Excursion Question please.....

Lois R

:) Hi again.....let me ask you, If you have a water excursion...does HAL supply you with a towel?

Just wondered, as I have 2 tours booked and both have swimming included. So I am guessing it would be a beach size towel!...thanks!

Yes they do supply beach towels, Lois. When you are exiting the gangway, there will be a bin with towels, take one or two. When you return, there will be an empty bin for you to throw your used towels in.

:)

There will be towels available either in a big bin or on a table as you go to leave the ship.

Take 2 per person - they aren't that big (IMO) - I have beach towels that are bigger than their's.

Some people go to the pool area (even though they don't have to) and pick up extra towels there.

Then when you return to the ship, there will be a big bin for those wet and sandy towels.

Know what you mean..

We gave up Princess a few years ago. But when we did sail them for the last time, we got a beach towel for each of us in the cabin and that was supposed to be for the whole cruise - no clean or dry one. When we used them, we had to hand them on the bathroom clothes line to dry overnight.

And there weren't any available at the pool.

After a couple of days we asked our cabin steward for new ones. He didn't seem happy about the request - but he got us new ones.

Ok girls...another question:) I am just asking this...and I have no intention of starting a controversy...I promise!...What are the formal, informal, and casual evenings? I know there are 2 formal nights...or I am using an educated guess on that one...;) ....how are they lined up?

It depends on the cruise. The first and last nights are always casual because of the luggage issues. The formal nights are usually sea days IF you have a sea day at the beginning of the cruise and at the end. Otherwise they are usually the 2nd or 3rd night and the 6th night (on a 7 night cruise), but it can vary and not always the same on each cruise. The one informal night will be stuck in the middle along with the remaining 2 casual nights.

Doesn't matter if you know ahead or not. The Daily newsletter will tell you the night before what the next night's dress code is. I've never heard of anyone not dressing according to the rules just because they didn't know what night is was. :)

Hi Peaches...I plan on dressing accordingly...maybe I asked the question incorrectly......

I know most formal nights are sea days...well on X they are anyway.

But you just mentioned what I was wondering......there are really 4 casual nights and only 1 informal night?

Hi Peaches...I plan on dressing accordingly...maybe I asked the question incorrectly......

I know most formal nights are sea days...well on X they are anyway.

But you just mentioned what I was wondering......there are really 4 casual nights and only 1 informal night?

I read on other threads that on 7-night Caribbean cruises there are 2 formal nights, 1 informal, and 4 casual.

Archived