Who has booked Alaska excursions for 2007?

janmitch

I'm so excited because I have just booked our excursions for Icy Strait and Skagway and got exactly what we wanted! Is everyone else booking their excursions for the summer of 2007? I don't know if it's early to do or not, but we wanted to make sure we got the right bus/train tour in Skagway and the flightseeing trip in Icy Strait, so we plunked the money down now! Now, if June would only get here soon!

I booked a Misty Fjords flight in Ketchikan and a rail/bus excursion in Skagway with independent vendors a few months ago. In Juneau, we'll have a rental car, and the things we are going to see don't require advance reservations. For our post-cruise land trip, I will be making reservations for a Kenai Fjords cruise in Seward and a glacier hike in Kennicott. I also need to reserve the ferry between Valdez and Whittier. I'm trying to spread out the charges so they don't overwhelm the checkbook at once! We leave early June.

I just finished booking our excursions. Our cruise leaves June 2nd. We are going on a whale watching trip in Icy Strait Point and the other half of our group is going on a fishing trip. In Skagway we are doing the train/bus combo and in Juneau we are renting a car. In Juneau we are going to Mendenhall glacier, the salmon hatchery and then doing some shopping in downtown. I booked all of the excursions with independent vendors. I followed all of the advice I have been reading on these boards. Thanks for all of the help !!

I've booked the Carcross Rail Run through Chilkoot Charters which is the train from Skagway to Carcross, and bus back. We are planning on taking the bus to the Visitor Center in Juneau, and walking the trails around there. Still need to book for Sitka; looking at a bike tour possibly.

We have booked all of our major excursions for our trip beginning in Anchorage on 6/3/07 and ending up with our cruise from Whittier to Vancouver on 6/11/07

For land portion:

Seward - Kenai Fjords National Park tour w/Alaska

Saltwater Lodge

Whittier - Prince William Sound Cruise

Talkeetna - Talkeetna Air Taxi (flightseeing)

For cruise portion:

Skagway - Chilkoot Charters - Yukon Bus/Rail Excursion

Juneau - whalewatching with Capt. Larry

Hi - we are leaving Zaandam on May 9 and have booked the following excursions:

Juneau - Coastal Helicopters Icefield excursion

Skagway - Chilkoot Tours Yukon Bus Rail Combo - would like to have done the Carcross tour but it does not run on Sat. and will not have started when we are in Skagway

Ketchikan - Island Wings Misty Fiords

We also plan to do other "smaller" tours where time and energy allow. We also like to walk around the areas away from the shops to get a feel for the area.

Can't wait - we have 12 days in the Canadian Rockies and western Canada prior to the cruise and an extra couple of days in Vancouver post cruise.

Land tour:

Tokosha Homestead Tour (included in package) from McKinley Princess

Whitewater Canyon Rafting (included in package) in Denali

Denali Shuttle

Ship:

Skagway: White Pass & Yukon RR /Skagway Streetcar Co.

Juneau: Whale watching with Larry

Ketchikan: Kayaking with Southeast Kayaks

Not going until August - but booked Capt. Larry and Coastal Helicopters over a month ago.

Next booking was RV for 2 weeks interior travel.

Also booked: air travel, Skagway (Chilkoot Charters train up/bus down to Fraser) and Denali (2 nights at Savage River Campground and shuttle)

July 18, 2007, Carnival Spirit Southbound

Sitka: Semi-Submersible Sea Life Discovery

and Captain's Choice Wildlife Quest & Beach Walk

Juneau: Taku Glacier Lodge Flight & Feast

Skagway: Ultimate Yukon & White Pass Railroad Adventure

Ketchikan: Neet's Bay Bear Watch Expedition

Volendam Aug 31 NB, our seventh cruise to Alaska

Juneau -- DW is booked on the helicopter dog sleds. Not sure what I will do yet. May just stay aboard.

Sitka - We are booked for the ship's tour with the New Archange Dancers in the morning and sea otter cruise in the afternoon

Ketchikan -- booked for ship's tour Saxman Village. Not sure about the Lumberjack show.

Icy Strait Point -- wildlife viewing with Teckk Outfitters.

Ship's tours are safe and timing is good. Usually we book them if we can, and only with an independent for something special or if they really get raves on this board (like Teckk).

Everybody have a GREAT cruise!

Today I booked with the famous Capt Larry for whale watching in Juneau...2 out of the 4 cruises that day were already full...We have a wildlife cruise booked for Ketchikan..Thats about it..We will probably do the Best of Skagway..Havent decided if we will book anything in Sitka..We may just play that port by ear..

It's so much fun to read everyone's response! I've been getting help from these boards all season. We've booked one independent and one with RCI and hope all goes well!

jeniferlyn, you sound like you might be on the Serenade??? We're sailing on her on June 2nd. Let me know. I'd love to find someone else sailing with us.

Good to see there are some other plan-aholics out there!

We're snorkeling in Ketchikan and I can't wait!

Booked with Harv and Marv's for some whale watching in Juneau. Opted to go with the smaller crew but have heard GREAT things about them and Capt. Larry.

Riding train in Skagway.

We're going to punt in Prince Rupert.

I'm certain to pull BF along some shopping routes! And I think we're going to zip line. My luck: Lived through diving with sharks in Nassau. Will bump into a bear in Ketchikan and live to tell the tale but get stuck on (cuss word) zip line due to eating too much on cruise.

Archived