Miracle at St. Lucia only til 2 p.m.?

CrusinAgain

Been wanting to go to St. Lucia and the Miracle will be starting that trip later this year. Does anyone know why the Dec. 9th trip only stays at St. Lucia until 2 p.m.? That is one we need to take but geesh.....that is a long trip down to only get 7 hours there. The ports are St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Martin.

Our other choice is the Liberty ship but it doesn't sound like Antiqua and Tortola are that interesting to see.

Having been to all the ports mentioned except St. Lucia, I find that Tortola and Antigua have a lot more to offer than St. Kitts. St. Martin is a tossup.

Your time in St. Lucia is limited because of the distances.

DH and I actually stayed at a resort in St. Lucia for a week and llllooovvvveeeddd it! Any chance to get back for any amount of time would be nice. What kind of excursions to they give you the options for? That might dictate it for me.

DH and I actually stayed at a resort in St. Lucia for a week and llllooovvvveeeddd it! Any chance to get back for any amount of time would be nice. What kind of excursions to they give you the options for? That might dictate it for me.

I would want a tour of the island seeing the drive thru volcano and the waterfalls. Its strange how the rest of the voyages the ship stays at St. Lucia until 5 so I feel this one is shorting us because actually the time at St. Lucia is more like 6 hours since the ship requires you back onboard 30 minutes before.

What would you recommend of seeing if we chose to go for only the 6 hours?

Having been to all the ports mentioned except St. Lucia, I find that Tortola and Antigua have a lot more to offer than St. Kitts. St. Martin is a tossup.

Your time in St. Lucia is limited because of the distances.

I thought so also, but the rest of the voyages, it stays until 5 p.m. with the only difference being that St. Kitts is last. This voyage they swapped St. Lucia and St. Kitts but did not cut the time down for St. Kitts, only St. Lucia.

Don't rule out Tortola completely. We've been there twice and just love it. It is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Many people go to the Baths in Virgin Gorda (short ferry ride from Tortola) and go on and on about how great it is.

Don't rule out Tortola completely. We've been there twice and just love it. It is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Many people go to the Baths in Virgin Gorda (short ferry ride from Tortola) and go on and on about how great it is.

Really? Okay, I'm all ears. The Liberty goes to Tortola, Antiqua, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Bahamas for 8 days (Miracle is 8 days also).

We are not get in the water type people so what is at Tortola worth seeing other than the baths? I guess that is why when I saw St. Lucia with the waterfalls and volcanos that it is totally different but seriously, that time is short.

Appreciate everyone's help. :)

I think if you could see what you wanted to see through one of the tours then go. You don't need to see the pier shops in the main area...it's just like any other. However, driving in St. Lucia is an absolute bear. If you love windy roads and potential motion sickness then that is the place for you. We loved it - it had great snorkeling, the Pitons are absolutely gorgeous, the rainforest was wonderful, the baths are fantastic! I wouldn't want to be shortchanged on the port but if I could see what I wanted to see then don't worry about extra lag time. Stuff is very expensive in the stores there and it is extremely 3rd world....extremely...buy from the locals on the street, road, or beach.

I think if you could see what you wanted to see through one of the tours then go. You don't need to see the pier shops in the main area...it's just like any other. However, driving in St. Lucia is an absolute bear. If you love windy roads and potential motion sickness then that is the place for you. We loved it - it had great snorkeling, the Pitons are absolutely gorgeous, the rainforest was wonderful, the baths are fantastic! I wouldn't want to be shortchanged on the port but if I could see what I wanted to see then don't worry about extra lag time. Stuff is very expensive in the stores there and it is extremely 3rd world....extremely...buy from the locals on the street, road, or beach.

Thanks so much...this is exactly what I was wondering if we would miss anything else like good inexpensive shopping. So it sounds like we would be okay as long as we can hit the must do sites on a tour. Again, thank you!

The baths are supposed to be lovely but I myself did not go. I heard from every other person that they are just fantastic though! We loved the snorkeling, the pitons, the rainforest was excellent!!! The food is wonderful too... You might want to read through some of the reviews on tripadvisor of Tikaye - I believe people there have posted about their different experiences and trips they've taken (you'll probably have to do a quite bit of reading). That is where we stayed and also where we heard many folks talking about the baths.

Just driving through (or around) St. Lucia and going through the different villages is pretty amazing! I was disappointed at the shopping and definitely don't feel you would miss out on much. Others might disagree but that's my opinion.

Archived