Runaway Cruise Director!!

oceanqueen571

I was on the cruise too. please check out the roll call post from the cruise. The stories and rumors about the sudden departure are quite interesting.

From Alcohol to quitting to being fired.

I like to think that Galaxy was running a brothel over the holiday cruise. Helps to stir the pot. :cool: :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure the dancers figure out a way to make it work. In the last year alone, I have performed with mono and the night after foot surgery on pointe and by no means am I a professional. You do what you need to do to make it work including filling in where needed with no rehearsal and with noro. Dont ask me how - we just do.

But I am still really really curious why they all left!!

I was on the cruise too. please check out the roll call post from the cruise. The stories and rumors about the sudden departure are quite interesting.

From Alcohol to quitting to being fired.

I like to think that Galaxy was running a brothel over the holiday cruise. Helps to stir the pot. :cool: :rolleyes:

Maybe they didn't dress properly for the dining room, or chose not to dine in the dining room and eat casual!!!! :eek: Joking ok. :p <runs like heck before the fur flys>

A few years back, one of our friend's daughter was an entertainer on the Radiance. She and the entire group of entertainers were fired mid-cruise after some of them were spotted nude on a beach:o ...now that is the word from the entertainers as to what happened; we all suspect there was more to it than that. But the point is, they dismissed the entire entertainment staff in the blink of any eye!
Gee, I was told by a member of the activities staff on my last cruise that X dancer contracts specify no tan lines, so they HAVE to go to the topless deck [generally above the forward lounge] if they sunbathe. Whether that's true or not, I do suspect that there was more than just nude sunbathing.

Gee, I was told by a member of the activities staff on my last cruise that X dancer contracts specify no tan lines, so they HAVE to go to the topless deck [generally above the forward lounge] if they sunbathe. Whether that's true or not, I do suspect that there was more than just nude sunbathing.

Women only...no men allowed. Nice try, though.

We were on the sailing and have generally heard that the group returned from port and appeared to be inebriated. Their contracts include a stipulation for breathalyzer tests if this is suspected. (and dismissal if they violate whatever the rules are) All but one dancer chose to quit rather than take the test. One took the test and was dismissed.

Again this is just RUMOR culled from discussions with discretionary staff members. (But I was told that the staff liked the cruise director cause he would hang w/them and drink....)

We were also on the Galaxy in September - different cruise than Sheik however - and we found him the best cruise director we've had on any ship. He was very eloquent and always said what had to be said and not more. I hate it when CD say "Did you have a good time today?" and the audience applause, but not enough to his liking and he repeats "Did you have a good time today?", and have seen it three times. Well give me a break! This cruise director never repeated his questions to get a forced reaction.

Too bad :( , but Celebrity lost a good man.

Gerry

Thanks for the info. I'm really interested in the reason why he left the Galaxy. Probably we'll never know the real reason.

I totally agree....I made the same comment earlier. We will

probably never know....probably is the operative word.

Down the road (or ocean, sea, whatever) maybe the truth

will surface.....but I doubt it.

We were on the same cruise with Sheik. We had some personal interaction with Shawn during the cruise, and came to be very fond of him. He was always very friendly and helpful whenever we needed him, and always smiled and said "hi" when he passed us on board ship. Sorry to hear this about him.

Well, maybe we met eachother but didn't notice it ;) It was really a 'happy' ship and the Italian poolband was very good. Oh, I miss these days...Although the hottubs werent working and the ship is not the newest one in the fleet it was our best cruise. Not because we're from Europe, it was the total experience. Everything was great, the food, the ambiance, the passengers, the crew, the service, the itinerary, the weather and well...we loved the ship!

When the ship sailed between Sorrento and Capri in the evening, I was standing at the upperdeck (front) and this was for me the best moment of the cruise. I don't know what happened to me, but it was so special. There were just 2 other people on that deck and we were almost in trance....it was so beautiful :D

Oh wel...I'm glad we booked this cruise last minute and had a wonderful vacation......<sigh>

Sheik: Now you've done it - you've got me wishing I was back on the Galaxy again enjoying our wonderful cruise!:D Oh, wait a minute - I'm ALWAYS wishing I was back on the ship again! It was definitely a wonderful cruise all the way around - food, people we met, activities, PORTS:) , staff (yes, Shawn was one of our favorites), everything was exactly as I had hoped it would be. Who knows - maybe someday we'll meet up on another cruise. Until then, take care.

June

Archived