Tropirock hotel - Ft Lauderdale & things to do one day before cruise.

kchobbs

Hi, we booked this nice quaint hotel called the Tropirock in Ft Lauderdale for two nights proceeding our cruise. It has good reviews and the rate is reasonable .....just under $100.00.

Any comments on this place and also things to see and do near this hotel. Any sites to see within walking distance? There are 4 adults and a one and a half year old son. Places to shop? Nearby beaches, parks? First time to Ft Lauderdale and we would like to do some shopping and site-seeing the day before our cruise.

Water Taxi is a great idea. We enjoyed the day very much. Cost is $10 per person good for all day. It will drop you of at restraunts, the beach or our favorite Los Olas. We went back and rode at night and enjoyed seeing the expensive homes on the waterway all lit up. Really worth the price. :)

What shopping areas around our hotel are worth seeing?

The "Galleria" isn't far from your hotel. Beautiful upscale mall with Nieman Marcus, Sak's Fifth Ave, AberCrombie & Fitch among other fine stores. A food court to die for as well as regular full service restaurants like the Blue Martini and Capital Grille.

http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/about/about.html

Hi, we booked this nice quaint hotel called the Tropirock in Ft Lauderdale for two nights proceeding our cruise. It has good reviews and the rate is reasonable .....just under $100.00.

Any comments on this place and also things to see and do near this hotel. Any sites to see within walking distance? There are 4 adults and a one and a half year old son. Places to shop? Nearby beaches, parks? First time to Ft Lauderdale and we would like to do some shopping and site-seeing the day before our cruise.

We stayed here in Nov. prior to our cruise. It is a trendy little hotel and we loved it. I personally like the smaller hotels rather than the mega ones. It was very clean and neat and the owners were very nice, one even coming to sit with us out by the pool. If I remember correctly it was $84 a night.

It was so easy to find and the morning of the cruise we went straight down ocean blvd. for about six minutes and there was the port entrance.

Missygirl:)

Hi, :) I also stayed there about 3 years ago. Very cute place.

More of a European feel to it, sort of like a Pension.

The rooms are very individualizied (furniture different in each).

It is 2 blocks from the ocean.

Enjoy your stay:)

How did you book this???? I am also looking for a Fort Lauderdale hotel for the night before my cruise.

Hi,:) not sure who you are asking but I booked directly through

the hotel.

They have a website too.

Click on the link below:)

http://www.tropirock.com/index.html

Archived