Traveling With Platinum

billylen

My wife, who is platinum, took the kids on Explorer this summer to Bermuda and she took her sister and mom and nephew with her in a separate cabin and they all checked in in the platinum line with no problem. We never asked officially if it was okay, but no one told them to get in the other line. My guess is that it is fine with a family traveling in a few cabins, but I don't think you could do it with a large group cruise where you try to get a group of 50 under one platinum member.

I don't think it has to do with being linked. I think it depends on how many people you are trying to get into the Platinum line. I have seen people bring one person or their kids that are children in another cabin. I have also seen people turned away when trying to bring their friends from other cabins in the line.

I have seen a person checking to be sure the people in line were Diamond, Platinum or Suites also. I guess it depends on the ship and it's supposed to be a perk of those people, not meant for others.

On Celebrity before my dad became Elite, I used to bring him in the line with us. He is now 93, and he was in his early 90's and we were never given a hard time. Good luck.

Katie

Archived