Question about rate reductions?????

In the past whenever I had a reservation (although most times were with reservations made directly thru RCCL) and the price went down I would call and get refund (even after final payment). Now I have this reservation made thru online agency (I transeferred a previous reservation to RCCL) for January 14 on Radiance. The price as gone down not once but now again. I called the first time and they tell me it is only for NEW reservations. Has anyone gotten refunds recently when the "*" is next to price of cruise and the asterisk says for new reservations only. Thank you in advance.

they may decide to crack down on the - new bookings only clause- posted on the site- if after final payment it would mean no more reductions- hope they do not do this- it will cause us to wait to book last minute for the best price- instead of booking months out- guess we will see what rci finds most beneficial to them-

I booked our Splendour cruise through an online travel agency, ex___dia. We booked our JS originally for 729 each (I think) - then I saw the JS dropped down to $599. I called Ex---dia, explained about the price drop. Our cruise was paid in full at that time - but we paid before the final payment was actually due. I told the travel agent that if I had to, I would cancel our cabin and then rebook - She said "no problem, let me call RCI." I waited on hold - she came back with the good news - We saved 260 dollars. I'm so glad I called! The only problem now, is the website on the onsite TA shows that I have a negative balance of $260 and that a payment is now overdue. I've called them twice now, asking them to fix the webpage - and we still haven't received the refund money. It should all iron itself out.

good luck - i hope you get the best price possible. I just checked the prices again - and now they are back up again. A JS would cost $799 now - we got it for $599, yippee!!

I also got price drops even though it had an * saying it was for new bookings only. I booked through a TA and got $50 pp off about 2 weeks ago, then I saw it dropped again yesterday and got another $50 pp off and my parents (who are over 55) got another $100 pp off.

Keep after who you booked it through, they should honor it. Good luck!!

Misti

I just got off of the phone with someone in reservations who refused to honor a price drop because I had made final payment (early, I may add, as it is not due yet). A quick call to the Crown and Anchor number and ... viola ... a quick price drop with a gracious rep.

I just got off of the phone with someone in reservations who refused to honor a price drop because I had made final payment (early, I may add, as it is not due yet). A quick call to the Crown and Anchor number and ... viola ... a quick price drop with a gracious rep.

Another "advantage" of calling the C & A number vs. regular reservations, assuming you are C & A.

Archived