Prinsendam - Suites - Need some information

Krazy Kruizers

Does anyone know why you're allowed to book more passengers into an S on the Prinsendam than in the PS?
All "S" suites on Prinsendam are listed as triples... 2 lower beds, one sofa. The PS is a king that does not convert to twins, no mention of a sofa bed.

Just back from our Prinsendam cruise and she is a glorious ship!:)

KK, I know you only enjoy the "sweet" life, but all cabins on this ship have ample accommodations for clothing ... more than any I've seen. We had empty drawers.

Of course we were spoiled in in lowly "AA"category Magic Cabin #197 (the best darned cabin on the entire ship if you can't quite reach for a suite). Even there we had a huge walk-in closet and massive cabinet with long, deep drayers and countless shelves.

Stephen, if you return to this thread we so enjoyed your wonderful artwork on this elegant ship. Thank you for those:) .

I took over 700 picture on our cruise ... many of the ship. I'll post them soon and let everyone know.

Just back from our Prinsendam cruise and she is a glorious ship!:) ....

....I took over 700 picture on our cruise ... many of the ship. I'll post them soon and let everyone know.

Please forgive me for interrupting this thread, but I'd like to say, "welcome home, Heather"!:) Hope you had a wonderful cruise on Prinsendam!

Karin

Just back from our Prinsendam cruise and she is a glorious ship!:)

KK, I know you only enjoy the "sweet" life, but all cabins on this ship have ample accommodations for clothing ... more than any I've seen. We had empty drawers.

Of course we were spoiled in in lowly "AA"category Magic Cabin #197 (the best darned cabin on the entire ship if you can't quite reach for a suite). Even there we had a huge walk-in closet and massive cabinet with long, deep drayers and countless shelves.

Stephen, if you return to this thread we so enjoyed your wonderful artwork on this elegant ship. Thank you for those:) .

I took over 700 picture on our cruise ... many of the ship. I'll post them soon and let everyone know.

Heather,

Many thanks and it is great to hear that you enjoyed PRINSENDAM. She is a very special ship. I look forward to the photos!

Happy Christmas!

Stephen

:confused: Please help me KK...I thought that when they launched the Royal Viking Sun/Prinsendam she was one of a kind??? I see you mention sister ships. Can you tell who they are?...There original and current names if possible. Thanks rob.:confused:

Rob,

The original Royal Viking trio were ROYAL VIKING SEA, ROYAL VIKING SKY adn ROYAL VIKING STAR. Smaller ships... not by much though. Very elegant and IMO... a bit nicer than the SUN.

The three are still sailing today.... Fred Olsen has two of them... BLACK WATCH and BOUDICCA and the third one....

DOUG! WHERE ARE YOU!

Memory block............

Stephen

Thank you, Karin:) ... Prinsendam is the BEST!!!! (personal taste, of course).

Royal Viking Sun had no "twin" sisters and was built (as Stephen pointed out) after the Sea, Star and Sea. I believe she was built to be the "piece de resistance" of the Royal Viking Line and later sailed as a Seabourne ship (I think "Sun"?) before HAL purchased her.

I know the Star became the "Westward" for awhile on NCL and I can't remember after that. I agree with Stephen ... where is Doug when we need him???:D

The major problem on the Sea was the dining room in the center of the ship. If you wanted to go from bow to stern you had to go up or down a flight because the dining room divided the ship. Still, magnificent ships! ... my favorite cruise line in their day.

Sorry ... I know I veered off topic. I apologize:o .

Welcome Home, Heather.

It's so nice to know that you share our feelings about the Prinsendam. We'll give you a little time to collect your thoughts and get settled in before we start nagging for details about the cruise.... OK, times up! We want details!:D

Rob,

The original Royal Viking trio were ROYAL VIKING SEA, ROYAL VIKING SKY adn ROYAL VIKING STAR. Smaller ships... not by much though. Very elegant and IMO... a bit nicer than the SUN.

The three are still sailing today.... Fred Olsen has two of them... BLACK WATCH and BOUDICCA and the third one....

DOUG! WHERE ARE YOU!

Memory block............

Stephen

The Sea is now Phoenix Reisen's Albatross 2.

The Sea is now Phoenix Reisen's Albatross 2.

Grumpy,

That's the one!

Heather....

Yes, the RVL ships were excellent but I prefer the SAGAFJORD and VISTAFJORD... they were a bit more 'traditional'... more 'shippy'.

Stephen

PS: I think Doug must be asleep at the key board!:D

.....and if you are aboard when Frits welling is the hotel manager you will see the best that HAL has to offer.....

Are you maybe referring to Frits Gehner?

PS: I think Doug must be asleep at the key board!:D

Doug never sleeps; he's probably doing cruise ship research;)

PS

Welcome home Heather; glad to hear you enjoyed Prinsendam!

Rob,

DOUG! WHERE ARE YOU!

Memory block............

Stephen

Stephen, we cruised on the Star. those three ships were THE Royal Viking Line. To my knowlege the Royal Viking Sun had no sister ships. She was the most luxurious cruise ship afloat at that time, in my opinion. She was the first with verandas at launch..I found our ash trays from the Sagafjord and there was "NAC" just as you said.....:confused:

Are you maybe referring to Frits Gehner?

Thanks John, I had a 74 year old brain cramp...

Doug never sleeps; he's probably doing cruise ship research;)

PS

Welcome home Heather; glad to hear you enjoyed Prinsendam!

Thanks John, you are correct.....Had a brain cramp...

The Royal Viking Star was built in 1971.

We were on her in 1992 when she was owned by NCL and was called the Norwegian Westward. She is indeed now the Black Watch.

KK.

I cruised in the ROYAL VIKING STAR in 1991 ( was on board when the bombing of Iraq started... 17th January:eek: ) and I sailed in her again twice in 1992 as WESTWARD. Royal Viking and NCL.... as different as caviar and fish fingers! But I still had fun on the WESTWARD... note... not NORWEGIAN WESTWARD.. just WESTWARD... or WESTWEED!!!!!!!!!:D

The Royal Viking Star Waltz,,,,,,,,,,,

Here she sails away

Like a French palais

With the Lords and Ladies smiling.

We have left the world on the shore...

That's what paradaise boats are for.

She's a lovely sight,

O'er the waves so bright....

Like a royal swan she's gliding.

We be all are going far.........

On the Royal Viking Star.........

On the Royal Viking Star.

Stephen

Stephen, we missed you by a year! We were on the NCL Westward in 1992 ... NY to Bermuda. The ship had deteriorated terribly and was a shadow of it's former self, but I have to admit we had one of our favorite times on that cruise!

We were on the Royal Viking Sea in the Mediterranean for 2 weeks in 1985 ... our honeymoon:) . Those were the days.

Oh, the Royal Viking Sea! My only RV cruise was on that ship. What a wonderful time I had! :) The ship, officers, staff, crew, food entertainment---everything was wonderful.

I would love to sail like that again.

Leaving tonight to meet up the Prinsendam on Friday, I'll be in cabin 004 so I'll report from onboard on how the S's stack up to the other ships. Looking forward to my first cruise on the Prinsendam!
We'll be looking for your reports. We hope you have a wonderful cruise. Your suite is in a great location. Go out your door, turn left, take about a dozen steps and settle into a nice comfy chair in the Crow's Nest. It doesn't get any better.:D

Stephen, we missed you by a year! We were on the NCL Westward in 1992 ... NY to Bermuda. The ship had deteriorated terribly and was a shadow of it's former self, but I have to admit we had one of our favorite times on that cruise!

We were on the Royal Viking Sea in the Mediterranean for 2 weeks in 1985 ... our honeymoon:) . Those were the days.

Heather...

No, 1992... Same year.

Do you rmember an Assistant Purser by the name of Michelle? Bright red hair. She and I were 'stepping out' for about two years. :) She later became Chief Purser and the Hotel Manager.

Stephen

Heather...

No, 1992... Same year.

Do you rmember an Assistant Purser by the name of Michelle? Bright red hair. She and I were 'stepping out' for about two years. :) She later became Chief Purser and the Hotel Manager.

Stephen

Hahahahahahaha!!!! ROTFLOL! Sure, Stephen ... I remember! Isn't that 15 years ago or so???? You're kidding, right?:D Seriously, no I really don't remember her but I sure remember they called them Pursers back then. Remember the Pursers Office instead of the Front Desk? I liked it better, but ..........

I see now you said you sailed on the Star 1991 and the Westward 1992. What was funny to me was that even when it changed over the Royal Viking emblem was everywhere and they still had those wonderful fringed red plaid blankets in the staterooms.

As you can see, if I can't remember what you wrote yesterday, I definitely can't remember 15 years ago;) . Although they say there comes a time that the long term memory kicks in real well ... that hasn't happened for me yet:D .

When we checked out the S Suites by the Crow's Nest, the color theme was reversed. Much more cheery yellow than the sedate blue in 018. However I didn't see any of the other suites on our deck so maybe there were some yellow as well. Nor can I verify a recliner in each suite. Have a wonderful voyage. Blessings, Gail

Archived