Will we have enough time?

theduffys

YIKES!!! We just recevied word that our flight out of LAX on Jan 6th has been changed from 2:20P to 12:27P.!!! Will we have enough time to make the flight after debarking in San Pedro? I am going into meltdown over this. We leave for the West Coast on Thurs.

can u request early embarkation/disembarkation on your cruise?? call the cruise line and ask, or see when you get on board. i know usually they get you off by 12noon

but the traffic in LA , can be bad, it takes about 35-40 minutes to get to LAX from san pedro with no traffic.....

cross your fingers

good luck, have a great cruise

Melissa

YIKES!!! We just recevied word that our flight out of LAX on Jan 6th has been changed from 2:20P to 12:27P.!!! Will we have enough time to make the flight after debarking in San Pedro?

If everything goes right, you will make it. Meaning the Homeland Security agents get there when the ship arrives, there are enough agents, everyone that needs to report does, the ship gets in on time, and if there are only two you take a cab. Last time in San Pedro, we were supposed to be called about 8:00 to 8:15, we weren't called until after 10:00. We made our 12:45 flight out of LAX, after a shuttle ride that would make a NASCAR driver proud. There were six of us, and we had reserved a shuttle.

A couple of things. If you are very worried about the change in time, call the airline to see if you can get another time. See what flights leave after your flight. They should not charge you a fee because this change is due to them.

I do think you should be OK though. The key is to get off the ship with early disembarkation and that you have transportation waiting to take you to the airport. So, think through getting a private car to take you to LAX. Ideally, you do want to get to LAX two hours before your flight. That is what most airlines recommend for that Airport as it is clearly one of the most crowded ones in the USA.

Now, I'm assuming your ship gets into San Pedro on the weekend (ours did) and it takes about 45 minutes to get to LAX on the weekend, but if it's a weekday that's an entirely different story.

Anway, I would first see if there are any other flight options, just so you know.

Keith

Archived