What would make your cruise BETTER?

MDTravel

For all of you well-traveled cruisers, I would love to know...

What would make your cruise experience BETTER?

If you had a person on board, acting as a sort of personal "host", a go-to person, what would you utilize him or her for?

Would you want them to provide concierge services?

What kinds of services could this person provide that would be useful to you??

Do you receive gifts from the cruise lines, and have too many of the same thing? What would be a great gift that would make you happy to recieve?

Certainly the cruise-staff does their part in making your experience the best it can be, but that being said, what would make it BETTER?

MDTravel

Hello ~

The last few years we have save and treated ourselves to category Deluxe Suite. That affords us the use of a concierge. That person is able to make all arrangements such as reservations to restaurants, shore excursions, parties in our suite, on and on.

We also receive gifts from our travel agent from wine, dinners at the specialty restaurant, photographs, onboard credit, etc.

We are very happy with our cruise experience.

Kathy

• 1 month later...

The one thing that would make my cruising.. which I now do trans-atlantic for two weeks or more....is that my favorite line would add washing machines.. I just do't want to send out my personal items to the laundry..like panties, bras, etc. and I'm deadly serious

• 3 weeks later...
The one thing that would make my cruising.. which I now do trans-atlantic for two weeks or more....is that my favorite line would add washing machines.. I just do't want to send out my personal items to the laundry..like panties, bras, etc. and I'm deadly serious

Washers and driers for sure. I just ret. from the MSC OPERA after 11 nights and I absolutely hate the laundry (or lack of) situation. I had to wash out undies and wear a few items twice, yuk! I don't do dirty clothing well. I am not sure what others do, but for me it is a huge problem.:eek:

Washers and driers for sure. I just ret. from the MSC OPERA after 11 nights and I absolutely hate the laundry (or lack of) situation. I had to wash out undies and wear a few items twice, yuk! I don't do dirty clothing well. I am not sure what others do, but for me it is a huge problem.:eek:

For a while I brought old raggedy underpants and tried tossing them...but that didn't work..With a balcony I can atleast try use a clothes pin to have them dry...Idid find at a resort this year I only wore my bathing suits in the a.m. so tht I could wear personals twice.. With this upcoming two week cruise the dress clothes are only worn a short time..day time stuff will be a problem..lol..

• 2 weeks later...
It sure would be nice if all the other cruise lines adopted Carnival's military pricing policies.

Hi-I've never heard of military pricing.:confused:Please explain;) Thank you, Paul

Hi-I've never heard of military pricing.:confused:Please explain;) Thank you, Paul

Plenty has been already written about military pricing on these boards.

Just do a search for "military pricing" under the search function at the top of these boards. Happy reading.

Military pricing varies by cruise line from great as with Carnival to not at all with most cruise lines. Each cruise line has a different policy. On Carnival it is there absolute best price available. Even their special sale prices do not match their military pricing.

Plenty has been already written about military pricing on these boards.

Just do a search for "military pricing" under the search function at the top of these boards. Happy reading.

Military pricing varies by cruise line from great as with Carnival to not at all with most cruise lines. Each cruise line has a different policy. On Carnival it is there absolute best price available. Even their special sale prices do not match their military pricing.

Royal Carib. has just started a military discount for folks serving less than 20 years. It is much more limited than Carnival's however. I found this info on the 'military pricing' board. Even my TA was not aware.

Not having to walk thru Schooner or other common smoking areas. I am not dogging smokers, it is just that my allergies flare up and my clothes have to be aired. I think that the ship should have better ventilation for smokers and non-smokers.

I cruise Holland America, and honestly, I can't think of anything that would make my cruises better. They've all been perfect, especially my last one because I drove 30 minutes to the pier and the ship was fantastic!

I would love to see an all adult cruise.:) Or at least put the families with children on the same end of the ship or clumpled together. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but when I go on a cruise I don't want to hear children in the room beside me crying all night or screaming at the shows. :mad: Teenagers running up and down the halls banging on walls. :eek: I'm only 58, but would love to vacation with 21 and over.

• 2 weeks later...

The Princess Line has self service laundry on each floor.,also a cloths line in the shower for undies or wet suits, wow I thought all ships had that, but we have only used Princess. I would like to see vending machines or pop in cans or bottles sold in the gift shop or somwhere on the ship, I drink alot of pop in my room and when you have to pay bar price every time for a can it adds up and I hate pop off the gun

I'm with you, smarks, about wishing for adult only cruising. But I guess the cruise lines are going the opposite way in attracting young people and kids with their special activities. Eventually, too many kids on board may make a difference in my thinking about cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

MSC Opera, me too. We survived it, but 11 days of laundry was not pleasant.

Archived