Prinsendam - Suites - Need some information

Krazy Kruizers

We have been looking at the picture of a suite (S) on the Prinsendam and have a few questions.

Are there any suites larger than others?

Any verandahs larger than others?

I didn't see any area in the drawing where there would be drawers for storage -- are there any?

What is the closet like?

How is the air conditioning on the ship?

We have been looking at the picture of a suite (S) on the Prinsendam and have a few questions.

Are there any suites larger than others?

Any verandahs larger than others?

I didn't see any area in the drawing where there would be drawers for storage -- are there any?

What is the closet like?

How is the air conditioning on the ship?

The suites are all pretty much the same. Go to this link http://community.webshots.com/user/slinkiegrumpy and look for the Prinsendam Suite Album. You will see several photos of S018 After viewing them if you still have questions, I'll be glad to help. All balconies are the same size. If you want to be near the Neptune, Cabins 002, 004, 006 are the best bet.

We had no A/C problems. Slinkie prefers a warmer cabin and there were a few times that the thermostat got turned down and it cooled off pretty fast.

There are a couple of pics of the walkin closet in the album.

There are quite a few drawers, but none under the bed.

Hope this helps

:D We have 350 days in Hal suites and my Wife prefers the suites on the Prinsendam...Their configuration is great and the walk in can be configured to your needs!...It beats the sliding doors on the S and R class ships....Drawer space is not as plentiful as on the R and S class but is adequate....We prefer the Portside suites [# 10,12,14,16,18..] because of their proximity to the Neptune lounge....The dining room layout is very different and it has been our experience that whether you prefer the "rear" or the "Starboard Side" is a function of how many you care to be seated with....The best "Deuces" are in the Starboard section, while the Captains and Hotel Managers table are in the rear center....You will enjoy the Prinsendam.

:D We have 350 days in Hal suites and my Wife prefers the suites on the Prinsendam...Their configuration is great and the walk in can be configured to your needs!...It beats the sliding doors on the S and R class ships....Drawer space is not as plentiful as on the R and S class but is adequate....We prefer the Portside suites [# 10,12,14,16,18..] because of their proximity to the Neptune lounge....The dining room layout is very different and it has been our experience that whether you prefer the "rear" or the "Starboard Side" is a function of how many you care to be seated with....The best "Deuces" are in the Starboard section, while the Captains and Hotel Managers table are in the rear center....You will enjoy the Prinsendam.
You are quite right about suites 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 being preferred for proximity to the Neptune. I'm not sure what I was thinking (or if I was thinking) when I said it would be 2, 4, and 6.

There is an album on my webshots page that has a picture of the dining room layout card with all of the table numbers. The album is... believe it or not... entitled "Prinsendam Dining Room".

The suites are all pretty much the same. Go to this link http://community.webshots.com/user/slinkiegrumpy and look for the Prinsendam Suite Album. You will see several photos of S018 After viewing them if you still have questions, I'll be glad to help. All balconies are the same size. If you want to be near the Neptune, Cabins 002, 004, 006 are the best bet.

Grumpy....

018 is my old cabin.... on five cruises! Excellent location. Handy for the lift and access to the Lido deck.

BUT..... 002, 004 and 006 are not neer the Neptune.... they are one deck higher near the Crow's Nest.

010, 012, 014 are the suites next to the Neptune Loung.

Stephen

Grumpy....

018 is my old cabin.... on five cruises! Excellent location. Handy for the lift and access to the Lido deck.

BUT..... 002, 004 and 006 are not neer the Neptune.... they are one deck higher near the Crow's Nest.

Stephen

Grumpy...

Sorry about that. I see some else had already mentioned this.

Stephen

Do the suite passengers get to have breakfast at the Pinnacle like on the S class ships?
.....After you sail on the Prinsendam, you will be looking to see how soon you can re-book!...The suites are superior to those on R & S class....Breakfast is in the Pinnacle as is the Suite lunch....The Captains, Gunderson and Turner, are two of my favorite three in the whole fleet and if you are aboard when Frits welling is the hotel manager you will see the best that HAL has to offer.....Just my opinion but it is the one I beieve in the most....R.:cool:

Grumpy

Looked at your album - great pictures.

Just wondering where we will store the bermudas and things like that.

We are so used to all those drawers on the R and S class ships.

Is it true -- no door on the closet?

KK.

I think you will find that there is more storage space in the PRINSENDAM suites than on the other ships. There is the large walk in closet... with door. Plenty of hanging space and a good set of shelves.

near the batrooom dor from the sleeping entrance there is a tall bank of drawers... below the TV..... there are two of those! One in the sleeping area and on in the sitting room. There is drawer space below the vanity table and there are sereval lockers etc in the sitting area.

Personally I think the decor of the PRDM suites is far superior to the other ships... any of them. The blue and yellow scheme is very attractive.

The batroom is seperate from teh w.c. and there are two entry doors. One from the sleeping area and one near your front door.

The layout is better also... with the sleeping area and sitting area.

I think the actual cabin floor space is the same as the S class suites but the balcony is smaller so the figure given iin the brochures makes it appear that the PRDM suites are smaller.

Stephen

Grumpy....

Stephen

You and Grumpy probably need a head start on your way to the Lido for more ice cream.....Just leave number 010 for me so I can access that espresso machine and the cookies!!!!.......

You and Grumpy probably need a head start on your way to the Lido for more ice cream.....Just leave number 010 for me so I can access that espresso machine and the cookies!!!!.......

:D

I was in 010 on just one cruise. Handy for Neptune as you say but I still preferred 010. I also had 002 on one cruise and that was very handy for Crow's Nest. Too handy!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Stephen

How crowded does the Lido get for breakfast and lunch?
The lido is a bit more crowded for indoor seating....breakfast in the Pinnacle and good weather or the dining room can solve the problem at lunch if there is one......

:D

I was in 010 on just one cruise. Handy for Neptune as you say but I still preferred 010. I also had 002 on one cruise and that was very handy for Crow's Nest. Too handy!!!!!!!!!!!:p Stephen, when are you going back aboard?.....We are taking that 73 or 78 day FLL/Lisbon around Africa in March/April/May of 2008.

Stephen

OOPS....

We had 018 and it had everything already mentioned AND A RECLINER!!! Oh how great, recline next to the sliding doors, listen to the waves and enjoy, especially with a few goodies from the Neptune. Or stay up late with the bedroom curtain drawn and not disturb anyone.

The layout suggests the grand ships of years ago, curving glass fronted cabinets, a half-bath off the entry that adjoins the master bath. elegant lighting effects. BTW say hello to Jan if he is in the Pinnacle. Our Volendam Pinnacle was a disaster, but on the Prisendam you will love every time, including breakfast and lunch. Hope you get to esperience her soon.

Blessings,

Gail

I was able to locate other pictures and we are very impressed with the ship.

We have sailed on one of her sister ships before she came to HAL and was remodeled to look as she does today. So we are used to this size of a ship.

:confused: Please help me KK...I thought that when they launched the Royal Viking Sun/Prinsendam she was one of a kind??? I see you mention sister ships. Can you tell who they are?...There original and current names if possible. Thanks rob.:confused:

Archived