Where is the Navigator in March?

Travelcat2

We are booked on the Navigator on March 27th. She has already gone through dry dock but appears "missing" on the cruise itinerary for a couple weeks in March. Guess it could be a charter -- does anyone know? We're really looking forward to finally doing a cruise on the Navigator...... we were on the Voyager recently and on the PG in 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

My local Harris Teeter grocery store is offering this charter. Hope I win!!!

THE GREAT VIC VOYAGE II SWEEPSTAKES

The VIC Voyage II wants to take you and a guest to Mexico!

One (1) customer will be selected from each participating Harris Teeter store location. Customer will win a cruise for two (2) on the Seven Seas Navigator. The dates of the cruise are March 23 - March 28, 2007. Prize includes round trip airfare from the closest major airport (as selected by sponsor), cruise accommodations, meals on the ship, soft drinks and gratuities on the ship.

Beth

My local Harris Teeter grocery store is offering this charter. Hope I win!!!

THE GREAT VIC VOYAGE II SWEEPSTAKES

The VIC Voyage II wants to take you and a guest to Mexico!

One (1) customer will be selected from each participating Harris Teeter store location. Customer will win a cruise for two (2) on the Seven Seas Navigator. The dates of the cruise are March 23 - March 28, 2007. Prize includes round trip airfare from the closest major airport (as selected by sponsor), cruise accommodations, meals on the ship, soft drinks and gratuities on the ship.

Beth

Whoever wins that contest will be in for a wonderful experience! Since the ship holds 490 people, they'll have plenty of company. Does anyone know what company is chartering it for that week? (Just curious -- possibly just nosy);)

• 1 month later...
Yes, the Navigator is handling a charter that I will be on for a company.

Have a great trip! Will you be on the cruise the whole time? Also, what is the itinerary? Please post to these boards about your experience. We'll be on the Navigator on March 28th!:)

Whoever wins that contest will be in for a wonderful experience! Since the ship holds 490 people, they'll have plenty of company. Does anyone know what company is chartering it for that week? (Just curious -- possibly just nosy);)

:):) I am so excited because I actually did win for the Harris Teeter week.

Any suggestions for the first time cruiser? I did a Windjammer almost 17 yrs

ago but have never been on a "big boat"!! Do people get seasick much??:confused:

You will enjoy the ship. The Navigator is not really considered a big boat with only 490 passengers. You can get seasick on any ship in rough waters. Pack the necessary meds to help you, just in case. Do write a review on your return. I am interested in hearing about this cruise, since I really wanted to win.

For more suggestions, start a thread asking specific questions. Many here will be glad to answer.

You will enjoy the ship. The Navigator is not really considered a big boat with only 490 passengers. You can get seasick on any ship in rough waters. Pack the necessary meds to help you, just in case. Do write a review on your return. I am interested in hearing about this cruise, since I really wanted to win.

For more suggestions, start a thread asking specific questions. Many here will be glad to answer.

Funny you should mention meds!! My father-in-law gave me the same

advice. I did a Windjammer over 17 yrs ago for our honeymoon and

only had one time that I got a little woosy. After having two children

though I get carsick if I am not driving or on any kind of mountain

or curvy area. I will take lots of meds!!

I wish you had won also. I was utterly caught off guard. I guess shopping

at Harris Teeter since about 1986, when we were in college dating, paid

off at last!!

I will definately ask questions. I just found this site by chance. Hopefully

I can come up with some good topics. It is AMAZING to hear how much

some of these members have traveled. I am not sure who it is... but

they have a long list!!

thanks

L:cool::cool:

We've been using the "Relief Band" (electronic) when the seas are rough -- seems to work well. Also have purchased "less drowsy" Dramamine and a brand I cannot think of at the moment. My husband and each take 1/2 of the pill. Not sure if the Relief Band or the pill is working but we feel great (not drowsy).

The food on Regent ships is a big plus. My husband "forces"(?) me to get room service at 7 :00 a.m. He feels that leaves more time to digest the food before lunch as he would not want to miss any meals;)

We've been using the "Relief Band" (electronic) when the seas are rough -- seems to work well. Also have purchased "less drowsy" Dramamine and a brand I cannot think of at the moment. My husband and each take 1/2 of the pill. Not sure if the Relief Band or the pill is working but we feel great (not drowsy).

The food on Regent ships is a big plus. My husband "forces"(?) me to get room service at 7 :00 a.m. He feels that leaves more time to digest the food before lunch as he would not want to miss any meals;)

Sign me up for the relief band!! I actually thought you were talking about

a band that plays music! hehehe Where do you get this band? I have never taken Dramamine but if it will help me not get seasick, I am in!:p

I think having room service for coffee at 7am is a GREAT idea.:rolleyes: I have

heard on these cruises that all you do is eat?!?! Your husband seems

like he is very wise. Any food that you suggest we not eat? How about

those "awful" deserts you need to stay away from?

Does your husband like to eat in the cafe' on shore?

Sign me up for the relief band!! I actually thought you were talking about

a band that plays music! hehehe Where do you get this band? I have never taken Dramamine but if it will help me not get seasick, I am in!:p

I think having room service for coffee at 7am is a GREAT idea.:rolleyes: I have heard on these cruises that all you do is eat?!?! Your husband seems like he is very wise. Any food that you suggest we not eat? How about

those "awful" deserts you need to stay away from?

Does your husband like to eat in the cafe' on shore?

The "Relief Band" is not inexpensive-- they are approximately $90 (drugstore.com) but work quite well. Dramamine is available at most drug stores -- be sure to get "less drowsy" since regular strength will have you sleeping all day. Then, try taking only 1/2 a pill before you feel sick (this is what we have done).

We haven't found any food that we didn't enjoy on Regent cruises -- they have so many choices -- just order what you sounds good (and as much as you want). The first morning we tend to over order food -- just because we can (eggs, bagel, fruit, etc. etc. etc.) By the second day we cut back a bit. We are are not typically room service people but really enjoy having breakfast in the cabin.

We don't eat much on shore -- the food on board is too good to pass up. Again, it's personal choice -- many people do take advantage of the food available at different ports. Desserts, again, is a choice. My husband tends to eat more of them than I do. They have a cheese/fruit cart at the end of dinner that I have with a glass of port. When I do have dessert, I make sure it's very small.

Just remember that this is a time to splurge for you. It is so wonderful to have won this cruise on an amazing ship. Do whatever you enjoy doing -- just take some seasickness preventions if you are prone to it!

Archived