Interior Stateroom Guarantee questions

For an upcoming cruise we are booked in an cat N Interior Stateroom with a nice location. We are making final payment in one week. Today, the price of an Interior Stateroom "guarantee" has dopped significantly, and we could really use the extra money we would save. $300 bucks. Hubby says he doesnt care where we are on the ship as long as we are sailing, but I am skeptical of what we will end up with.

For those of you who have sailed Interior Guarantee, did you ever end up with any nightmare room locations? I get nervous about possibility of front of ship due to movement. We are on Mariner, so that is a nice size ship, but still.

I am very tempted to just go guarantee and collect the $$ I would save, but since I have never done it before I am nervous. Stories, advice please?

I had a g. stateroom at the Galaxy in August. I payed 800 euros per person for a 10 night MED. cruise. People at our table had the same cat. inside stateroom and were paying 1300+ euro per person. We had the best location, Penthouse deck (no noise at all) and a few steps from the pooldeck.

For an upcoming cruise we are booked in an cat N Interior Stateroom with a nice location. We are making final payment in one week. Today, the price of an Interior Stateroom "guarantee" has dopped significantly, and we could really use the extra money we would save. $300 bucks. Hubby says he doesnt care where we are on the ship as long as we are sailing, but I am skeptical of what we will end up with.

For those of you who have sailed Interior Guarantee, did you ever end up with any nightmare room locations? I get nervous about possibility of front of ship due to movement. We are on Mariner, so that is a nice size ship, but still.

I am very tempted to just go guarantee and collect the $$ I would save, but since I have never done it before I am nervous. Stories, advice please?

I did an interior g. on the Grandeur for an unbelievable price last year. We ended up with a center deck 3 location. We were able to go on this "surprise" trip b/c of the price. But if you are concerned, I would suggest you online to check what interior rooms are available and that would give you an idea to where the remaining interior rooms are located. The Mariner is a beautiful ship, I hope you have a great time.

It may be important to note, that my husband and I have cruised a bit but the room category has never been that important to us....If your location is important to your enjoyment, consider carefully. It really all comes down to personal preference.

Enjoy your vacation whatever your decision is....Happy Holidays!

You can call customer service at RCI and ask them the location of your particular guarantee cabin. This doesn't mean you will definitely be there but you might. I once inquired about 3 different categories of guarantee cabins and don't think I would have liked any of them. One was a guarantee front lower deck. One was either front or back lower deck and the third was front or back next to the bottom deck. Unless you can live with the guaranteed location, you should pay for the best category guarantee you can live with.

For those of you who have sailed Interior Guarantee, did you ever end up with any nightmare room locations?
In 2001 we booked an inside guarantee to Alaska. Without our approval, they put us in a cabin that had a window! All that light streaming in, all those scenic views. The nerve!!!;)

If you don't want to risk getting a terrible room, don't do the guarantee. It's true, they may give you something completely acceptable--hell, they may even upgrade you!--but you can never know for sure!

We always book a specifice room number--I want to know in advance where I'll be spending my vacation!

The vast majority of cabins will be just fine so your odds of getting a "bad" cabin are relatively small. Although there are some risks going with a guarantee, when you consider the amount of money you will save, I'd go for it. IMO the certainty of saving $$ outweighs the very small downside risk.

Perhaps you could call RCI and find out how full the ship is in your categories. We don't mind interior on shorter cruises, and have never had a problem with the cabin we got. Everything has tradeoffs, so is the $300 in your pocket for shopping, excursions or payment towards another cruise worth not knowing your exact cabin? Are interior cabin categories different sizes? Do you like being close to an elevator, on higher deck, near center of ship?

Also, read other reads about your particular ship. There may be clues as to what to do.

If it was me, I would book inside guarantee. It is a bit like the lottery but you will win a wonderful cruise no matter what!!

Good luck on whatever you choose!

Report back please on how it turned out.

Well I have decided to just stay where we are. I despise calling RCI customer service (they are always so rude and today was no different), so I feel more comfortable just staying where I am and enjoying my prime location cabin which I hand picked when we booked the cruise.

Thanks so much for the wonderful responses. I really appreciate your all helping me come to my decision!!!!!! :D

I just wanted to say I think you did the right thing. You are a person who used the words "prime location" and "hand-picked"; I am relieved for you that you decided to stay where you originally chose to be. Some folks are easier and carefree about where they stay on the ship. I myself am super-picky, so I can appreciate a stateroom choice that had some homework/thought behind it.

Have a wonderful trip, and before that, rest easy. :)

Leslie

Archived