Is it just me or are these boards incredibly slow lately?

willysgrandma

I've noticed over at least the last week these boards are crawling along slowly. It takes quite a while for things to post. I assume I am not the only one, based on the number of double and triple postings lately.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and is everyone experiencing it or is it just me?

Even when I went to reply to this thread, my screen went white and I got the dreaded 'Cannot find the server' message.

When I have submitted replies, my screen just goes white and I get the 'Done' in the corner. I then have to close everything and log back on to see that in fact, my reply WAS posted.

Maybe the weather has something to do with it????

Even when I went to reply to this thread, my screen went white and I got the dreaded 'Cannot find the server' message.

When I have submitted replies, my screen just goes white and I get the 'Done' in the corner. I then have to close everything and log back on to see that in fact, my reply WAS posted.

Maybe the weather has something to do with it????

Doubt it is the weather - it is 50 degrees and sunny in NY. I think it is the site itself.

I figured it was just site usage. It seems to me that the site is always slower in the afternoon than it is in the very early a.m. Fewer people slowing things down? Maybe, maybe not, but let's not shake Charlie from her Basket of Misconceptions regarding the Web. It' so nice and comfy here.

As for the white screen, it does seem to be coming up a lot lately, but I've learned if you just hit back on your tool bar, it takes you back to a blank posting page. Just ignore it (your post has gone through) and go onto your next task.

Maybe the Web is no crazier about the holdiays being over than the rest of us are...

Charlie

Seems really slow to me too. I've also noticed it goes down completely for a while around 12:30 AM Pacific Time for about 20 to 30 min. every morning, although that could just be routine maintenance.

You can set your clock on it.... It is maintenance as I understand.

For us late nighters.... it is a call to take a break..... :D

Yes, the boards are verrryyy slooowwww.... although I have only noticed last two days. I have asked them to check on it..

Thanks Caroline. I had also emailed the webmaster this afternoon after others had noticed the slowness. It seems ok now so maybe something did need his attention.

Hi all

My experience with these boards is that I get very little delay

As I am in Australia I expect it all has to do with traffic. I am visiting when most others are pre-occupied (Work or asleep). The CC boards are not extensively used by folk down under - not well publicised - so when we get on it is usually fine.

When I track some posts it is interesting to see that from Nth America they come in straight after one another, so no wonder there is sometimes a log jam.

cheers

Archived