What Ship To Sail?

It all depends on what you are looking for. Pretty much any of the Vision Class, Radiance Class, Voyager Class, or Freedom Class ships will be bigger than anything Holland America or Disney has to offer. You'll also need to determine what on-board activities are important to you.

Personally, I think the Voyager Class ships are the best (Voyager, Explorer, Mariner, Adventure, Navigator). This is because they are large and have a lot to do on them, but they are not quite as large as the Freedom. Granted, I have not yet sailed on the Freedom, so I could be pleasantly surprised, as I was when RCI debuted the Voyager class.

Do you have any specific things you are looking for in the ship? With all of the great ships RCI has, you really can't go wrong with most of them...you just need to find what you're looking for.

We like movies and shows . Is there a kids pool and adult only pool? I like when seperate area for people with out kids so as not to affend any one with my children. plus i can go there wihtout kids for some adult time.

With a 7 and 11 year old, I'd recommend taking a look at the Voyager class or the Freedom Class.

As to your specific question about the pools, the Voyager class has the main pool area, plus the adults only Solarium. The Freedom has the main pool area, the adults only Solarium, PLUS the H20 Zone which I'm sure your kids would love.

The Voyager class ships have a kids' area, and on the main deck are two pools that everyone can use, and a solarium with a pool that is for adaults only. There seem to be a lot of fun activities just for kids, and plenty of things to do that are really cross-generational (is that a word??):D There does seem to be a diversity of ages on this ships...from toddlers to octagenarians, all having a good time. I have not been on the Freedom, but it sounds like a bigger, newer version, with even more to do.

We took our kids (7 and 11) on their first cruise on the Jewel (Radiance class) last spring. They loved it, and so did we (it was our seventh, but first in 10 years). The Jewel is gorgeous. It does not have ice skating, but has pretty much everything else. That being said, this spring, we are on the 3/25/07 sailing on the Mariner, one of the Voyager class ships which does have ice skating. The Jewel has a separate kids pool area with a water slide, but it is really not more than a wading pool. But it is fresh water so that is where my kids wanted to be. The other pools are salt water. I believe all the pools on the Freedom class are fresh water.

Hope that helps.

Archived