Just back...the answers to sneaking booze, soda, & bottled water!

Wilson

We usually have three large suitcases for a seven day cruise. We find that with careful packing, we can carry 14 cartons of Perrier, 3 cases of National Bohemian (can't stand that Heineken on the ship), 8-10 bottles of Beringer's of various vintage, 4 half gallons of Jack Daniels, a portable icemaker (for the Perrier), 6 cases of A&W Diet Root Beer, (caffein-free), and a partridge is a flippin' pear tree. My mother would be so proud! :D

LL

P.S. - Our clothes and stuff go in our carry-ons. With all the goodies in our luggage, we seldom have to leave the cabin...;)

Good morning LL.............as you and I have discussed recently..........:)

We had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM on the Radiance in October...........

We followed the rules:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

why would anyone ruin good liquor by putting it in a mouthwash bottle?? :eek:

we have taken rum (original plastic bottle, double jumbo-ziplocked and wrapped in a beach towel) or some wine (again, wrapped and re-wrapped) aboard in checked luggage and have never had any trouble (for a cocktail on the balcony or while getting ready for dinner). we did get a bottle of grand marnier taken when boarding carnival (it was our first cruise) but it was returned at the end of the trip (thank goodness). usually we just let the bartenders do the work, though ;)

But please don't take glass bottles in your checked luggage without adequate protection!! I don't want your booze on my clothes!! :eek:

My sister sent me this photo from aboard the Grandeur of the Seas out of New Orleans on December 9, 2006. It was her husband's first cruise and he was afraid to bring the original bottles as I told them that he could do. He went so far as to use food coloring to make the mouthwash look authentic. I asked her why she was sending me pictures of mouthwash and was quite amused when she told me what was really in the bottles. It was vodka.

1351802857_VodkaGrandeurdec92006.jpg.1c0761398840675d749630f1e1216e36.jpg

rosie40: I don't mind at all - it's not "my" recipe. Share away! :D

RockinRobin: A cookie bakeoff sounds WONDERFUL!!! Count me in!

BearySweet2Cruise: With this recipe, nobody will care if you're Betty Crocker! :p

forpaws: I would love to join you in the floataway lounge. I've never been there... probably shouldn't go. I obsess enough over here trying to read (and reread) anything I can about cruising. I'll be on my first in February - can't stand the anticipation!

mommabean: The food coloring is toooooo funny! Funny in that your brother-in-law thought about the food coloring to make it authentic, but not thinking about why someone would need so MUCH mouth wash for the duration of a cruise! (Unless they went on an around the world cruise?!) LOL Thanks for the laugh!

Plastic flasks filled with liquor: Success. Two large plastic flasks

One unopened 750ml bottle of Crown Royal: Success.

We purchased two bottles of Crown Royal while on the ship.

Do you guys own stock in Crown Royal, or did you fall off that 12-step staircase?:D

750ml???? Strange seeing a Texan use the metric system!:D

Thanks for the info: I hope Fort Lauderdale is as relaxed as Galveston.

Just off the Vision. No problems with alcohol packed in our luggage. Ended up bringing mine home unopened. I found a loophole that allowed me to buy alcohol.

When I went to complete my set sail pass online I changed my age to make myself 21 and when I checked in at the terminal it wasn't noticed. I was able to buy alcohol with my own card the whole week. Although I was not once asked for any picture ID so I could just as easily have been using someone elses card.

Someone I was with was who is actually 21 was asked for ID but only once or twice. They were also asked if they were 21 a couple of times but never needed to show ID to prove it. I was never even asked that much.

Your post sounds as if you are proud of this,correct me if I am wrong.

i got to hand to some of my fellow cruise critic geeksters out there...it sounds as though some of us are packing for a month long drink fest...i thought i was bad with the case of dt mt dew and case of aquafina water...my brother in law usually brings along a case of his favorite...BLATZ...has anyone gotten caught putting it thru the checked in baggage...not the carry one...if you try to carry it on your asking for trouble...

You all should know RCL reads these posts. Keep braggin' about what you do and you will pis* them off enough to 100% enforce their rules and next thing you know you will be called downstairs to explain what's in your luggage. Play it cool.

Discreet should be the word of the day.

Do you guys own stock in Crown Royal, or did you fall off that 12-step staircase?:D

750ml???? Strange seeing a Texan use the metric system!:D

Thanks for the info: I hope Fort Lauderdale is as relaxed as Galveston.

That's really the way booze comes bottled in the USA. It's measured in liters and milliliters. Usually a 1.75 L bottle is less than twice the price of a 750 ml bottle. I can't imagine why anyone would buy the small bottle. Or maybe only women like getting a bargain. ;)

Strange, we use metric for hard liquer and in the practice of medicine in the USA but the rest of the time we do it the American way - With our feet and our cups. :)

mommabean: The food coloring is toooooo funny! Funny in that your brother-in-law thought about the food coloring to make it authentic, but not thinking about why someone would need so MUCH mouth wash for the duration of a cruise! (Unless they went on an around the world cruise?!) LOL Thanks for the laugh!

Michele,

This WAS exactly what I thought. Did he think they'd assume he was supplying mouthwash for the entire ship? Of maybe he thought he could pass himself off as having OCD if confronted about all that mouthwash. I bet his breath didn't smell minty fresh once on that cruise. :D

I have carried full 2 full bottles of wine and a further 2 bottles of champagne in my checked luggage through Port Canaveral twice this summer without any problems. Have even left them on show or on ice in the room, cabin attendant was cool and no probs......:)

I have been laughing my head off at your "recipe". Maybe we should bring these cookies and forget about the booze. LOL. Instead of Art auctions we should have a cookie bake-off. Sign me up!!!

Oh, Robin, on Princess cruises, there is a demonstration by bartenders of how to make certain cocktails. A passenger is always invited up to participate, and of course they drink the demos. It is SO funny to see the people getting sloshed!

(so much for Princess cruisers' view of Princess somehow being a "higher-class" line! :) :D)

Oh, Robin, on Princess cruises, there is a demonstration by bartenders of how to make certain cocktails. A passenger is always invited up to participate, and of course they drink the demos. It is SO funny to see the people getting sloshed!

(so much for Princess cruisers' view of Princess somehow being a "higher-class" line! :) :D)

Have gone to something like this on 2 different Rhapsody Cruises. We were so disappointed that the Voyager did not have it:( Does anyone know if hte Splendour does it? it is funny!!!! AND well worth the 9.95 it costs on ROS

I have carried full 2 full bottles of wine and a further 2 bottles of champagne in my checked luggage through Port Canaveral twice this summer without any problems. Have even left them on show or on ice in the room, cabin attendant was cool and no probs......:)

You are so lucky because we just got back from the Mariner...and we had purchased a bottle of banana creme rum at port and forgot when we got on and they never said anything....anyways...we figured oh well lets open it and enjoy.....(Now remember I always give a $10 tip for the attendant to empty the fridge...so it's empty of everything...) So this is like the middle of the week and we then decided to put in the fridge...next day at port we came back to find out...that she took everything off our counter top and put in a cupboard above the safe and then had the bottle taken out of the fridge and she placed the little letter on our counter...that it was taken and would not be given back....now the story gets better because then next day she finds an old inspection paper from someone else but didn't pay attention that it was not ours look like german....and it was from 2005 date on the back from the airline that they must of had item inspected for .she then this time left it on our bed with a paper.....so we had another message left saying it was brought to their attention that it was found in our room....well my dh was upset by this time...and went down ....they don't know what her problem was...and funny thing they put the bottle to my daughter's name that was 12 yrs old that she brought it on...shame on her..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:p

Have gone to something like this on 2 different Rhapsody Cruises. We were so disappointed that the Voyager did not have it:( Does anyone know if hte Splendour does it? it is funny!!!! AND well worth the 9.95 it costs on ROS

Was not offered on the two Splendour cruises we were on. Last week we asked the Rhapsody bar manager, Mr. Franklin, if it was on other ships and he said not to his knowledge.

Archived