Honolulu/Waikiki Hotel Recommendations

hadleys9538

I'm thinking of staying at ResortQuest Coconut Plaza, ResortQuest Waikiki Joy, or Ilima Hotel. Are these away from the construction zone? Anyone have any experience with any of these places? All have internet deals for $100-$125 a night which is what I'm wanting to spend to have a place to sleep. I'm not going to Waikiki to sit in my room!

We have considerable experience with the Ilima hotel. It is our favorite just off Waikiki hotels. The units are large, clean and most have some form of kitchen - stove, microwave, etc. Parking is free on a first come first served basis. Have been there on several ocassions. The Ilima is definately out of the construction area of Waikiki.

We are supposed to stay at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach June 2007. Would anyone know if this is in a high construction area? Any other information about this hotel would be greatly appreciated!

We have considerable experience with the Ilima hotel. It is our favorite just off Waikiki hotels. The units are large, clean and most have some form of kitchen - stove, microwave, etc. Parking is free on a first come first served basis. Have been there on several ocassions. The Ilima is definately out of the construction area of Waikiki.

I'm sold. I just booked at the Ilima Hotel, directly with them as none of he web sites have a better price than their own, $125 a night for a basic room. It gets high marks on TripAdvisor.

I'm sold. I just booked at the Ilima Hotel, directly with them as none of he web sites have a better price than their own, $125 a night for a basic room. It gets high marks on TripAdvisor.

reposting as this didn't show up.

Hawaiicrusers; I see you actually live in Ohau, can you tell me if "Perry's Smorgy" ? or "Davey Jones Locker" are still open in the Waikiki area. We ere there 30 years ago:eek: and we liked those places. Thanks

Unfortunately Davey Jones Locker is no longer. Perry's Smorgy at Kuhio is still there. Davey Jones Locker was a fun place and it was sad to see it go. For Perrys Smorgy you can see the prices at http://www.perryssmorgy.com/ -- the location is not the same as when you were here.

Trying to decide between the Outrigger Waikiki or the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel. Does anyone know how far it is from the New Otani Kaimana to the International Market Place? Is it to far to walk? Is it any easy walk? Are there places to dine around the New Otani Kaimana other than the hotel restaurants? This will be our first time in Hawaii and we can't decide whether we want to be in the heart of busy Waikiki or the more sedate New Otani Kaimana. We will be there 4 nights before we catch our cruise.

Ginger

Some construction at the Village will not be completed until 2009. Checkout their website www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com for all the renovation information.

cruisecrasy - where on their website can you find the renovation info - I've look under every possible section and didn't see anything. We will be there at the end of June 07 and I was just curious. Thanks!!

hawaiicruisers, is their any particulat reason you have not stayed at the Hyatt. Is there something I should know "negative' about the hotel. (too noisy, run-down, bad location). looking forward to hearing your input.I booked the "Mighty Mo" explorer thanks to you. Lois

cruisecrasy - where on their website can you find the renovation info - I've look under every possible section and didn't see anything. We will be there at the end of June 07 and I was just curious. Thanks!!

After the page comes up - look for 'Village Rejuvenation' in the middle - just click on..!

Hope this helps..!!

hawaiicruisers, is their any particulat reason you have not stayed at the Hyatt. Is there something I should know "negative' about the hotel. (too noisy, run-down, bad location). looking forward to hearing your input.I booked the "Mighty Mo" explorer thanks to you. Lois

Lois - As you know we have stayed in Waikiki many times over the last 30 years and yes you are right about us never having stayed at the Hyatt. The Hyatt is a very nice hotel across the street from the beach. We have seen the rooms when visiting with friends have stayed there and what we saw were very nice. You ask if there was a reason that we have never stayed there - yes, we live about 20 miles from Waikiki and when we do stay at Waikiki we usually look for hotels that are well priced at the time we decide to go. We particulary look for the resident rate and thus far Hyatt has not provided a price range we are willing to pay. For us to stay in Waikiki living 20 miles it is either a very special reason or a very good price.

Trying to decide between the Outrigger Waikiki or the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel. Does anyone know how far it is from the New Otani Kaimana to the International Market Place? Is it to far to walk? Is it any easy walk? Are there places to dine around the New Otani Kaimana other than the hotel restaurants? This will be our first time in Hawaii and we can't decide whether we want to be in the heart of busy Waikiki or the more sedate New Otani Kaimana. We will be there 4 nights before we catch our cruise.

Ginger

I really like the New Otani, that said location is about 1 - 1 1/2 miles from the center of Waikiki. The Outrigger Waikiki is a nice hotel with a good location.

We went on that cruise in November 06 and stayed at the Sheraton Princess which was very well located and superb. We stayed one night pre-cruise and then booked for 3 nights post cruise and got an extra night free plus a room upgrade.

Worth a look.

Lozza

• 1 month later...

My fiance and I just booked our cruise with NCL POA for the 7/8/07 7 day cruise. We're going to arrive one day early and stay in Honolulu and stayin one extra day at the end of the cruise.

I've been searching for hotels but everything's so overwhelming and confusing as this is both my finace's and my 1st trip to hawaii. We would like a hotel on the beach preferably under 200/night. Ocean view is not mandatory. But would be kinda nice if we could swing it. Thanks to anyone who could help.

Firt HawaiiCruisers, great information.

Venessaness, along with the information on these pages, someone else started a thread call pre and post cruise. I posted there before I saw this page. My recommendations are pretty much the same.

The informamtion that I added however was about joining frequent guest and flyer programs and take a look at their specials. I am staying at the Waikiki Shearton and explained how that works for people that are part of the program.

But they offer $130 reate at the Princess Kailuane for members even for new members without points built up. You always take your chance getting into an older part of these buildings.

We like the Hilton Hawaiian Village and normally stay there. But this is our 25th Anniversary trip and my wife wanted to be on the other side this time.

Take at look at that thread.

Archived