Mariner of Seas - Lots of Questions

StlGal

Hello,

I just found this website today & I must say it's a great resource. I haven't made my way through all of the postings, so if I'm asking the same questions I apologize in advance.

My family & I are going to be cruising in June '07 onboard The Mariner Of The Seas (Western Caribbean). We have been on several other cruises, but this is our first with RCCL.

Have several questions that I was hoping someone could help us out with....

1) Menus - I understand that the menus have recently changed. Does anyone have copies of the menus?

2) Formal Nights - Which nights are the formal nights? I've heard Tuesday & Thursday, but I've also heard Tuesday & Friday.... does anyone know for sure?

3) Ice Show - I've heard about how great the ice show is & that tickets are hard to come by. Any suggestions on how we can get tickets to this show woudl be greatly appreciated.

4) Midnight/Evening Buffets - Which nights feature the evening/midnight buffets?

5) Lobster Night - Which night is lobster night?

6) Chops or Portofino's - If you were to choose one or two nights, which nights would you be the best nights to choose the specialty restaurants?

I know lots of food questions... ;)

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

1) I do n't have copies of menus but we just cruised on the Mariner (Eastern) in Nov 06 and I honestly don't think there was much menu change to when we did the Western on the Mariner in 05

2) Our Western had Monday and Thursday as formal nights (could have changed in past year)

3)Ice show- if you are in a suite with concierge access, you can request tickets from the concierge. If no, watch your compass and it will post times/days for ticket pick up. Advise, show up 15-20 minutes early as my experience is that they start distributing prior to the posted time and last month, tickets for the 1st show were gone before the posted time even arrived.

4)Midnight buffets-on the Western I honestly don't remember. I'm thinking Friday was one.

5)Lobster night was Friday.

6) We always do Chops on Caribbean night which is usually on Wednesday.

We think you'll really enjoy RCCL. We haven't cruised on Mariner (yet) but have on two of her sisters - Voyager & Adventure. If you haven't already, you and your family may get a kick out of visiting this website for some awesome pictures and explanations of the Voyager Family of ships.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/

You won't find menus or food there, but the site will definitely go toward satisfying your hunger for the visual! Also, the link at the bottom of our signature takes you to another thread where you can click on any of the RCCL ships and it'll take you to webshots.com where you can view thousands of pics.

Enjoy that cruise!

Hello,

1) Menus - I understand that the menus have recently changed. Does anyone have copies of the menus? No copies sorry.

2) Formal Nights - Which nights are the formal nights? I've heard Tuesday & Thursday, but I've also heard Tuesday & Friday.... does anyone know for sure?Monday and Thursday

3) Ice Show - I've heard about how great the ice show is & that tickets are hard to come by. Any suggestions on how we can get tickets to this show woudl be greatly appreciated.Check your compass for times to pick up your ticket. Even with your ticket get there early for good seats

4) Midnight/Evening Buffets - Which nights feature the evening/midnight buffets?I don't remember this, I think Tuesday and Friday

5) Lobster Night - Which night is lobster night?Friday

6) Chops or Portofino's - If you were to choose one or two nights, which nights would you be the best nights to choose the specialty restaurants?We went on Wednesday night .

I know lots of food questions... ;)

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Glad to help when I can

You'll have a great time on the Mariner. Have sailed all of the Voyager (Eagle) class ships and sailed Mariner (western) May of this year and being the newest of this class, was in excellent shape. Will be sailing her again with friends in May 2007 (eastern) and this is many of my friends 1st cruise and picked this ship for their 1st cruise experience.

Have fun.

Dave

We had main seating for dinner so wanted the Ice show Wed. Tickets were gone immed. We still showed up for the show about 5 min before it started and were allowed to go in without tickets and there were still plenty of seats.

They have tickets for everyone to see the ice show, but because of the number of seats vs. the number of passenger's, they divide the show into 4 seatings. If you go to pick up tickets when they tell you to, it shouldn't be a problem! They will announce times over the loudspeaker and it will also be in your Compass. Just follow directions!

Which western week are you sailing? We're trying Mariner for the first time but have previously been on a different RC ship. Looking forward to the fun onboard.:)

We are sailing on 06/03/07.... my fiance & I be getting married in Ocho Rios on Wednesday, 06/06/07. We will have 22 others sailing with us. We are all looking forward to the cruise!

Archived