes, they were acting dumb and hoping they'd get their way. But your comment about the kid reclining reminds me of the one who kicked the back of my seat for about four hours on a flight to Japan. I finally got up, turned around, looked over the top of the seat and stared hard at him. His parents noticed. Didn 't get kicked the rest of the way.

Fran

With only a few exceptions, this has been a fun thread. My biggest problem is unfortunately with rude people on walkies or cell phones...and now it seems many phones are operating at sea. I hate it most when you are seated at a dinning table having a small conversation with some of the other guests and one of the parties starts a conversation on one of these things...their voice always gets a few octaves louder, and their conversation seems to crawl into my head and I can no longer hear the people I was speaking with clearly. I try to ignore the phone conversation, but I just can't seem to. Usually I end up excusing myself and leaving the table. When did the world get so self absorbed? It boggles my mind!

MK-Rev_Flowers_Feathers1.jpg

Archived