Who has booked Alaska excursions for 2007?

janmitch

I'm so excited because I have just booked our excursions for Icy Strait and Skagway and got exactly what we wanted! Is everyone else booking their excursions for the summer of 2007? I don't know if it's early to do or not, but we wanted to make sure we got the right bus/train tour in Skagway and the flightseeing trip in Icy Strait, so we plunked the money down now! Now, if June would only get here soon!

Sitka - Otter & Wildlife Quest through the ship, plus walking around town. We haven't been to this town yet, so I'm excited.

Juneau - Mendenhall & Mt Roberts on our own, plus walking around town and doing some shopping. We've been here before and did whale watching. It was wonderful, but we didn't have time to spend in the town, so we're making up for that this time.

Skagway - Jeep Adventure (please don't flame me - I read the boards and know the opinions of this tour by some of the locals, but my guy REALLY wants this, and it's his vacation too). We did the White Pass RR last time, and it was wonderful, but it's not necessary to do it again. I want a little more time in the town this time.

Ketchikan - Zipline for me only - he's chicken. :) Love Ketchikan, took the horse-drawn trolley tour last time, and got to hug a husky.

Linda

I appreciate the helpful info about what to do in each of the ports. Have any of you taken the tour on the ducks (amphibious vehicles) in Ketchikan? There are thirteen in our family group, including 3 young children, so we are looking for fun but less expensive things to do. Any suggestions? We also port in Juneau and Skagway on the Sapphire Princess.

Skagway - Jeep Adventure (please don't flame me - I read the boards and know the opinions of this tour by some of the locals, but my guy REALLY wants this, and it's his vacation too). We did the White Pass RR last time, and it was wonderful, but it's not necessary to do it again. I want a little more time in the town this time.

Ketchikan - Zipline for me only - he's chicken. :) Love Ketchikan, took the horse-drawn trolley tour last time, and got to hug a husky.

Linda

Linda -

We did the Jeep Adventure when we were in Skagway in May 2004. It was a BLAST!! We didn't get to go off road (the area was still frozen over) but they took us up into the Yukon for site seeing and it was great. I can't even describe how beautiful it was. We had a caribou running next to our jeep for a while!

We are doing the zip lines in Juneau on this trip. I'm going back and forth between "I don't know if I can jump off the platform" and "I can't wait to try this!"

We will be on the Diamond on May 19th - Southbound. Are you on our ship?

:D

Linda

Linda -

We did the Jeep Adventure when we were in Skagway in May 2004. It was a BLAST!! We didn't get to go off road (the area was still frozen over) but they took us up into the Yukon for site seeing and it was great. I can't even describe how beautiful it was. We had a caribou running next to our jeep for a while!

We are doing the zip lines in Juneau on this trip. I'm going back and forth between "I don't know if I can jump off the platform" and "I can't wait to try this!"

Linda -

Oh you made my day! I was a little concerned, because this tour doesn't get very good reviews. But this sounds exactly like what Chris wants. I've even told him he can take my turn driving. I just want to sightsee. Thanks!

No, we're on the Carnival Spirit Southbound at the end of August. So you'll have to let me know what you thought of the ziplines when you get back. [grin]

Happy cruising!

Linda

I've heard several people rave about Captain Larry - what does he do differently than the whale watching excursions you can book through HAL? I'm going on my first cruise in July and I'm a bit nervous about booking independent operators, but everyone here has such great things to say about him.

I've heard several people rave about Captain Larry - what does he do differently than the whale watching excursions you can book through HAL? I'm going on my first cruise in July and I'm a bit nervous about booking independent operators, but everyone here has such great things to say about him.

He offers a more personal experience and fewer passenger ratio on his boat. Their office is right downtown in Juneau, everyone meets there and walks together to the bus - which takes you for a short ride to Auke Bay where his boats are. All of the passengers on our excursion were from the ship. Check out his website call the 800 # to talk with someone in his office. They should make you fell comfortable and you won't be disappointed :D

www.orcaenterprises.com

June - Northbound

Ketchikan

Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Adventure

Tatoosh Islands Kayaking Adventure

Backcountry Jet Boat Adventure

Juneau

Taku Glacier Lodge & Feast

Underground Juneau Gold Mine

Glacier & Dog Sled Helicopter Adventure

Skagway

Chilkoot Trail Hike & Float

Best of Skagway Train & Bus

I had planned on leaving Ketchikan as a fairly open date, but after reading so much on this board, I'm sure I will regret it if I don't get to meet Michelle and do the Island Wings Misty Fiords flight. So that was booked today! :D

June - Northbound

Ketchikan

Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Adventure

Tatoosh Islands Kayaking Adventure

Backcountry Jet Boat Adventure

Juneau

Taku Glacier Lodge & Feast

Underground Juneau Gold Mine

Glacier & Dog Sled Helicopter Adventure

Skagway

Chilkoot Trail Hike & Float

Best of Skagway Train & Bus

Vozzie, wow, you've got a busy schedule! But I guess since you're coming all the way from Australia, you've got to take in as much as you can!

We'll be on the NCL Pearl the same week as you and I notice from the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska Schedule, we'll be in port (the Sapphire and the Pearl) together in Juneau (the 19th), in Skagway (the 20th) and also we'll be cruising Glacier Bay the same day (the 21st, the longest day of the year). I'll be busy taking pictures of the Sapphire Princess and I'll be glad to send you any that you wish!

Have a great cruise and let's hope for excellent weather! :) -Sandy-

I got DH's attention and we began to book. I'm hoping to book one, pay for it, book another. We started with the most important to him - Skagway and the Railroad (with Gold Panning - it's what he wants). Next, I snorkle in Ketchican and he helicopters somewhere. He must lose 10 lbs to be under the weight limit! Talk about an incentive!:eek:

Hello,

our cruise leaves on June 10 and need to book tours. We are 8 in our group and would like to book independently.I would like to get some names od private vendors if you can email me at ppatel26@shaw.ca. Thanking you in advance.

I just finished booking our excursions. Our cruise leaves June 2nd. We are going on a whale watching trip in Icy Strait Point and the other half of our group is going on a fishing trip. In Skagway we are doing the train/bus combo and in Juneau we are renting a car. In Juneau we are going to Mendenhall glacier, the salmon hatchery and then doing some shopping in downtown. I booked all of the excursions with independent vendors. I followed all of the advice I have been reading on these boards. Thanks for all of the help !!

Sailing June 16 on the Serenade of the Seas out of Vancouver.

Skagway: Mushers Camp

Skagway: White Pass/Yukon train

Juneau: Pilot's Choice helicopter/glacier ride by TEMSCO

The helicopter ride is what I am looking foward to MOST!! It's something I've wanted to do for year. :D

Oh you made my day! I was a little concerned, because this tour doesn't get very good reviews. But this sounds exactly like what Chris wants. I've even told him he can take my turn driving. I just want to sightsee. Thanks!

No, we're on the Carnival Spirit Southbound at the end of August. So you'll have to let me know what you thought of the ziplines when you get back. [grin]

Happy cruising!

Linda

Linda -

I don't know why it wouldn't get good reviews. It was SO MUCH FUN! Our guide's name was OZ. I was having some fun with him at one of our stops when we were getting ready to leave. I said to him "Take us to the Emerald Lake oh great and powerful OZ" - and do you know he was the only one to get it!!!! Couldn't believe there was NO ONE else in our group who had seen the Wizard of OZ!!!!!:eek:

You will really enjoy the Jeeps. I wish we had been able to go off road, but it was still well worth the experience!

Have fun!!

Seattle - Floatplane tour around city

Juneau - Capt Larry and Glacier landing w/Coastal Helicopter Tour (The two tour companies worked out transportation between them)

Skagway- Dolly Varden Wildlife Zodiac

Prince Rupert - Canoe Excursion and Rainforest Walk (booked through RCI)

Kind of busy, but I'd still like to work in Gold Panning!

And you are on a smaller boat, 40 people compared to 200. He gets closer to the whales than a bigger ship can.

Archived