Sharing a soda card

Some interesting comments to be sure.

To me the real issue is why the cruise lines have to charge so much for an item that is so cheap to provide. I can see a charge for liquor but I never did understand the charge for soda. I also agree about the point that for the under-liquor age cruisers, there is little choice besides lemonade and milk. (not too many 5 year olds go for iced tea!). I suspect it would cost the cruise line very little to provide some soda options - doesn't even need to be name brand for that matter.

To me the real issue is why the cruise lines have to charge so much for an item that is so cheap to provide. I can see a charge for liquor but I never did understand the charge for soda. I also agree about the point that for the under-liquor age cruisers, there is little choice besides lemonade and milk. (not too many 5 year olds go for iced tea!). I suspect it would cost the cruise line very little to provide some soda options - doesn't even need to be name brand for that matter.

Because they can. Why do they charge so much for alcoholic drinks when obviously they can obtain the liquor at greatly reduced prices? Again, because they can and it's a profit center for them. A 5 year old should be fine with water/lemonade/milk - you can even fill a sports bottle with juice at breakfast for them to have during the day. What do they drink at home, anyway? If it's non-stop soda, then I would consider that a problem. There's nothing to stop them from having an occasional soda that can be purchased individually. When we took our then 7 year old grandson, I don't think he had more than two sodas the whole trip. Our 10 year old granddaughter is perfectly happy with milk.

WoW Cletourn. How can you give such a nasty reply! Where did I mention stealing? I agree with mestfan. A soda is soda. You wouldnt expect to pay more for your icecream would you? or a can of coke on the ship or a soda in MDs.

And as for an 18, 19, 20yr old being an Adult. We already know that over here, thats why they do have a choice on what they drink!

I too agree they should simply charge the same pp per day as I imagine most kids probably drink more on a boat then adults (they let loose on vacation thing, and I'm not saying this as a negative, just an assumption) and I also think they'd have more takers and less sharers if they made it a more thoughtless price - say $25 each which would include tip - I think more people would just pay a set reasonable price and likely not drink more then its worth and RCCL would still come out ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
Why the big hoo-hah over soda cards, and soda card sharing.

To be honest, compared with the price you pay to go on the cruise itself, is sharing a soda card really that big a deal.

I really think people should calm down.

Sure, if you think it's wrong, don't do it.

But that's it.

CAUSE YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES!

THAT IS WHY!

That actually made me laugh.

Calm down, keep your hair on.

I let someone use my soda card once.

Yes, that's right, ONCE.

Although it was totally worth it to see how much outrage it causes on the boards.

After TWENTY THREE DAYS of this thread being dead and buried you come back and give it new life!

And for the record one or 1,001 you are a thief, plain and simple!

After TWENTY THREE DAYS of this thread being dead and buried you come back and give it new life!

And for the record one or 1,001 you are a thief, plain and simple!

Yes I know, I love to argue with opinionated strangers.

My Dad showed me how worked up everyone gets over this, and I decided to see if it was interesting.

Apparently not.

Antagonising, aren't I?

Well, I'm going to bed now, have fun complaining on message boards.

oh, and PS, I'm a thief, am I? If you say so...call the police, I'm waiting. I'm sure RCI will be eager to press charges, over the price of one soda.

My Dad showed me how worked up everyone gets over this, and I decided to see if it was interesting.

Apparently not.

Antagonising, aren't I?

Well, I'm going to bed now, have fun complaining on message boards.

oh, and PS, I'm a thief, am I? If you say so...call the police, I'm waiting. I'm sure RCI will be eager to press charges, over the price of one soda.

I found that quite amusing also. You know you're in trouble when the teacher brings out the BIG RED MARKER.

Wow this thread is old. I found my original posts on the first page.

Man did I sound like a grouch in one of them :eek:

I was just thinking about this topic actually...wondering if I would share a card with someone on my upcoming cruise.

I like it out of the can better so the answer will be no.

Wow this thread is old. I found my original posts on the first page.

Man did I sound like a grouch in one of them :eek:

I was just thinking about this topic actually...wondering if I would share a card with someone on my upcoming cruise.

I like it out of the can better so the answer will be no.

Not sharing your card?? Sounds like you are still a grouch!!;) Kidding..don't hit me. I shared mine with my GF. I had to or she would make me sleep on the balcony...:o

Not sharing your card?? Sounds like you are still a grouch!!;) Kidding..don't hit me. I shared mine with my GF. I had to or she would make me sleep on the balcony...:o

LOL If I did get one, I would share it. It's just easier not to get it though for me probably. I wouldn't drink enough and I'd be trying to "make it worth" the money or the hassle of passing-the-card would be annoying.

Honestly, you can take your own pop on so it doesn't even really matter. We had our suitcase filled with juice and pop on Serenade last May (b/c we road tripped it there and if we didn't take it on board it would have gone bad in the car, in the heat) and we got it a-okay in our room. And...it was nice to have a drink in the room when we came back from a long day etc.

Again though, packing it is a hassle too. I WILL JUST STICK TO LEMONADE! ;)

LOL If I did get one, I would share it. It's just easier not to get it though for me probably. I wouldn't drink enough and I'd be trying to "make it worth" the money or the hassle of passing-the-card would be annoying.

Honestly, you can take your own pop on so it doesn't even really matter. We had our suitcase filled with juice and pop on Serenade last May (b/c we road tripped it there and if we didn't take it on board it would have gone bad in the car, in the heat) and we got it a-okay in our room. And...it was nice to have a drink in the room when we came back from a long day etc.

Again though, packing it is a hassle too. I WILL JUST STICK TO LEMONADE! ;)

I went back and forth about getting a card. I am the only soda drinker in the family. I probably drink 10 or so a day. Thank god for bathrooms on near the pool deck! They gave me a special mug to use. When my GF wanted a coke she just took the mug and not the card and they never asked. Worked well with our smuggled alcohol.:p

I went back and forth about getting a card. I am the only soda drinker in the family. I probably drink 10 or so a day. Thank god for bathrooms on near the pool deck! They gave me a special mug to use. When my GF wanted a coke she just took the mug and not the card and they never asked. Worked well with our smuggled alcohol.:p

Wow, that is a lot of pop. lol

...and fathers.

Antagonising, aren't I?

Yes, as usual.

No sharing on Indy in August or the RCI soda police will be sent to hunt you down.

(P.S. to other readers: To avoid any flames - just joking - I do not condone sharing of soda cards and joannarocksyoursocks has been suitably chastised!)

Woah are you serious? It can cause that? PAINFUL!

Oh yeah...soda can cause kidney stones. I have had plenty trust me. And if you've ever tried to push a watermelon through a garden hose...well...you get the idea. Closest a man will ever come to giving birth.:eek: Thank GOD!!!

Archived