Thanksgiving cruise Jewel review

Rafaella

Maybe the reason some of us are "NCL" long listers is because we enjoy the cruiseline. If you don't, that's fine, but there is no reason to insult those of us who do enjoy it. The Tumeroll post was meant to be a joke -- he was previously making similar statements regarding the lack of "class" available on NCL, and it sounds like your opinions would be similar.

I'm also curious -- I left a couple of different posts asking why the discrepancy between your announcement of "no meat choices" available was in direct conflict to the menus postered by Coka and have had no response. If someone posts their opinion that the food was terrible, I can accept that, as my taste may be different than yours. If a post is made that the service was unacceptable, while it may be contrary to my experiences, I realize that things can change from week to week. If someone posts something as a factual statement, which is later demonstrated to be untrue, I do have issues with that, especially when I asked for clarification without trying to be insulting.

All-- Be careful on the comments here or a poof will happen quickly. I was in quite a disagreement with a few a couple of days ago but when it was all said and done I respected the class in which these folks handled the back and forth and a few of there points actually registered with me and I hope perhaps at least one of mine got through there thick heads (a joke). That is it-- just be careful as there really is no sense on ruining what has for the most part been an interesting thread.

Ashleycrew,

The problem here is that some people are very disrespectful to other members of the forum, and , instead of listening and maintaining TD on the socialy -accepted level, they starting to critic and insult other members...And, most importantly, is the fact that those members are ONLY listening to their own opinions and are unable to "open" their eyes to ideas of other people.

The main purpose of this thread was to share MY opinion and experience from the cruise on Jewel, and I had never thought that many responses will look SO nasty...

Maybe the reason some of us are "NCL" long listers is because we enjoy the cruiseline. If you don't, that's fine, but there is no reason to insult those of us who do enjoy it. The Tumeroll post was meant to be a joke -- he was previously making similar statements regarding the lack of "class" available on NCL, and it sounds like your opinions would be similar.

I'm also curious -- I left a couple of different posts asking why the discrepancy between your announcement of "no meat choices" available was in direct conflict to the menus postered by Coka and have had no response. If someone posts their opinion that the food was terrible, I can accept that, as my taste may be different than yours. If a post is made that the service was unacceptable, while it may be contrary to my experiences, I realize that things can change from week to week. If someone posts something as a factual statement, which is later demonstrated to be untrue, I do have issues with that, especially when I asked for clarification without trying to be insulting.

I do not owe any explenations to anybody.

I simple stated how I felt without insulting anybody or anyone.

I don't owe to you or anyone else the response to the conflict question on menu - I stated before that menu did not respresented what it was in it. Again, read my postings with multiple descriptions of meals and their contents, I am NOT repeating myself million times. If Coka was happy with her meals I am glad ; I , as many other folks who I have discussed the menu on the ship, did not like the food. Wheather YOU have issues or not, it is not my problem - yet, keep it in respectful athmosphere,please.

I think I will apply for a cook position on Jewel. Than, you will , defenately, know what is meat. LOL

Still not telling us---seems you know you were wrong and do not want to admit it. OK try again--

What was on Coka's menus that you do not consider "meat"???:eek:

<yes i am a longie on NCL>

I don't see anything funny here. I think, your comments are quiet sad.

Well I am beginning to see this for the enormous joke that it is. I think I would probably get a real laugh if I met you in real life. My big mistake was looking for logic but I realize the error of that and now I just take your comments as I hope they were intended. Too much - really!

So - now you say the meat was on the menu but it wasn't "real" - I laughed real hard at that one. I guess others on the ship were eating "unreal" meat. And HAL defines "class" - all the time I just thought it was a vacation choice for people who like to dress up and eat at set times! I really hope this thread does not go poof - it just gets better and better.

I just happened to click into this thread as I too have just returned from a cruise Thanksgiving week (on carnival) and wanted to see what experiences others had on different lines.

I'd like to thank the original OP for the review. What the heck is everyone attacking her for? Wait.....before you respond that she was not factual...I've read the whole thread. She didn't have to post anything at all. It's time consuming to post reviews, I haven't even gotten around to it yet, although I intend to. While I was researching my cruise, I checked several reviews.....all were taken with a grain of salt. Some I can look back on and agree with, others I disagree with but I would never go back and argue with them....it is their experience. Comments up for debate...sure! But this is just getting personal.

It looks like the exact menu was posted by another reviewer so what else do you need? This was the OP's experience. I have only been back for a couple of days and can't even begin to recall the menu.....well, except for the chocolate melting cake. YUMMO!

Still not telling us---seems you know you were wrong and do not want to admit it. OK try again--

What was on Coka's menus that you do not consider "meat"???:eek:

<yes i am a longie on NCL>

This is too primitive conversation , and someone has to finish it.

Me wrong? I don't think so. I was very explainatory in my postings.

Peace.

I just happened to click into this thread as I too have just returned from a cruise Thanksgiving week (on carnival) and wanted to see what experiences others had on different lines.

I'd like to thank the original OP for the review. What the heck is everyone attacking her for? Wait.....before you respond that she was not factual...I've read the whole thread. She didn't have to post anything at all. It's time consuming to post reviews, I haven't even gotten around to it yet, although I intend to. While I was researching my cruise, I checked several reviews.....all were taken with a grain of salt. Some I can look back on and agree with, others I disagree with but I would never go back and argue with them....it is their experience. Comments up for debate...sure! But this is just getting personal.

It looks like the exact menu was posted by another reviewer so what else do you need? This was the OP's experience. I have only been back for a couple of days and can't even begin to recall the menu.....well, except for the chocolate melting cake. YUMMO!

Thank you, dear.

That is exsactly what I am trying to say - that was MY experience, and no one is the same.

My words were twisted around, questioned, argued, and even someone mentioned "my native" language - and do express myself in English?

You are right, the idea of this TD was to SHARE my feelings with everyone and not to assult NCL or anyone else. Thanks, again for your comments.

Peace.

I guess, what is difficult for some of us to believe, is that of all the reviews of NCL food (some like it, some don't-that's fine) yours is the first and so far the only one that I can recall, that claims the items on the menu are not what is actually served.

-Monte

Well I am beginning to see this for the enormous joke that it is. I think I would probably get a real laugh if I met you in real life. My big mistake was looking for logic but I realize the error of that and now I just take your comments as I hope they were intended. Too much - really!

So - now you say the meat was on the menu but it wasn't "real" - I laughed real hard at that one. I guess others on the ship were eating "unreal" meat. And HAL defines "class" - all the time I just thought it was a vacation choice for people who like to dress up and eat at set times! I really hope this thread does not go poof - it just gets better and better.

Zeno, I don't want to get to your level, yet, you are sound like a very limited person. You are the reason that thread is going "poof..."

Would you mind to tell me how was your cruise on Carnival? Is this your first cruise with that line? - What places did you visit? Thanks.

Please go to the carnival board to post this:mad:

And why do you consider the menus(scanned) that coka and others have posted as "their opinion":confused:so i know what will be on our cruise in April.

<...peace and truth to you...>

Please go to the carnival board to post this:mad:

<...peace and truth to you...>

You know what..... I intend to. You people are way too mean over here :p

Rafaella...I'll send you a note when it is posted..and you know what they say about bullies....just ignore them...they'll find someone else to pick on.

You know what..... I intend to. You people are way too mean over here :p

Rafaella...I'll send you a note when it is posted..and you know what they say about bullies....just ignore them...they'll find someone else to pick on.

I don't think I was referring to you, smellmybell:eek: --I think the post was directed to Rafaella.:)

You people are way too mean over here :p

I suppose it could be considered rather "mean" to describe other people as "limited", "smart A..." and "sad" or perhaps it is just representative of a certain unusual sense of humour. I know it took me quite a while before I could get accustomed to the OP's sense of humour.... but now I just love it.

Archived