Jewel Of the Seas vs Century

NickFank

Next year i would like a cruise on the North Europe.It is Jewel that the Century offer a beautiful itinerary but i'm undecided between Jewel and Century.What is the difference between Jewel and Celebrity?What is the best ship for you?And why?:D

Here are my two cents:

We've sailed twice on Jewel - loved the ship and everything about it. But we are big fans of Celebrity and we love M class ship, which Century is not, but after full make over I've heard she is very beautiful ship. I think you will be happy whichever you choose. I would go whoever has best itinerary and price.

We did the Northern Europe itinerary on the Jewel in 2004. Just got back from a four day sailing on the century. Would not sail that ship again. There is no place to lounge in bad weather which we had most of the time. The Jewel has an indoor pool area where you can sit.Very useful even in July

TWO BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL SHIPS!!! I do not see how you can go wrong on either ship. The CENTURY is recently refurbished and the JEWEL OF THE SEAS has to be the most beautiful ship out there. If you are looking for a more subdued cruise then CENTURY will do nicely...classical and warm. If you want more activities onboard then I would say JEWEL will fill the bill. Either way you will have a great cruise.:D

Appreciate this ques & the responses as we have two trips booked on Century ( short carib & medit) & then a 7 day Carib on Jewel... been on Brilliance previously, I would agree that Jewel is probably best for carib type cruise but noticed that our Europe itin is so port intensive--we won't have much time on the ship---Sad that century lost the T pool!

We sailed Jewel in June to the Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords. It was the best cruise we've had so far. The ship is gorgeous, the food was fantastic--even better than the other RCI and Celebrity cruises. The service, entertainment, activities and excursions were super. I can't recommend Jewel enough for this cruise.

If you want to cruise next summer, better book now if there are any cabins left. We booked 13 months ahead of our 6/19/06 cruise and the ship filled up fast. We chose the June sailing because it went to Dublin instead of Belfast. We sailed with friends, who chose Jewel over Connie because they wanted to go to Amsterdam instead of Copenhagen. I am glad we sailed Jewel. It was such a great cruise!

We booked a 3-night pre-stay in London and it was so much fun. Our British friends from our first cruise met us at the hotel and took us on a walking tour right after we arrived on Fri. 6/16. This included Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, St. James park and many more sights close to our hotel.

We had booked a motorcoach tour of Leeds Castle, Canterbury and Dover through Evan-Evans, a UK tour company, and did that the next day. On the 3rd day we took the double-decker sightseeing bus (hop on-hop off) to the Tower of London and also rode the London Eye and took the included boat ride on the Thames. Then rode the bus around London some more, stopping at St. James cathedral. It was a perfect prelude to our cruise.

While we were on the ship, DH overheard other cruisers raving about two other itineraries--Mexican Riviera and Aust/NZ. Guess what? Right after we got home he asked me to start researching Mex. Riv. cruises and then call our TA and book. We are sailing Mercury on 1/29. Now we are planning to book Aust/NZ (also on Mercury) while on the the cruise.

6 weeks till we leave for San Diego! :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London.

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

We can offer some advice here, having just got off a 5-night trip on Century out of Miami and we were on Jewel for 7 nights out of Boston in October. Both are great ships, and each does some things very well so it is a matter of personal choice. We tend to decide where we want to go and then choose the ship that best matches it - inevitably we have favourites, but we haven't had a bad cruise yet! Century's makeover is great - the Martini bar and Murano are both fantastic. On both ships we chose high-end accommodations (Owner's Suite on Jewel, Royal Suite on Century) and both were excellent. Both ships have outdoor eating areas (a must-have for us) and we ate most meals outside on both cruises, although the rain in Halifax in October drove us indoors! Jewel is bigger and newer, but Century feels more traditional.

Even on a Northern European itinerary the weather will often be good enough to get outside regularly. Jewel does have the indoor pool that Century doesn't but we only used the outdoor pool in New England in October anyway (funny that the only other people we encountered in the pool were also Brits!).

All in all either ship will give you a great cruise. We like both and probably rate them equally. Restaurant meals are probably better on Celebrity than RCCI, but then in our opinion RCCI does buffets better than Celebrity.

Archived