Just back...the answers to sneaking booze, soda, & bottled water!

Wilson

I tried to think of several of the questions that have been posted and decided to try all of them to bring back confirmed answers. I am sure that not all ports are as relaxed as Galveston.

Canned Soda: Success. We packed 8 cans of Coke in our carry-on and they said nothing. Yes, it was sent through x-ray.

Bottled Soda: Success. We packed 2 of the 8 packs of 12 oz bottles of Sprite in our checked luggage and they arrived safely in our stateroom.

Bottled water: Success. We packed some in carry on and in checked bags and arrived safely in our stateroom.

Small airline size bottles of liquor: Success. We packed 4 of the small airline bottles of rum in our carry-on. Plastic bottles with tin caps.

Booze in the mouth wash bottle: Success. One large mouthwash bottle that contained rum placed in checked luggage arrived safely in our stateroom.

Plastic flasks filled with liquor: Success. Two large plastic flasks ($2.69 @ liquor store) that were filled with Crown Royal. In checked luggage and arrived safely in our stateroom.

One unopened 750ml bottle of Crown Royal: Success. Still in the purple bag and box. In checked luggage and arrived safely in our stateroom.

Caps taped closed and everything was double packed in zip-lock bags.

Once on board we left most of these items in plain view in our stateroom. We took the their sodas and bottled water out of the mini-fridge and put ours in. Our attendant could care less. Asked him if he had heard of anyone being denied boarding because of sneaking alcohol, soda or water and he said no.

While onboard we asked several members of the cruise staff if they were familiar with cruisecritic. The majority of them said yes, but stated that they did not review any of the threads.

We purchased two bottles of Crown Royal while on the ship. As expected, we were told that we could not take it back to the stateroom and there was no longer such thing as a consumption fee. However, they were delivered very early in the morning of our last full day at sea, not at night.

We saw a few people that carried bottles of wine to dinner and some were seen carrying them back to their stateroom. Sorry, I did not ask them if they carried it on and did not ask about corkage fee. I had forgotten to pack our bottle of wine.

Most of this was done just for fun and wanted to pass the info along to others who wanted to know. Seems that these questions come up frequently.

We still purchased MANY drinks at the various bars around the ship. Our Seapass statement reflects several trips to the Schooner and Pool bars!

Thanks for the update!

Booze in the mouth wash bottle: Success. One large mouthwash bottle that contained rum placed in checked luggage arrived safely in our stateroom.

Great idea! What a way, to start the day, swishing the rum, all around your gum.:D

The Crown Royal reminds me of this cookie recipe...

Christmas Cookie Recipe

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

Lemon juice

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Crown Royal

Sample the Crown Royal to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the Crown Royal again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.

At this point it's best to make sure the Crown Royal is still OK, try another cup.. Just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit off floor...

Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a dewscriver.

Sample the Crown Royal to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.... Who giveshz a sheet.

Check the Crown Royal.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of AR, or somefink.... Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window.

Finish the bottle of Crown Royal.

Make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas

We put Maker's Mark in a Listerine bottle in our checked baggage and it made it through fine. Problem was, DH said the taste had changed and he wouldn't drink it.

I guarantee you I THOROUGHLY washed the bottle and even added fresh lemons to water and let them soak for hours and then rinsed and rinsed. I am NOT as picky as DH when it come to what I put in my mouth--but the Markers did taste off. So...I suggest you place a small amount of your drink of choice in your sanitized bottle and try it after a couple of days to see if it meets your standards. Broke my heart to see that precious golden liquid go down the drain. Marti

You all should know RCL reads these posts. Keep braggin' about what you do and you will pis* them off enough to 100% enforce their rules and next thing you know you will be called downstairs to explain what's in your luggage. Play it cool.

we have always successfully been able to bring anything we like on board with zero problems. We pack one whole suitcase with nothing but beer, liquor bottles, and water bottles. They always come intact and unopened.

I have never seen the need or understood those who desire to place their alcohol in mouthwash bottles or any other container for that matter, just leave them in the original bottles as they come, wrap with bubble wrap, then we also wwrap them ina towel for added protection. We always leave them out on the desk, and the cabin steward is always happy to refill our collapsible cooler no less than 2 times a day to keep the beer on ice at all times..

CHEERS! :)

Personally, I'd rather bring more shoes, and not worry about the weight of all those liquids! Of course, I have FLY into port--maybe if I could drive, it would be a different story!

After all I spend on the cruise fare, a bar bill is a minor item!

Personally, I'd rather bring more shoes, and not worry about the weight of all those liquids! Of course, I have FLY into port--maybe if I could drive, it would be a different story!

After all I spend on the cruise fare, a bar bill is a minor item!

we are lucky enough to be in florida and are close to all ports. I am also sure if we had to fly we probably would not have a suitcase for just beverages.. though it is weighty, hubby puts it in the car (he stays home) and the porter takes it out and they handle it until delivery to the stateroom.. so the weight issue does not matter.. we then have an empty suitcase for the suveniers we collect while on the cruise.. as far as bar bill... when we DO NOT pack al;cohol, we have about an 800.00 bill, and thatis very significant.. when we pack our own, the bar bill reduces to about 200.00- so for us it is definately worth it

I tried to think of several of the questions that have been posted and decided to try all of them to bring back confirmed answers. I am sure that not all ports are as relaxed as Galveston.

Canned Soda: Success. We packed 8 cans of Coke in our carry-on and they said nothing. Yes, it was sent through x-ray.

Bottled Soda: Success. We packed 2 of the 8 packs of 12 oz bottles of Sprite in our checked luggage and they arrived safely in our stateroom.

Bottled water: Success. We packed some in carry on and in checked bags and arrived safely in our stateroom.

Small airline size bottles of liquor: Success. We packed 4 of the small airline bottles of rum in our carry-on. Plastic bottles with tin caps.

Plastic flasks filled with liquor: Success. Two large plastic flasks ($2.69 @ liquor store) that were filled with Crown Royal. In checked luggage and arrived safely in our stateroom.

One unopened 750ml bottle of Crown Royal: Success. Still in the purple bag and box. In checked luggage and arrived safely in our stateroom.

Caps taped closed and everything was double packed in zip-lock bags.

Once on board we left most of these items in plain view in our stateroom. We took the their sodas and bottled water out of the mini-fridge and put ours in. Our attendant could care less. Asked him if he had heard of anyone being denied boarding because of sneaking alcohol, soda or water and he said no.

While onboard we asked several members of the cruise staff if they were familiar with cruisecritic. The majority of them said yes, but stated that they did not review any of the threads.

We purchased two bottles of Crown Royal while on the ship. As expected, we were told that we could not take it back to the stateroom and there was no longer such thing as a consumption fee. However, they were delivered very early in the morning of our last full day at sea, not at night.

We saw a few people that carried bottles of wine to dinner and some were seen carrying them back to their stateroom. Sorry, I did not ask them if they carried it on and did not ask about corkage fee. I had forgotten to pack our bottle of wine.

Most of this was done just for fun and wanted to pass the info along to others who wanted to know. Seems that these questions come up frequently.

We still purchased MANY drinks at the various bars around the ship. Our Seapass statement reflects several trips to the Schooner and Pool bars!

YAY!!!!

I never doubted that we could still smuggle!!

YAY!!!

:D

we are lucky enough to be in florida and are close to all ports. I am also sure if we had to fly we probably would not have a suitcase for just beverages.. though it is weighty, hubby puts it in the car (he stays home) and the porter takes it out and they handle it until delivery to the stateroom.. so the weight issue does not matter.. we then have an empty suitcase for the suveniers we collect while on the cruise.. as far as bar bill... when we DO NOT pack al;cohol, we have about an 800.00 bill, and thatis very significant.. when we pack our own, the bar bill reduces to about 200.00- so for us it is definately worth it

Being able to drive to port would be AWESOME! Just not having the hassle of that extra leg of travel would be so cool!

Our bar bill isn't that much--don't go in much for the foo-foo drinks--stick to beer and the occassional vodka tonic! (Ok-once in a while, a frozen drink at the pool!)

We keep talking about moving south--maybe one day....

Just off the Vision. No problems with alcohol packed in our luggage. Ended up bringing mine home unopened. I found a loophole that allowed me to buy alcohol.

When I went to complete my set sail pass online I changed my age to make myself 21 and when I checked in at the terminal it wasn't noticed. I was able to buy alcohol with my own card the whole week. Although I was not once asked for any picture ID so I could just as easily have been using someone elses card.

Someone I was with was who is actually 21 was asked for ID but only once or twice. They were also asked if they were 21 a couple of times but never needed to show ID to prove it. I was never even asked that much.

Just off the Vision. No problems with alcohol packed in our luggage. Ended up bringing mine home unopened. I found a loophole that allowed me to buy alcohol.

When I went to complete my set sail pass online I changed my age to make myself 21 and when I checked in at the terminal it wasn't noticed. I was able to buy alcohol with my own card the whole week. Although I was not once asked for any picture ID so I could just as easily have been using someone elses card.

Someone I was with was who is actually 21 was asked for ID but only once or twice. They were also asked if they were 21 a couple of times but never needed to show ID to prove it. I was never even asked that much.

That's certainly reassuring. :rolleyes:

The Crown Royal reminds me of this cookie recipe...

Christmas Cookie Recipe

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

Lemon juice

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Crown Royal

Michele - this was priceless! I shared it with my buddies over on the MFPPP thread in the Floataway Lounge...you should stop by to visit with us sometime! We are always looking for new members with a great sense of humor to post on our thread!

Archived