CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Hi,

RCCL has a ocean view (Category I/obstructed view) single cabin price of $337 right now for their Dec 3 and Dec 10 (4 night) sailings. That's with the 55 or over discount applied. They add about $30 if you're under 55.

You can get some OBC's if you book through a particular TA (to remain unnamed!!!) but even without the incentives, the price seems pretty good to me for 4 nights. It sails from Miami and goes to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West, returning to Miami. Departs Mondays at 5 p.m. and returns Friday at 8 a.m.

For those of you who've traveled solo more than I have, is that a reasonably good price?

I have sailed on Majesty of the Seas and she's a great ship. I'd say that's a good price for 4 nights of travel/entertainment/food++/great ports of call. If I remember right I paid $400plus each for 2 and $300 for third in August 2003. The dates you have selected are just not selling well as it's so close to the holidays probably. It will still be nice weather down in the Bahamas,

OOPS- don't know what happened to the last post quote function.. My reply starts- I have sailed on Majesty.:)

When using the Quote button, be sure to leave the

code at the end of the quote showing in your Reply to Thread message text box. The
code goes at the beginning of the quote.

Kat110105_emYA44_prv.gif

Wow it's a great price today but the air fare for me at this stage......:( .... cancels out all the benefits.

Where do you fly home from- Ensenada? or is it far to go up to San Diego?

NCL will bus you to the San Diego airport for $75. It may be higher via other carriers but that's what they quoted me. Then the airfare on SW from SND to BHM was $112.

Hi,

RCCL has a ocean view (Category I/obstructed view) single cabin price of $337 right now for their Dec 3 and Dec 10 (4 night) sailings. That's with the 55 or over discount applied. They add about $30 if you're under 55.

You can get some OBC's if you book through a particular TA (to remain unnamed!!!) but even without the incentives, the price seems pretty good to me for 4 nights. It sails from Miami and goes to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West, returning to Miami. Departs Mondays at 5 p.m. and returns Friday at 8 a.m.

For those of you who've traveled solo more than I have, is that a reasonably good price?

Kathy Q

I just checked the Majesty Dec.10 th . now cat. I is $261 for a solo..:D

No. I was just checking a few particular cruises I've been watching. I didn't realize the system was scheduled to go down this weekend. I always use the old web site instead of the new one. IMHO it is so much easier to use than the new one until they get all the bugs out of it.

this was the notice posted at one online TA re NCL:

Norwegian Cruise Line has scheduled a major upgrade for their reservations systems starting Friday 8/17/07 at 9:00PM EST and ending Monday 8/20/07 at 10:00AM EST. Unfortunately, during this time period you will be unable to obtain pricing or make reservations as the cruise line's system will be completely downNorwegian Cruise Line has scheduled a major upgrade for their reservations systems starting Friday 8/17/07 at 9:00PM EST and ending Monday 8/20/07 at 10:00AM EST. Unfortunately, during this time period you will be unable to obtain pricing or make reservations as the cruise line's system will be completely down.

i like using the old search engine as well. i can never seem to login to the new system.

what type of excursions do you have planned for Hawaii?I took the NCL Wind on the 10day Hawaii cruise. It was very island oriented, whereby, perhaps the repo one won't be. But who knows! I mean, there was polynesian entertainment ( i wonder where that dance cast is now?) , hula classes, leimaking classes. etc

Decent deal on the Carnival Elation. Check it out. It had a nice price drop today for the sailing I am on Sept 3-8, solo. Love cruising out of San Diego. It's very easy, and the port is less than 5 minutes from the airport.

$421 with taxes and fees for a 1A guarantee, solo.

Marie

I just checked the Majesty Dec.10 th . now cat. I is $261 for a solo..:D

Rats... I must've posted in enough places to fill up the low spots! Dec 10 - 14 is when I've booked. Was the higher price a 55 or older reservation?

Kathy Q

Kathy Q....$ 261.50 was not a 55 or older... just priced as a "regular" solo... cat..I

Are you saying prices have gone down or up?

Hi, I think they're about the the same. I got a $237 solo OV obstructed cabin with 55 or older. So $26something would be around the right price for an under 55 solo OV obstructed cabin.

Kathy

Hi, I think they're about the the same. I got a $237 solo OV obstructed cabin with 55 or older. So $26something would be around the right price for an under 55 solo OV obstructed cabin.

Kathy

Well good then,... see you in Dec. :D

I actually made a typo when I said $237. It was actually $337 (including port charges/taxes). But your post sent me back to the RCCL website to check out prices and the price had dropped! So I called my TA and they knocked $30 off for each of the two of us traveling in Category I. With the $85 in OBC's and the gift card, this 4 night cruise is down to a mere $222 for a single OV cabin! Definitely my best bargain yet!

Does anyone have a link to that Happy Hour site that works. I've tried all the ones in this thread and it either errors out or takes me to the specific day (say in June) when the URL was copied.

It sounds like a lot of good deals are on that site...

Kathy Q

RCI has reduced rates for Serenade of the Seas Dec. 08, 2007, 7 days out of San Juan to southern Caribbean (port intensive w 5 stops! to St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Martin, St. Lucia, and Barbados, 6 stops if you include San Juan, and 1 sea day). That's a lot in 7 days.

A senior can get a good oceanview cabin, single occupancy, for around $800 now; balcony for around $1100.

The fares don't show up on all TA sites, so have a look at RCI first, then call your TA. Also, if you check for available cabins online, they don't show all the available cabins. I found 6 cabins available for one category, called RCI and they said there were really 28 cabins in that category. So don't hesitate to ask for one with a better location if they don't automatically show any where you want to be. I don't think this sailing is very crowded ... yet.

I sailed a sister ship, Radiance of the Seas, last Dec. and it was decorated for the season. Trust me, the Radiance class ships (Radiance, Jewel, Brilliance, Serenade) are super beautiful ships, with lots of glass. Traffic flow was very good too, even at the buffet at peak times; and REAL coffee!

Come on solos ... great ship, great itinerary, holiday season, good prices ... what'cha waitin for?

I've booked a single OV F1 on Deck 7 for $285.47 (including taxes, port fees, etc). There's a huge discount with the senior rate on this one. The cruise is 4 nights.

Leaves from San Pedro (near LAX) on Monday, 3/10/08 at 5:30, goes to San Diego (8-5), Catalina (8-5) and Ensenada (8-5) then back to San Pedro at 8 a.m. on Friday, 3/14.

Same thing as the other one I booked in Dec of this year with the promos except they're better on this cruise. $100 on board credit from the travel agency for booking in August. $40 on board credit and a $20 MC gift card for using a MC to book.

These promos are from using a particular agency (who must remain nameless) but even without the promos, this is a great price.

Anyone else interested?

Kathy Q

I've booked a single OV F1 on Deck 7 for $285.47 (including taxes, port fees, etc). There's a huge discount with the senior rate on this one.

Anyone else interested?

Kathy Q

I'm interested. I checked prices and yes, they are great.

Is there any way to find out about specials like the ones you got, thru CruiseCritic??? I'm cool with letting them get the business, or the advertising, but why do they make it so hard for us to give them our business?? You can't even do a good cruise search on CC, I don't think.

I booked on VOS last month for Mexico (Dec 9/07) My solo price was $798 CAD. While I was looking on RCCL's site I found the the price had droped, so I called them, and they gave me the new price. I'm now paying $598 CAD for a 7 day cruise. $200 more dollars I can spend on the ship!!:D

I am very interested in Norwegian Dream on Oct 9th from Barcelona to Miami and also the following cruise onwards to Santiago. The single supplement is 200% - which is simply unjustifiable as it also includes the taxes , charges etc. DO NCL ever lower their supplements or have special offers for solos?

Does anyone know of any longer repositioning type cruises, preferably to the sun or somewhere exotic, with low single supplements? I went on a fantastic one with MSC last year from Genoa in Italy to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

I've booked myself a Carnival Splendor voyage from Ft Lauderdale around South America on 31 Jan 2009. The 1A cabin was quite affordable, with a supplement around the 25-30% mark. The whole voyage is 7 weeks, or it can be split into three sectors with the final sector from Santiago to San Francisco being particularly good value. I will pick your brains about the 1A cabins at some point, if i may.

Craig.

I booked on VOS last month for Mexico (Dec 9/07) My solo price was $798 CAD. While I was looking on RCCL's site I found the the price had droped, so I called them, and they gave me the new price. I'm now paying $598 CAD for a 7 day cruise. $200 more dollars I can spend on the ship!!:D

nice deal. price must not be available to americans. cant find the same deal.

looks like the carnival pride is chartered for the first 2 cruises in december...so that's out.

have fun!

I've booked myself a Carnival Splendor voyage from Ft Lauderdale around South America on 31 Jan 2009. The 1A cabin was quite affordable, with a supplement around the 25-30% mark. The whole voyage is 7 weeks, or it can be split into three sectors with the final sector from Santiago to San Francisco being particularly good value. I will pick your brains about the 1A cabins at some point, if i may.

Craig.

Hi, Craig--

I'm very interested in learning about these 1A cabins (for solo travel) too. I started a thread a couple of days ago asking about 1A guarantee cabins with portholes, but got very little response to my query. Will be watching to see what type of response you get. Just curious: Did you book directly through Carnival to get the good value, i.e., 23-30% single supplement? Thanks.

--Deb in Orlando

Archived