Thanksgiving cruise Jewel review

Rafaella

Nobody is saying the OP was wrong with her assessment of the food. There were just too many contradictions that needed answers. As for other posters that say the food was bad , for whatever reason, people here ask questions and get labeled as "cheerleaders" because they are looking clarity and not agreement.

PE

PE<---- did not, but that has been stated in the past by others on the reason why NCL boards have more negative comments than the others.

Why can't people post that they did not like the food on a ship without being told they are wrong? Again on my recent NCL cruise I thought the food was overall good I am just trying to say that if a negative comment is made it should not just be dismissed as a subjective comment. The posters add a lot of value to the board and should be able to say how they feel. That's all.

Of course people can post that they did not like the food - I only object to posting misleading statements of fact rather than opinion (i.e. "there was NO meat"). Of course if you post that you did not like the food ,there are bound to be people who will say they liked the same food - what is wrong with that? Liking or not liking the food is an "opinion" and some people are going to have different opinions. Food IS subjective - so what? I personally find it useful when people say "I did not like xfood BECAUSE it was too bland, too salty, too spicy" - this gives me a clue about whether their SUBJECTIVE tastes might agree with mine and adds value to the review for me.

The posters add a lot of value to the board and should be able to say how they feel. That's all.

Yes, they should be able to state what they feel, just like those that differ should be able to state their opinions. Why do you feel only one side should be presented? And why do you feel that those who differ should not state how they feel? And why should I be able to state what I feel about what you feel about what others feel about what the OP feels?

Are we getting dizzy yet?:D

Yes, they should be able to state what they feel, just like those that differ should be able to state their opinions. Why do you feel only one side should be presented? And why do you feel that those who differ should not state how they feel? And why should I be able to state what I feel about what you feel about what others feel about what the OP feels?

Are we getting dizzy yet?:D

I think we are dizzy, reality is the OP's message had no value to yourself and many others who have had great experiances and if they said they served fried rat poop that would not change your mind as you have been there first hand. I just think that is someone says they did not enjoy they should not have to defend every little thing about it.

I think we are dizzy, reality is the OP's message had no value to yourself and many others who have had great experiances and if they said they served fried rat poop that would not change your mind as you have been there first hand. I just think that is someone says they did not enjoy they should not have to defend every little thing about it.

See, you just said how you feel about what I feel about what you feel about what others feel about what the OP feels.:D That's a message board. People can defend what they say if they feel it needs defending or let it stand on its merits. When you post on a message board, it opens it to discussion, both pros and cons. It's called freedom of speech. Thank you to our men and women in uniform for that.

Fried rat poop?:D I believe that's for another thread.

Interesting - I think you just made my point for me - since there have been posters here who will say that what they were served was actually "X" when it was just something they did not like. Not that it looked like "X" or tasted like "X" BUT THAT IT ACTUALLY WAS "X". ("X" being rat poop or something equally disgusting. Some people seem to feel that they can only make a point by speading false information and I really take serious objection to that.

If you are going to call something "rat poop" - it should BE

"rat poop".

BTW - I have been served a few things I did not like on NCL but so far no "rat poop".... - although NMNITA once compared the Lamb Kebab to dog food (No - she did not say it WAS dog food but that it had the appearance, texture and what she imagined to be the flavour of dog food. ) Those of us who had tasted the lamb Kebab were pretty much in agreement with her opinion and we are glad it is no longer on the menu. So I don't imagine we would say that "rat poop" was yummy new addition to the menu.)

O.K. I just picked up on this thread. I had a wonderful time reading through it this afternoon. It became really interesting when the discussion hit upon rat poop. But now it's time for me to go home and cook dinner for my DH and two kids. However, I very much wish I could instead be on the Jewel and dining at any of the restaurants where I don't have to cook it or clean up. Heck, I'm only a fan of the buffet for day time pick up food when I'm in a hurry but at this moment, I'd do anything to have dinner there. Better yet, Alex, could you please fit us in at LeBistro please?

O.K. I just picked up on this thread. I had a wonderful time reading through it this afternoon. It became really interesting when the discussion hit upon rat poop.

Makes me feel good about my decision to expand my ignore file last night!

-Monte

O.K. I just picked up on this thread. I had a wonderful time reading through it this afternoon. It became really interesting when the discussion hit upon rat poop. But now it's time for me to go home and cook dinner for my DH and two kids. However, I very much wish I could instead be on the Jewel and dining at any of the restaurants where I don't have to cook it or clean up. Heck, I'm only a fan of the buffet for day time pick up food when I'm in a hurry but at this moment, I'd do anything to have dinner there. Better yet, Alex, could you please fit us in at LeBistro please?

Well stated!

I agree...oh, that Alex:)

Interesting that you find chilled soups so odd - didn't you notice them on the menu on your 2 HAL cruises ? Oh wait maybe you got a different menu from everybody else on those cruises too.

No need to be smart A.. here. You are not "looking" better by your comments, trust me...

HAL was serving more than a great food... I did not pay attention to the chilled soups , yet they have many nice creamy soups with lots of flavor - and those I have noticed very well. More of smart Joe here?

On our one HAL cruise, food was insipid. Very good buffet dinners with main course cooked for you. Dining room food uninspired, lukewarm, with ordinary service. Inflexible seating. Goofy parade of baked Alaskas. Outdated dress code. Dull.

Zeno,

Now I see where is the problem with your comments to my postings coming from : there are no other experiences for you except for NCL...

As much as I did not like the food on Jewel, I am willing to try new things and new lines... You stuck on NCL, perphaps you should try " HAL" - no arguments about food there ...

On our one HAL cruise, food was insipid. Very good buffet dinners with main course cooked for you. Dining room food uninspired, lukewarm, with ordinary service. Inflexible seating. Goofy parade of baked Alaskas. Outdated dress code. Dull.

Outstanding service, formal, casual- to -dressy, clean areas in all dining rooms, meals to die for - selection, choices, combination, taste.Seating the same time, yet you have the choices of going to Cafe at all times - "freestyle" so called on other lines.. And, BTW the food in the cafe -style was excellent with variety... Dress code - oficial, yet with style and class.

CLASS- is what you have with HAL.

Everyone's opinions on food are different, what appeals to some, others hate. I think the same is with class---depends on your definition of the word.:rolleyes:

I still do not understand the differences in what was on the menus--coka description says one thing and Rafaella's description is totally opposite. Which is true, please??:confused:

Isn't it nice that there are different lines for people who have different tastes. Rafaella -- have fun going back to HAL. For those of you who remember previous posts, maybe she can meet up with Tumeroll. It sounds like they'd be wonderful cruising companions :D .

Everything else I want to add is going to get this thread poofed, so I think I'll just keep my fingers quiet.

Zeno,

Now I see where is the problem with your comments to my postings coming from : there are no other experiences for you except for NCL...

As much as I did not like the food on Jewel, I am willing to try new things and new lines... You stuck on NCL, perphaps you should try " HAL" - no arguments about food there ...

Uhm - actually I have been on 3 NON NCL cruises. They were fine but I like Freestyle Dining and I don't like buffets or dressing formally.

Isn't it nice that there are different lines for people who have different tastes. Rafaella -- have fun going back to HAL. For those of you who remember previous posts, maybe she can meet up with Tumeroll. It sounds like they'd be wonderful cruising companions :D .

Everything else I want to add is going to get this thread poofed, so I think I'll just keep my fingers quiet.

Isn't wondreful that it is Not for you to "choose" my companions? Otherwise, I would ended up with people like you. "Keep your fingers quiet." - better for you.

Uhm - actually I have been on 3 NON NCL cruises. They were fine but I like Freestyle Dining and I don't like buffets or dressing formally.

Not all formal cruises require to dress formal. Just dress decently not fancy is what is required. What is happening here is that on the "freestyle" cruising, people, still dress up like they were in the barn, and this does not look good at all. Flip - flops to the Tsar's Palace was too much for me. One man was sent to his cabin to change - he was wearing shorts to the main dining room...

Commom, you are free- cruising, yet, there is "some " traditional rules to even cafe- buffet - whatever - style places..

BTW: Free style dining is a buffet - at least this is the way I felt.

I'm thinking that my fingers should stay quiet too. Unless of course, we want to use them with efforts of our ignore list. Whenever people start talking about defining class using various cruiselines is where the ignore list can come in handy.

All-- Be careful on the comments here or a poof will happen quickly. I was in quite a disagreement with a few a couple of days ago but when it was all said and done I respected the class in which these folks handled the back and forth and a few of there points actually registered with me and I hope perhaps at least one of mine got through there thick heads (a joke). That is it-- just be careful as there really is no sense on ruining what has for the most part been an interesting thread.

I'm thinking that my fingers should stay quiet too. Unless of course, we want to use them with efforts of our ignore list. Whenever people start talking about defining class using various cruiselines is where the ignore list can come in handy.

Ignoring is the best.

Archived