***live From The Sun Princess*** (12/10/06)

arlenemilt

Hi all..........

As promised I'm going to try my hand at this "Live From." So, here I am in the internet cafe post dinner. Very pleasantly surprised seeing so many computers. Last time I was on this ship there was one tiny room with 4 units. Now if they all continue to work properly.........:p

Boarding was uneventful; got to the port a little after one and was in our cabin by 1:30. Of course we did have preferred boarding, being Elite status. We're a group of 8 and two other couples already have problems; broken safes. Thankfully ours is OK.

Got our luggage almost immediately and was unpacked by 4:00PM, just in time for Muster. Our balcony cabin is smallish, but everything has a spot and the balcony chairs are quite comfy.

We have chosen personal choice dining, though I did try to get a definite res for 7:00 PM. No can do. The maitre de' however, who I'm acquainted with from a previous cruise, did split the difference. So we now have a great oval table at 6:30. Our waiter is Andrew (pronounced Andre') from Romania as is our Head Waiter Florian. I know Florian; several other cruises. He recognized me too and promised some dinner surprises. We'll wait and see.

I haven't checked out the ship yet and don't really want to do the Welcome Aboard show. However, to keep Milt happy I will meet him there at 9:00 PM. There's going to be trivia in the Atrium at 10:00 PM and the pianist there is Eric Stone. The vocal entertainer tonight is Tony Cherry; I've never heard of him. John Clelford, one of my "ahem" favorites, is the CD.

That's all I can report right now. I deliberately didn't mention what I had for dinner, since the only thing I liked was the broccoli. And the rolls. :D

Signing off for now.

Arlene

Arlene, thank you for taking the time to do this Live from the Sun. We are on the April 2008 Sydney to SF on the Sun and are interested to hear what shape she is in. Well let me be the first to say that your first post is great. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the rest of your cruise.

Thanks again.

Judy

Hey Arlene, thanks for starting this so soon. Now I will have two live froms to keep us entertained. I know you don't intend to be as prolific as Tony and Bill but I'm sure what you do post will be very informative. We'll take what we can get.

cgoingmon. . .I am also on the Sydney to SF in April '08. If you haven't already, come join our roll call. You won't be sorry. It's a great group and loads of information about all the ports. Here's a link to the roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=363635

Arlene, just as I predicted you are going to do a great job in your "Live from the Sun". You have made a good start already. It was on the Sun that my friends were missing their luggage for the whole 10 days just 7 weeks ago so I am glad to hear you got yours ok. I am going to visit them in Colorado this weekend so I will have them read your Live and they can compare how your cruise is going vs how theirs was back in October. Enjoy your cruise!!!!!:D

Mary

P.S. Coral, are you going to do a "Live from the Star" in 5 days?

Good Morning all.........

We've already lost an hour's worth of sleep. Clocks went ahead last night, we stayed up late and this morning's alarm rang at the usual 6:30. Milt and I are creatures of habit; must go to the gym before the treadmills fill up. There are only 8 of them, though this morning gym was almost empty.

Let's get the noro out of the way first. You cannot touch food at all; any of it. You cannot enter the Horizon Court or the diningroom w/o someone putting sanitizer in your hands or you putting your hands under the little machine. You cannot help yourself to anything except ice water, which means putting your glass underneath and pressing the button. I realize that right now the ship is "gun shy," but hope it'll ease up as the cruise progresses. Somehow I don't think so.

The ship is clean. Most of it. One of our friend's had dust in her cabin a mile thick and also torn carpeting. Not good, but they promised to take care of it STAT. Our cabin is spotless. We're getting an egg crate mattress this morning; I don't need it, though Milt says he'd like it. We have the new linens and duvet; must have high thread count; very very nice. Shower head good; hot water very plentiful.

The Captain is Roger Bilton, not someone I've cruised with previously. I'll get to meet him "up close and personal" tomorrow, since we've already been invited to the TOP 40 most travelled luncheon. I wonder where we stand in the "ratings." :D

My breakfast this AM was swiss cheese and 3 slices of tomato. Yes Tony, today is a cheese day. Milt of course ate the menu. :D He does settle down after 2 or 3 days.

Stacey, I don't know how entertaining I'll be, but not for lack of trying. As for entertainment, tonight's agenda is a production show called TRIBUTE and another show starring a comedy ventriloquist. Both shows will be repeated tomorrow. Suffered through part of the Welcome show last night; lead singer is a Neil Diamond "wannabe." Uh Uh.........past his prime and didn't make it. :( We played trivia; got 18 out of 20 and lost. Don't you just hate that?

Tonight is formal night; perfect for people who hate to dress. Milt is not doing a tux this trip and my dressy clothes are not so dressy.

Enough jabbering for now. Will try to check in twice a day, but forgive me if I'm too busy. LOL

Arlene

Good Morning Arlene, pleased to hear you made it on board with all your luggage. With the new duvet did you really need to bring your "blankie"? Although you are off to a great start this cruise is for you to enjoy and relax so don't feel you have to attempt to keep up with Tony (hope he finally made it to his destination) and Bill.

Remember there is alway cluck cluck on the menu, a meal of broccoli is hardly enough. Hate the fact that noro has struck the Sun, please, both you and Milt stay well.

Enjoy the Sun, she has always been one of our favorite. Barb

Good Morning Arlene, pleased to hear you made it on board with all your luggage. With the new duvet did you really need to bring your "blankie"? Although you are off to a great start this cruise is for you to enjoy and relax so don't feel you have to attempt to keep up with Tony (hope he finally made it to his destination) and Bill.

. Barb

Barb: No blankie on this trip. I only take one on the very long cruises; has to be at least a month or more. I have lots of expendable comforters. I'm a linen freak. :) Time to check out the shops and then trivia

Arlene

Arlene .....Passengers may have to get used to permanently " not touching anything " in the future . Same thing happened to us on the Island Princess in Nov . The Noro got so rampant the public bathroom doors were kept open .

Have fun .

T must still be trying to get to his destination . Have not heard a peep from him in 20 hours .

Arlene, thanks for the live reports. Keep them up. We will be on b2bs in March. On the noro stuff, the Toronto paper is reporting today that the RCI Freedom of the Seas was being held in port for an extra day to do more cleaning and they were going to have 2 extra doctors on board and 45 more cleaning staff when she does finally sail a day late.

Enjoy....

Arlene .....Passengers may have to get used to permanently " not touching anything " in the future . Same thing happened to us on the Island Princess in Nov . The Noro got so rampant the public bathroom doors were kept open .

Yup they Keep them open on the Golden also!;)

Have fun .

T must still be trying to get to his destination . Have not heard a peep from him in 20 hours .

He said, 32 hours, so we'll have to wait, I Guess!;) A & I'll will keep you busy until he's back, won't we Arlene?:eek: Bill

Hi all..........

As promised I'm going to try my hand at this "Live From." So, here I am in the internet cafe post dinner. Very pleasantly surprised seeing so many computers. Last time I was on this ship there was one tiny room with 4 units. Now if they all continue to work properly.........

How many are there Now on the Sun?(19 in IC on Golden)) Is there any extra in the Library?(3 on Golden) Are any of then locking up or random rebooting?(Not anymore on the Golden, Finally:D )

We have chosen personal choice dining, though I did try to get a definite res for 7:00 PM. No can do. The maitre de' however, who I'm acquainted with from a previous cruise, did split the difference. So we now have a great oval table at 6:30.

Great, the Best we could get was 6:15PM, but we come late sometimes , 10 minutes! (But our table for 4 (2) in Front of the Big Window in the Donatello DR is to Die For!:D

That's all I can report right now. I deliberately didn't mention what I had for dinner, since the only thing I liked was the broccoli. And the rolls.

Arlene, How many diferent ways, can they fix, Broccoli & Rolls in 10 Days?:eek: :D

Can you say Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................?:D

Signing off for now.

Arlene

Thanks again for a Great, 1st Report! Bill

He said, 32 hours, so we'll have to wait, I Guess!;) A & I'll will keep you busy until he's back, won't we Arlene?:eek: Bill

Between you Big Bro and Big Sis I will be a busy bee till Little Bro starts another Live . Something is very wrong with this picture my family are all on cruises and I have to go to work now . :(

Arlene, just as I predicted you are going to do a great job in your "Live from the Sun". You have made a good start already. It was on the Sun that my friends were missing their luggage for the whole 10 days just 7 weeks ago so I am glad to hear you got yours ok. I am going to visit them in Colorado this weekend so I will have them read your Live and they can compare how your cruise is going vs how theirs was back in October. Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Mary

P.S. Coral, are you going to do a "Live from the Star" in 5 days?

Will be doing a Live from the Star.......... Starting 2/3/07 for a 7 Day Quickie! :D (While Tony is Cruising Anarticia:( , oh Well I'll be on with Him;) on the Pacific 4/24 in Syd to PPT 22 Days, then 36 more days for us, PPT to Vancouver & RT Alaska! Yippie!:D ) Got to get our Pacific Princess Sealegs before we Embark on the PP 102 Day + 6 WC 1/10/08:eek: ! Bill

Good Morning all.........

We've already lost an hour's worth of sleep. Clocks went ahead last night, we stayed up late and this morning's alarm rang at the usual 6:30. Milt and I are creatures of habit; must go to the gym before the treadmills fill up. There are only 8 of them, though this morning gym was almost empty.

Got an extra hours Sleep, again, these 25 Hr days at Sea are a Real Struggle!:D We are now only 2 hrs ahead of EST!

Irene up at 7AM and off to the Gym, Bill still in Bed, and considering a Shower to wake up! & then off to Wor_!:eek:

Let's get the noro out of the way first. You cannot touch food at all; any of it. You cannot enter the Horizon Court or the diningroom w/o someone putting sanitizer in your hands or you putting your hands under the little machine.

It is Quiet on the Golden re: the Above, so far, Knock on wood!

Our cabin is spotless. We're getting an egg crate mattress this morning; I don't need it, though Milt says he'd like it. We have the new linens and duvet; must have high thread count; very very nice. Shower head good; hot water very plentiful.

Same on the Golden, but we passed on the Egg Crate!

My breakfast this AM was swiss cheese and 3 slices of tomato. Yes Tony, today is a cheese day. Milt of course ate the menu. :D He does settle down after 2 or 3 days.

Arlene you're going to starve on that Ship, Please eat something else, Please!:eek:

Stacey, I don't know how entertaining I'll be, but not for lack of trying.

You're one of the Best, entertaining, that is!:D

Enough jabbering for now. Will try to check in twice a day, but forgive me if I'm too busy. LOL

You Better, I'll be counting!

Arlene

Thanks Again, A! Bill

Between you Big Bro and Big Sis I will be a busy bee till Little Bro starts another Live . Something is very wrong with this picture my family are all on cruises and I have to go to work now . :(

Someone in the "Family" has to earn some Bread, or we'll All be in the Bread line soon, with all these cruises!:eek: :D :eek: Bill

Arlene,

Where's all the food. Is the Sun starving you or what? Broccoli, swiss cheese and a tomato?:eek: In two days? I'm either impressed with your will power or the Sun Princess. Just kidding!:)

Anyway you are doing great 'LIVE from the SUN' keep it coming.

Thanks again,

Dollar Bill aboard the Golden:)

:) Arlene, enjoying your "live from". been reading Bill's live from and Tony's and now another new one. i've been quietly (mostly) reading and enjoying the cruises. when i read about all the places and number of cruises you all take i am happy for you-all to be able to cruise so often and to experience places many of us only dream about.

have a really dumb question for you. i am sure you have been to sydney---did you have any difficulties obtaining pepsi close by the quay? i mean i realize it isn't exactly uncivilized but really need my daily pepsi fix(es).

know that your posts are greatly appreciated.

these threads are really great. thank you Arlene, Bill and Tony and anyother person who is so kind as to take the time to post.:) :)

OK, here I am on a 2 hour layover one of many on my way to Christchurch in Seoul, South Korea. Thought I would pop in and say hello to you....so I guess tomorrow is an egg day right?:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Archived