How to reserve a dinner time at Portofino's?

As soon as you board, go to Portofino's and make your reservation. If you are going on the Explorer, Portofino's is right beside the Windjammer so you will probably be going there for lunch upon boarding anyway. Don't wait as it fills up fast. You cannot do it ahead of time, only aboard. You can call from your cabin phone, but we went straight to the restaurant and booked because it was much faster rather than wait for the stateroom to be cleaned.

As soon as you get to your stateroom, check the binder on your desk. It will include the extension number for Chops and Portofinos (if your ship features them). Pick up the phone, dial them, and they will be pleased to take your reservation...

LL

Ok, ok--no need to rush! Everyone says to do it FIRST THING--not necessary! And, should you decide you'd like to eat in Portofinos one night when you didn't make a reservation, just walk up to the door, and ask to be seated! They take walk-ins without reservations!!!! Nice to know!

Ok, ok--no need to rush! Everyone says to do it FIRST THING--not necessary! And, should you decide you'd like to eat in Portofinos one night when you didn't make a reservation, just walk up to the door, and ask to be seated! They take walk-ins without reservations!!!! Nice to know!

I hate to disagree, but on our Explorer cruise ALL the reservations were gone by 5:00 on the first day as our friends tried and were turned away. They said they would call if they got a cancellation and supposedly there was 1 other couple ahead of them and they never got called.

I would make your reservations ASAP

An advantage to making the reservation right at the restaurant is that they have all the menus for the main dining room for the week. This gives you the opportunity to review them and to decide which night you would prefer to opt for the alternatative dining.

I have to agree with Sue L. When we were on Navigator last week, we talked to some folks who waited too long to make a reservation and they were unable to get one. I'd take care of it right away.

Enjoy - the food and service is wonderful.

If you have time plan ahead what day you want to go...........a Sea Day you definetly need to make reservations as soon as you get on the ship.......they will fill up quickly.........if you go on a day the ship is in a port, they don't fill up as fast..........but why wait......

CB why do you say this all the time? IT"S NOT TRUE!!!!!!! The only night people could walk in on Mariner was the first night. Every other night was booked. You keep telling people this wrong info. How many Portofino's have you been to yourself? Others have corrected you too. When will you stop saying this?

OP

Make your reservations as soon as you can. The restaurants (Portofino and Chops) book quickly. I asked about walk-ins last week and was told, NO, the reservations were full. I have posted on other posts that CB has said the same thing, just because they have empty seats, doesn't mean you can walk in. They serve only a certain number of people per night, and have only a certain number in the restaurant at a time so that the service is perfect.

I know you will enjoy Portofino and your cruise.

Katie

Archived