Locating available cabins

twocats

One way is to go to the Princess site and log in. Select a cruise, then a category and attempt to make a reservation. Before you complete the reservation, a list of available cabins will appear. Then you can cancel, before completing the transaction. You can do the same thing at several online travel agents as well. But, keep in mind, there are usually other cabins that are available that are not listed.

I don't think there is a single website that will give you the complete story. But if you are hot for a certain cabin, call your TA and they will sometimes be able to get it for you even if it wasn't listed as available.

Here is a link to the Princess page where you can start the "booking" process:

http://www.princess.com/find/index.jsp

Tom's advice to contact your TA is your best route. They have access to each cruise lines booking engines and will be able to bring up a list of all available cabins in any specific category. Remember though that cabin availablility is constantly changing, and what is available today may not be available tomorrow and viceversa. As a general rule once final payment is due you will see a large influx of available cabins because some people will cancel and any agency holding unsold group space must release it.

Use the Princess booking engine.

After choosing the cruise and cabin category that you're interested in, proceed to the cabin availability cue. There is an area below the short list of available cabins where you can insert the cabin number of your personal choice to check it's availability.:)

Have fun!

This is interesting, recent posts have pointed out how non US/Canadian users can no longer access the US site for prices. This has been so if you went into the on-line booking via the book a cruise facility. But there has been a back door where you could get in via the find a cruise feature on the ships page. However I now notice that under pricing this says:-

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but this section is currently under construction. In the meantime, please contact your local travel agent to book with Princess Cruises.

Is this message also displayed to Nth. American users or has Princess plugged another leak for non US cruisers.

This is interesting, recent posts have pointed out how non US/Canadian users can no longer access the US site for prices. This has been so if you went into the on-line booking via the book a cruise facility. But there has been a back door where you could get in via the find a cruise feature on the ships page. However I now notice that under pricing this says:-

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but this section is currently under construction. In the meantime, please contact your local travel agent to book with Princess Cruises.

Is this message also displayed to Nth. American users or has Princess plugged another leak for non US cruisers.

If you are talking about going to an individual ship's page, and then clicking on the section called "Cruises," I just tried it and it works for me. I guess they have blocked that information for Non-North American countries.

This policy of having different prices that depend on your nationality doesn't seem right to me, especially in this modern day where so much is purchased off the internet.

If you are talking about going to an individual ship's page, and then clicking on the section called "Cruises," I just tried it and it works for me. I guess they have blocked that information for Non-North American countries.

This policy of having different prices that depend on your nationality doesn't seem right to me, especially in this modern day where so much is purchased off the internet.

Thanks for the info. Tom, I thought that was probably the case. It does seem a bit pointless of Princess stopping non US cruisers price checking in this way, since you can find brochure prices from any number of US TA's. It only serves to highlight the price disadvantage we suffer.

TerrierJohn, don't fret matey, same disadvantages for checking cabins, bookings, costs apply to us Aussies as well you Brits. We can ONLY book a Princess Cruise through a Travel Agent, NOT directly through Princess or on internet. We are at Princess'es mercy, e.g. for our cruise next year last for Regal Princess, LA to Sydney, only inside and outside available and you cannot pick your cabin. We have a guaranteeed catgory K inside, whatever that means. But as per last cruise I expect to get our cabin number a few days prior to sailing. Such is life. Princess (Carnival) needs to get their act into gear fron non-americans, we also have no access to Princess Circle on the internet, we have to beg on board ship for a gold or platinum card to get to the Capts Circle party, big deal.!!

Rule Britannia and Advance Australia Fair:) (and God Bless America of course.):cool:

Archived